Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Resources - Free Online Spiritual & Occult Books

Resources - Free Online Spiritual & Occult Books

I think it would be extremely useful to have a list of resources that are freely available online. You will find given some work you can find a huge wealth of information and books online rather then shelling out a lot of money for knowledge.

Please list links for free quality spiritual and occult related PDFs, Palm Reader books, Microsoft Reader books, content-rich essays, sacred texts, and links to journals, magazines, and newsletters that are freely available online. Include a name, URL, and description or list of some topics covered.

I'll edit this post as more links get added to put all the links right in this post in the same format so it's easy to use.

BuddhaNet's Ebook Library - basic buddhism, meditation, history, art, teachings

A Buddhist Hall - some buddhist books available online and in PDF format for download

Chaos Magick Files - wide selection of articles discussing chaos magic - what it is, techniques, gnosis, Austin Osman Spare, necronomicon, Carrol, Hine, TOPY, Frater U.D., discordianism, etc.

Gnostic Society Library - Nag Hammadi Library, Manichaean writings, Mandaean texts, Cathar texts, Corpus Hermeticum, anti-Gnostic writings, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Bible, Classic Gnostic scriptures and fragments, etc.

The Hermetic Library - enochia, Crowley, Hakim Bey, Sam Webster, Austin Osman Spare, golden dawn, thelema, tarot, qabalah, Sepher Yetzirah, Emerald Tablet of Hermes, Corpus Hermeticum, Chaldean Oracles, Plato, etc.

Hermetic Library of Magical & Mystical Ebooks - a wide array of cultures and mythologies, hermeticism, qabalah, theosophy, alchemy, solomonic grimoires, tarot, the abramelin books, etc. Works are available by many authors including Eliphas Levi, Cornelius Agrippa, WW Westcott, Mathers, John Dee, Dion Fortune, Crowley, Israel Regardie, Austin Osman Spare, and many more.

Journal of Religion and Society - cross-disciplinary online journal promoting the study of all religious groups and beliefs. Currently being published.

Necronomi.com - chaos, hermeticism, paganism, satanism, etc.

Occultopedia - an occult encyclopedia that covers alchemy, astrology, numerology, demons, legends, secret societies, psychic powers, paranormal phenomena, and much more.

Sacred Texts - huge resource of sacred texts covering a wide array of spiritual, occult, and paranormal topics including alchemy, atlantis, buddhism, christianity, wicca, occultism, enochia, shamanism, ufos, women, many cultures and mythologies, etc.
    Last edited by Rain Gnosis; June 4th, 2004 at 04:18 PM.

Twilit Grotto -- Esoteric Archives: An extensive collection of grimoires and magickal texts, mostly in HTML page format. Covers John Dee, Agrippa, many classic texts.

About.com's Alternative Religions Library: A collection of texts covering divination, Freemasonry, Golden Dawn, Hermeticism, ritual magick, and lots more. (Many of these texts are also found in the other links already provided.)

Blavatsky.net: This website has a collection of H. P. Blavatsky's writings, as well as other Theosophical texts, most in HTML but some in PDF format. Check the "original text" links in their menu at the left of the screen. Blavatsky's most famous work was "The Secret Doctrine."

The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn's archives: Some interesting documents relevant to the Golden Dawn, in particular some letters written by Dion Fortune and Israel Regardie among other things. Unfortunately everything seems to be in HTML format and not ebook or PDF.

Phil Hine's website: Contains PDFs of his longer works, as well as lots of his other stuff on chaos magick and magick in general.

Ben Gruagach
    MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
    author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
    visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

Gateways to Babylon: An excellent collection of essays about ancient Mesopotamian myth, history, and culture. Pretty much all HTML.

Encylopedia Mythica: A searchable online encyclopedia of mythology. (Needless to say, it's all HTML.)

Biblioteca Arcana: Lots of great essays on classical (Greek, Roman) Paganism. HTML format.

Isaac Bonewits' website: Click on the link for his Table of Contents/ Site Map to jump to a link list of his excellent essays on modern Paganism, in particular ADF (the Druid group he helped found), Wicca, and also his excellent Cult Danger checklist. HTML format.

Mike Nichols' website: Lots of great essays, in particular his often-recommended ones on the Wiccan sabbats. HTML format.

A Bardon Companion: A great website with lots of essays about the occult writings of Franz Bardon, a ritual magickian who is often compared to Aleister Crowley in his importance. HTML format.

Ben Gruagach
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

Thanks so much!

Thank you both for sharing these links....

The internet is wonderful but sometimes there is so much information! Its nice to have someone share the links that they have found helpful!

Blessings!
    To sleep, perchance to dream

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Gnosis
    I think it would be extremely useful to have a list of resources that are freely available online. You will find given some work you can find a huge wealth of information and books online rather then shelling out a lot of money for knowledge.
    The links are great, and contain some very interesting texts that are hard to find because they are out-of-print or unavailable limited editions. Books that are in "public domain" can be downloaded without any violation of law or ethics since they cannot be copyrighted any longer. Generally speaking, in the U.S., a book goes into public domain 75 years following the death of the author (however, there are exceptions).

Here is a link to a list of books that are in public domain for the most part, but please note that a few are not:

http://www.ebooks4free.net/esoall.htm

The list includes old grimoires, occult works, hermetic texts, and metaphysical philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Gnosis
    Hermetic Library of Magical & Mystical Ebooks - a wide array of cultures and mythologies, hermeticism, qabalah, theosophy, alchemy, solomonic grimoires, tarot, the abramelin books, etc. Works are available by many authors including Eliphas Levi, Cornelius Agrippa, WW Westcott, Mathers, John Dee, Dion Fortune, Crowley, Israel Regardie, Austin Osman Spare, and many more.
    I noted that this link has a book by Paul Huson, and one by Amber K. These are written by living authors and are still in print, and therefore are under legal copyright. Please consider that obtaining these books for free robs the author of his or her due as the writer (which is illegal and unethical).

Best regards - Raven
    Last edited by raven grimassi; March 17th, 2005 at 11:15 PM.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy...(from Hamlet).

is offline Eclectic Pagan of a solitary nature
    thanks for that link, Raven. Authors do deserve to be paid for their work
    Thanks Faeawyn, Sennefer, Noriohtle and Kern

Free Book of Shadows
    It's a CD rom and all you have to pay is the $5 S&H charge.
    I ordered one, it took a little long to get here, but it's pretty neat. It has over 700 pages of information and spells and 14 full length books. It also comes with screen savers and other nifty things.

They also have:
    Ancient Secrets from Ascended Masters CD-ROM
    Develop Your Psychic & Occult Powers CD-ROM
    Sex Magick & The Complete Illustrated Kama Sutra CD-ROM
    Herbal Encyclopedia CD-ROM
    Complete Course in Hypnosis CD-ROM
    NSA Declassified CD-ROM

All for just S&H cost.
    /
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" -Albert Einstein
    Campaign to bring back Futurama

I thought I'd bump this thread (even though it is a sticky one too) and add this direct link to the MysticWicks link collection specifically to the Literature section.

There are a lot of good websites listed there with free material to read. And there are also links to homepages for specific authors. Support our community's authors by buying their books!

Ben Gruagach
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

Erp is it just me or is that link broken?

Quote Originally Posted by RainInanna
    Erp is it just me or is that link broken?
    The links database does seem to be down at the moment. I expect it's due to the board changes we've had recently.

Mol likely has it on his list of things to fix. In the meantime the links in this thread (as well as in other messages on the board) will have to tide you over.

If there's something specific you're looking for post a request here and I'll see what I can find for you.

Ben Gruagach
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast