Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Rape Support Group **Possible MATURE Content**

Thanks to both of you. This isn't something we can ignore, or we are as bad as those who victimized us.

Thanks to Faeawyn, WynnJera, Earthy and Mothwench for the beautiful banners and VB for my avatar!
    MerryMoot: My Gallery of Magick Realist Paintings
    Disciple of Jodarius, and Keeper of the Original Rod of Thwacking (a rather beat-up looking stick with a leather handle, but it's mine!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Boogins
    I must also repeat that men have been raped too, and sometimes that's by women... even women in those much-herald positions of trust, like motherhood. I know this to be true, just as my boyfriend knows this to be true. 'Nuff said.
    Yep...and women can be just as bad at abuse as men. Just ask the cops about some of the cases they see.

Yas
    New York Times Best-selling Author
    Urban Fantasy At Its Best
    The OTHERWORLD SERIES & the upcoming
    INDIGO COURT SERIES
    BONE MAGIC: Available Now
    INKED ANTHOLOGY: Available Now
    NIGHT MYST: 6.29.2010
    HARVEST HUNTING: 10.26.2010
    BLOOD WYNE: 2.2011
    Galenorn En/Visions
    Yasmine on Myspace
    Yasmine's Twitter

--Contact me via my site or MySpace if you need me.

We know just what you mean, Yazza. Unfortunately, don't have to ask the cops.

Thanks to Faeawyn, WynnJera, Earthy and Mothwench for the beautiful banners and VB for my avatar!
    Disciple of Jodarius, and Keeper of the Original Rod of Thwacking (a rather beat-up looking stick with a leather handle, but it's mine!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine Galenorn
    Yep...and women can be just as bad at abuse as men. Just ask the cops about some of the cases they see.

Yas

they are... but you know something that annoys me... it's when people seem to think that just because the abuse is not physical but emotional that it's not abuse. Emotional abuse can be just as bad if not worse then physical or sexual abuse.. It is a personal pet peeve of mine.

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." ~Albus Dumbledore

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him? ~Martin Buber

It happened to me twice..at 12 and at 17.i guess i've kinda buried it but my depression gets real bad,i'm thinking of going back onto tablets,i'm finding it hard to cope,and feel truly ugly.
    May there be a miracle in your life today & may you have the eyes to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by earthchild71
    It happened to me twice..at 12 and at 17.i guess i've kinda buried it but my depression gets real bad,i'm thinking of going back onto tablets,i'm finding it hard to cope,and feel truly ugly.

((hugs))

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." ~Albus Dumbledore

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him? ~Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by nomadicdragon
    they are... but you know something that annoys me... it's when people seem to think that just because the abuse is not physical but emotional that it's not abuse. Emotional abuse can be just as bad if not worse then physical or sexual abuse.. It is a personal pet peeve of mine.
    You're right!

Gala Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogins
    I'm there too. Getting together with my current boyfriend made all the difference in the world for me, because he was sexually abused when he was 12; I think we helped each other through a lot. Still, it's one thing talking with him, another thing here.

But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the opportunity. Or the friendship. to you all.
    I haven't read each and every post yet. I just want to say that I was abused sexually by a very close family member for probably 4 or 5 years. Until I moved away at the start of the 4th grade.
    I always had problems getting close to boys, and then men.
    My first husband wasn't supportive at all, he even went so far as to say that I made up how it effected me. He never understood when I wasn't able to have sex.
    My new husband is totally the opposite. He loves me and knows that I love him and also knows that how much sex I give out, does not equal my love for him.
    He is more concerned with quality rather than quanity.
    He also had problems growing up. Several strange things happend to him.

So it depends upon your partner as to how you heal and deal with the issues that stem from sexual abuse and rape.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadicdragon
    You're so right!!
    I suffered mental abuse from my ex for 3 years while i was with him,and 2 years since we split up,he has totally destroyed my self esteem,my confidence,trust and whole outlook on life.
    It's hard work getting it back.
    May there be a miracle in your life today & may you have the eyes to see it.

But we're all with you, Earthy. You've been a great friend, and I'm so glad you've opened up.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast