Hey, I have a question.
First- do you fellow Kemetics and Tamerans follow what is in "The Book of Coming Forth by Day/Book of the Dead" such as the 42 Negative Confessions?
Secondly, how are they to be applied in modern times? Because truefully a lot of them are outdated or cannot possible be stoped.
Here is the list:
1. I have not done inequity.
2. I have not robbed with violence.
3. I have not done violence to any man.
4. I have not committed theft.
5. I have slain neither man nor woman.
6. I have not made light the bushel.
7. I have not acted deceitfully.
8. I have not purloined the things which belong to God.
9. I have not uttered falsehood.
10. I have not carried off goods by force.
11. I have not uttered vile (or evil) words.
12. I have not carried off food by force.
13. I have not acted deceitfully.
14. I have not lost my temper and become angry.
15. I have invaded no man's land.
16. I have not slaughtered animals which are the possessions of God.
17. I have not laid to waste the lands which have been ploughed.
18. I have not pried into matters to make mischief.
19. I have not set my mouth in motion against any man.
20. I have not given way to wrath without due cause.
21. I have not committed fornication, and I have not committed sodomy.
22. I have not polluted myself.
23. I have not lain with the wife of a man.
24. I have not made any man to be afraid.
25. I have not made my speech to burn with anger.
26. I have not made myself deaf unto the words of right and truth.
27. I have not made another person weep.
28. I have not uttered blasphemies.
29. I have not acted with violence.
30. I have not acted without due consideration.
31. I have not pierced my skin and I have not taken vengeance on the god.
32. I have not multiplied my speech beyond what should be said.
33. I have not committed fraud, and I have not looked upon evil.
34. I have never uttered curses against the king.
35. I have not fouled running water.
36. I have not exalted my speech.
37. I have not uttered curses against God.
38. I have not behaved with insolence.
39. I have not been guilty of favoritism.
40. I have not increased my wealth except by means of such things as my own possessions.
41. I have not uttered curses against that which belongeth to God and is with me.
42. I have not thought scorn of the god or the city.
If this is what which we get judged by, they I am guilty of many. I have spoken in anger and such without cause and with...I have sole (when I was really young and not thinking right) and I have lied and been decietful (everyone has)...so I think nowdays these things are not really appliable and are unaviodable.
And also- number 21 (I have not committed fornication, and I have not committed sodomy.) I have seen a translation which says "homosexuality"...I think this sounldn't be considered negative...I mean, I believe everyone has a choice, and its not negative or a sin...its just who they are.
I know Kemetic Orthodox follows a lot of what is in the Book, I dont know if they follow this , or if modern Kemetics do (along with the Afterlife beliefs)...if if they do- what is one to do about these?