Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Rape Support Group **Possible MATURE Content**

Quote Originally Posted by Boogins
    But we're all with you, Earthy. You've been a great friend, and I'm so glad you've opened up.
    you have been too,you wouldn't believe how difficult i find it to talk to people.
    May there be a miracle in your life today & may you have the eyes to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by earthchild71
    You're so right!!
    I suffered mental abuse from my ex for 3 years while i was with him,and 2 years since we split up,he has totally destroyed my self esteem,my confidence,trust and whole outlook on life.
    It's hard work getting it back.
    I know wh at you mean.. it was my parents and then my exhusband for me... but I finally reached the conclusion that I want to be happy. I deserve to be happy and if I deserve to be happy then I must be worth something. And if someone doesn't think so.. that is there problem.. I can't conrtol how others feel.. but it's taken several years have climbing up tall hils to arrive at this point and it's still a hard road and sometimes i have minor relapses.. but ((hugs))

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." ~Albus Dumbledore

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him? ~Martin Buber

Yea,i have many relapses too.but we will overcome.
    May there be a miracle in your life today & may you have the eyes to see it.

Relapses... if I'm not around much for a couple of days, sorry. It's funny how much something like this can both help and hinder.

Thanks to Faeawyn, WynnJera, Earthy and Mothwench for the beautiful banners and VB for my avatar!
    MerryMoot: My Gallery of Magick Realist Paintings
    Disciple of Jodarius, and Keeper of the Original Rod of Thwacking (a rather beat-up looking stick with a leather handle, but it's mine!!!)

I have been reading this thread and posting to it and last night in late hours i woke up due to a night mare about my rape. My goodness it was so long ago that it happened and yet still I have the memories, I have tried to repress. I guess this thread brought it all back to me. It was quite a bad drream. I even remembered when I went to the base hospital and tried to report it and how they looked at me and the first Q out of the dr's mouth was.......what did you do to make them think you wanted that kind of sex with you. My goodness I never even knew them they had been drinking saw me and well they took the oppertunity to get some fun from me. I never asked for it. But I sat in bed holding a cryatal to soothe me and got to thinking about so many other woman and men for that matter, who have been raped and then treated like dirt becasue others thought they had asked for it. I saw a trail on tv one night and the girl had been raped and the defense attorny asked her that same horrid Q. No one ever asks for it. Goodness, why do people have to be that way. Why is it that people generally think if you say you were raped, you are just covering up for something. and the defense attornies go out of their way to make you look like a whore or something. Well I finally calmed down and fell back to sleep. But still this day I think and remember it all and just want to weep for anyone wgho has had to face rape no matter the age or gender. Sighs.........

BB
    DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsinger
    I have been reading this thread and posting to it and last night in late hours i woke up due to a night mare about my rape. My goodness it was so long ago that it happened and yet still I have the memories, I have tried to repress. I guess this thread brought it all back to me. It was quite a bad drream. I even remembered when I went to the base hospital and tried to report it and how they looked at me and the first Q out of the dr's mouth was.......what did you do to make them think you wanted that kind of sex with you. My goodness I never even knew them they had been drinking saw me and well they took the oppertunity to get some fun from me. I never asked for it. But I sat in bed holding a cryatal to soothe me and got to thinking about so many other woman and men for that matter, who have been raped and then treated like dirt becasue others thought they had asked for it. I saw a trail on tv one night and the girl had been raped and the defense attorny asked her that same horrid Q. No one ever asks for it. Goodness, why do people have to be that way. Why is it that people generally think if you say you were raped, you are just covering up for something. and the defense attornies go out of their way to make you look like a whore or something. Well I finally calmed down and fell back to sleep. But still this day I think and remember it all and just want to weep for anyone wgho has had to face rape no matter the age or gender. Sighs.........

BB
    DS.

((hugs)) i think that somestimes it's easier for others to believe that we did something to bring on the attack. It makes the whole thing somehow less horrible. It makes the perp be it male or female less of a monster if the victim brought it on in some way..

*sigh* I hate that people cannot see past their fears to understand other's pain

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." ~Albus Dumbledore

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him? ~Martin Buber

It happened to me twice..at 12 and at 17.i guess i've kinda buried it but my depression gets real bad,i'm thinking of going back onto tablets,i'm finding it hard to cope,and feel truly ugly.
    Lots of Hugs

Thanks for the terrific banners Faeawyn!

Keeper of Tzhebee's toys. :deviltail

"I think it's pretty safe to assume there's no lab sophisticated enough yet to synthesize the kind of chemicals I need. A nobel prize to the one who invents that puppy." -House of Leaves-

Angry

You're so right!!
    I suffered mental abuse from my ex for 3 years while i was with him,and 2 years since we split up,he has totally destroyed my self esteem,my confidence,trust and whole outlook on life.
    It's hard work getting it back.
    Mental abuse is the worst. Both my ex's have done it to me and one still is. Both of them know how to get under my skin. This type of abuse can cause massive amounts of damage in a short period of time that takes a lifetime to repair.

"I think it's pretty safe to assume there's no lab sophisticated enough yet to synthesize the kind of chemicals I need. A nobel prize to the one who invents that puppy." -House of Leaves-

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Gala
    My first husband wasn't supportive at all, he even went so far as to say that I made up how it effected me.
    GRRRRRRRRR! My ex said something similar to me once that put me in tears. We were talking with a friend of ours who's gf was also raped and he(my ex)used a very foul word that my rapist had called my over and over again while he was doing it. I told him how it made me feel bawling my eyes out the whole time and he says, "so you think you're the only one who has ever been raped. I was raped too you know when I was a boy and you don't see me f#$*ing cryin over word." His friend freaked out on him telling him he was out of line and my ex just said he didn't care. He made me feel so small. Never in my life have I ever wanted to hurt someone so bad as I did at that moment.

Gala Guest
    I am sorry that he said those things to you. Rape does something different to males though. He probably was trying to show that it didn't "matter" that he was still "manly".
    But guys don't come down on me... I am just surmising...

I think I know what word you are talking about .... there are some words and some looks that just make my skin crawl. Even the tone of voice can bring up memories.

With Kevin I rarely think about it. But it seems that lots of stuff my ex did got to me. It could have been that they were both the same sign.. Or just that I had not sufficently gotten over the molestation.???
    I don't know.

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast