Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Lesson #2 The Sun in the Houses

Ok. So My little Aquarian Sun sits in pie slice #3. Um I suck at houses. It seems the majority of stuff is in slice 3. So that's the house of learning, being the student and such. I got that but I'm not sure how to meld the too. Isn't Aquarius naturally a sign that wants to learn anyways? Does this mean I like to learn more than most. Um... and why do my communication skills suck, if everything is in this house. lol. My own little side issue.
    It's Not the Night, but the Twilight that I Love

ékam sád víprā bahudhā vadanti

¤´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤.SylverStar'...¤

Quote Originally Posted by arienh
    Okay (I think) my sun is in the 8th house, which is the house of sex, death and regeneration. I'm not too sure what this means - sounds interesting though :hehehehe:
    LOL! Mine is too, so you're not alone.

Seeking comfort for the concrete blisters on my soul.

It's not what you believe that matters, but simply that you do believe.

Meet , the official smilie of a Tigger lovin' {Tigress}!

Quote Originally Posted by {Selene}
    Wohoo!! Go team us!!
    Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that - Michael Leunig

I believe my sun is in the 1st house, but don't understand what that means.

Thanks Kadynas =) ... *waits patiently for more info*
    S M

"It's not what you think it is. And neither is it otherwise." - Zen Saying
    I had fun making these:

Quote Originally Posted by arienh
    Okay (I think) my sun is in the 8th house, which is the house of sex, death and regeneration. I'm not too sure what this means - sounds interesting though :hehehehe:
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Well for both of you, here we go... :D (Who knows, maybe Aurin will come around and catalog these too! )

Sun in the 8th House:
    You have deep insights and most likely love a good mystery... And for you, anything can be a mystery: one of the driving forces in your life, whatever sign your Sun may be, is to explore things deeply, to go beneath the surface. As this house is the house of transformation, change tends to start with yourself... you're big on self-improvement, even if you don't use that term to describe it. Your Sun here tends to make you want to be the best self you can, to explore your talents and put them to good use. You may have a particular fascination with the metaphysical subjects or with the "paranormal"... the whole topic of life after death is exciting to you, because your strong intuition tends to assure you that even death is just one more transformation. This house is also the house of sex, but as with all things in the 8th, superficial will not do: you prefer sex to be a deep bonding experience, not only for physical pleasure but for the meeting of souls. There is a part of another that can only be seen in this way and this is what you're after. You seek to understand the mysteries of life, death & beyond.
    "The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."

Quote Originally Posted by Aurin
    Thanks Kadynas =) ... *waits patiently for more info*
    Yours is in the 3rd house and so was someone on the last page, so here we go...

Sun in the 3rd House:
    Your Sun tends to shine best through your intellect... you're proud of your mental abilities and like to accumulate knowledge. Knowing /everything/ about a particular topic isn't as important to you as being "up-to-date" and "in the know". You like to know a lot about everything, which can sometimes lead to being the proverbial "jack of all trades and master of none". It's just that so many things catch your interest that you have a hard time choosing what area to go into depth with. You probably have a way with words, and a knack for explaining things in a way others will understand easily. You tend to have a good relationship with your siblings and/or cousins, and they probably consider you to be friendly and generous. You may be the cheerful one who trys to get everyone to "lighten up". Meeting new people is something you enjoy, and even with you disagree with someone's views you're willing to debate with them just for the fun of it. A 3rd house Sun tends to separate the ideas from the person holding them, you will rarely dislike someone just for disagreeing with you. Communication is key for you: a 3rd house Sun needs to share their knowledge with others and pick up more information in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriciaj
    I believe my sun is in the 1st house, but don't understand what that means.
    Okay.

Sun in the 1st House:
    Your Sun is dealing with identity issues... you need to "find yourself" and discover who you really are and what really lights you up. You either decide fairly early in life who and what you want to be, or it may be something that takes most of your life to discover. At any rate you probably have a strong will, and even if you're unsure of your life's path, you tend to believe there is a special purpose or destiny awaiting you. You can be quite independent and 1st house Suns often have great leadership ability; your ability to inspire others is a strong point for you. There's an underlying sense of optimism to your personality... even if you become depressed, you will tend to come out of it quite quickly. Deep down you always know things will get better eventually, and you understand the importance of having a positive attitude. You enjoy the attention of others, and you very much want to "be somebody", not necessarily in a status sort of way, but you want to be admired. You have a need to express yourself, and whether this comes easily to you or not, it is something your Sun is helping you to learn. With a first house Sun, you're very much "what you see is what you get"... this is /generally/ (not always ) because the Sun is the same sign as the Ascendant, so the face you show the world tends to be very similar to your actual inner personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbrium
    Not at all. This has been great fun and is extremely insightful.
    Thanks! You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your own interpretation, but I'll still give one for anyone else who has a 9th house Sun.

Sun in the 9th House:
    In the house of mental exploration, you may find you have an interest in the "deep thoughts" of life, those questions that have no concrete answers. Not so much secrets & mysteries as the 8th house was, but more "meaning of life type stuff" to quote my favorite StarGate SG-1 character. Religion and spirituality intrigue you, as you search for ways to bring /meaning/ to life. It's not enough for you to know a bunch of stuff, you need to know what it all means, and where it places you in the bigger picture. Philosophy is a fascinating area for you, and you like to explore new areas of thought and take your mind in new and bigger directions... You like things that make you think; for you it's the questions and searching that are the most important part, not necessarily the final conclusion. You search for the truth and then find ways to express it through your daily life and practices, whatever path you walk you are probably very devoted to it in some way. You have high ideals and genuinely want the best for everyone. Travel can be enlightening for you, especially to foreign countries and cultures, as you like to discover what makes people tick and be exposed to different ways of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadynas
    Yours is in the 3rd house and so was someone on the last page, so here we go...

Sun in the 3rd House:
    Your Sun tends to shine best through your intellect... you're proud of your mental abilities and like to accumulate knowledge. Knowing /everything/ about a particular topic isn't as important to you as being "up-to-date" and "in the know". You like to know a lot about everything, which can sometimes lead to being the proverbial "jack of all trades and master of none". It's just that so many things catch your interest that you have a hard time choosing what area to go into depth with. You probably have a way with words, and a knack for explaining things in a way others will understand easily. You tend to have a good relationship with your siblings and/or cousins, and they probably consider you to be friendly and generous. You may be the cheerful one who trys to get everyone to "lighten up". Meeting new people is something you enjoy, and even with you disagree with someone's views you're willing to debate with them just for the fun of it. A 3rd house Sun tends to separate the ideas from the person holding them, you will rarely dislike someone just for disagreeing with you. Communication is key for you: a 3rd house Sun needs to share their knowledge with others and pick up more information in the process.
    Well that's dead on. Though I've really come to loathe the term jack-of-all-trades. I hate being able to d everything good, but not being great at anything. blah. But I lose intrest quickly. The only thing is the a little off, is te being able to communicate easily. I mean I talk a tremendous amount. But half of the time no one really understand what I'm saying. I seem to always understand what others are saying though. *sigh* Kadynas, your awesome.
    It's Not the Night, but the Twilight that I Love

ékam sád víprā bahudhā vadanti

¤´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤.SylverStar'...¤

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast