Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what dose the pentacle stand for and mean

Quote Originally Posted by Incendia
    My goodness, this is quite the resurrected thread! I believe that it's green for the North, yellow for East, red for South and blue for the West. I could be wrong though...
    This is true of the colors that represent the elements also.

In these instances, Spirit is usually represented by white, and placed in the middle of the four other elements.
    Ancora Imparo

is offline I want to know what you really mean...
    thanks guys.....i needed the colors, and where they're arranged, cause i'm drawing a tattoo i hope to get, and i needed to figure out if because of the color layout, when the colors blend, if they would make brown.....i guess ill find out...thanks again!
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europe vincendarum.

Like my avatar? Check out www.prguitarman.com

Some people distinguish between pentagrams and pentacles not by whether there is a circle or not, but whether we're talking about a picture (gram means drawing -- as in diagram) or a physical object.

A pentagram is a five-pointed star (actually any five-cornered or five-sided thing) that is drawn.

A pentacle is something you can hold in your hand or touch and usually has a five-pointed or five-sided something (usually a star) drawn on it.

Ben Gruagach
    MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
    author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
    visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

A pentacle to mean is the symbol of the witch or Pagan. It is the five elements at each point, and a human being. The head being the top, two arms then two legs, showing we all are sacred and part of the sacred universe. The circle meaning eternity, or eternal, meaning, to me, that its forever lasting.

A pentagram was taught to me as the symbol for Satanism, the upside down star with no circle. But now I disagree with this. I think that the pentagram is the star, rather than a symbol of Satanism. Also, I think the upside down pentagram or pentacle means merely "energy sent downward" rather than Satanism.

I hope I helped a little by sharing my views.

bright blessings,
    Autumn
    Our bible is the Wind and the Rain

Love, light, peace, & blessings to all

OPEN FOR READINGS NOW!Get Your Readings Here!

It seems that the symbol has been used every where in alot of cultures. The Freemasons use the symbol, the call it the Eastern Star.

Yes, many cultures and religions have used the pentacle/pentagram at times. Even Christianity once used it to represent the five wounds of Christ.

this is imo one of those things that can't be simply stated in data of north
    means this,and south means that,and the circle means this type of comment.
    learn the very basis of the directions north,south,east,west,and the elements
    that correspond with them,earth,fire,air and water,and explore it for yourself.

A great article on the Pentagram. - The where's and whyfor's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

At some point I said that life should be more like, robocop riding a unicorn that happens to be defecating rainbows...

Well life just got a little bit better.

"Take a picture of an electron in one instant and again the next, it will have seen Andromeda, do the same for me, and I will have taken the same trip."

I continue to battle my word processor in hopes of producing something useful...

Forum Guide in New Pagans
    Don't forget to Adopt your n00bie!

I have been by Bear Dancing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2