Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone attended Sacred Mists?

No worries, dude. I'm moving on. Of course, I still answer inquiries via e-mail, but I hope there won't be a lot more stuff on websites. I've already said what needed to be said.

It was really annoying. I'd get told to let go and then have to answer a page full of questions. There are still a lot of questions left over at the Juvenall site, but they all 1) have been answered, but the people who asked haven't noticed, 2) contain obvious logical fallacies or 3) can be answered be clicking twice to get to the qualifications page on my website.

Carrillo's "unpology" was interesting. I've never before seen an apology that's entirely for someone else's actions. But she's good at putting words in others' mouths. It's also the first time I've seen her decline to use her (admittedly unearned) titles. I was kind of proud that she was moving slightly in the direction of humility. I think she's realized she could have learned a lot from me that she'll never know now.

As for taking the site down, it'll never happen. You can't believe how much money is behind that program. But I have helped a lot of people, which makes all the annoying time I had to spend last week worth it. And I love the poem that came from the experience.

Thanks for your concern. Hearing from someone who understands the difference between debate and flaming means more to me than hearing from half-a-dozen people who just don't get it.
    Blessings,
    P. Rex

My website: http://www.bookofspirals.com
    My blog: http://www.bookofspirals.com/blog
    An ezine I co-founded: http://spiraltree.weebly.com

Wow. You know, I have so many better things to do than post about Sacred Mists. And it always seems that, when I get the busiest, the Misters shove themselves back into my life.

They were using an old endorsement of mine against FTC rules. So I asked them to take it down. Lilyth, a Sacred Mists representative, told me that they'd only do the legal thing and take the endorsement down if I struck a deal with them saying I wouldn't post any more about the Mists. Which just tells me that they have something to hide. So I went to the BBB with my complaint. Here's the response I got:

On June 02, 2009, the business provided the following information:
    Contact Name and Title: Lorien Carrillo,President
    Contact Phone: 707-255-8005
    Contact Email: raven@workingwitches.com
    To whom it may concern,
    The testimonial of our program that Mr. Hill wrote of his own accord and provided us with permission to use was removed from our website on 5/14/2009, which was the very date on which we received his first and only request to do so. This is something he is well aware of.
    His statement made within this claim of his being threatened by our council members is another far reaching, untrue and libelous statement. Mr. Hill's continuing libel and defamation is on record through various online websites, all of which are currently under review by our lawyer in Napa, CA. This current complaint will be forwarded to his law office, as well.
    To reiterate, Mr. Hill's testimonial is not on our website and was removed immediately upon my receipt of his request that he sent directly to one of my staff members, rather than the company itself, on May 14, 2009. This appears to be one day prior to his issuing this complaint through the BBB.
    I would like to state in closing that while Mr. Hill left our program due to a series of unfortunate disciplinary actions, we do wish him well and hope that can move forward without continuing his attempts to inflict harm on our business nor the persons who work within it.
    I want to thank you for your time and assistance with this matter and hope that this response is sufficient to close the complaint as resolved. We appreciate the opportunity to share our experience with this former student and our thoughts on the issue at hand.
    Should you require additional information at any time, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We are more than happy to assist.
    Many kind regards,
    - Sacred Mists

There is one obvious lie here (and who knows how many other hidden lies). If the endorsement was removed on the 14th of May, why did Lilyth try to strike a deal to silence me on the 15th? Yep - that's the date on Lilyth's letter; as I understand it, even the rich and powerful can't change space-time to suit their needs.

So I'm here to let people know what's going on. You can't even register a legitimate complaint when these people use your words without permission (and in clear defiance of FTC regulations). Most people would just say, "Sorry we left your testimonial up. We'll remove it right away." But not vindictive Lorien Carrillo. She has to threaten to get the law involved even though it's clearly she and her organization who are acting immorally and illegally.

And what is this disciplinary action she mentions? When I was at the Mists, there wasn't even a set of guidelines for behavior (although Lorien had appointed a secret coven member to keep a "bad behavior" file on me and others - I just never knew what was in it).

So come on, Lorien. Send me a subpoena so we can have our day in court or stop the harassment and leave me alone. I will keep people informed of the unethical things you do as long as I'm able, but I'm tired of it. Let's get this over with and move on with our lives.
    Blessings,
    P. Rex

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hill View Post
    No worries, dude. I'm moving on.
    surrrreeeee you are...I mean we can allll see that....all over the internet we can see you are moving on dude.

Hello PaganWitch,

I appreciate your posts, despite the sarcasm. Are you sure you are posting of your own initiative? I myself noticed Ms. Carrillo's Manson-like charm when I was at the Mists. I would hate to think you are just doing her bidding without thinking about why. As neo-pagans, I think we need to turn to our guides and gods before we turn to people - especially if those people run organizations that perpetrate crimes and commit themselves to immorality.

You seem to think I have no right to discuss the crimes and campaigns of which I was victim. Why is that? Do you feel Sacred Mists is above the law?

I would really like to know why you feel the way you do. Please feel free to share. Don't worry - you haven't, and won't, hurt my feelings.
    Blessings,
    P. Rex

admin

Admin Mode

Enough drama. Save it for some other forum and give others a chance to provide input on the original topic.

Faith is easy -- until the moment you actually need it.

"Since when are facts subjective?" - Athena_Nadine

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all convictions, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

– W.B. Yeats, "The Second Coming"

Thank you to the Admin

I am new here and when I stumbling across this thread I was afraid Mystic Wycks was one of those places that allow what they call witch wars. I am happy to know that MW does not allow flaming particularly against those who can't defend themselves against accusions. Blessed be to all and I am sorry Scott had a bad experience but probably it is time to move forward. I hope it's ok that I said this I don't want to make anyone mad.
    Last edited by Titania; June 7th, 2009 at 11:57 AM.
    Whene'er your lovely eyes you close,
    The fairies all may seek repose,
    And softly slumber night away,
    Till you, awaking, bring them day.

So, if you're wearied with my lay,
    Titania, put an end to day;
    And, when you'd rather slumb'ring be,
    Pray to go to bed and dream of me.

Allan, Peter John (1825-184

I've had my own issues with Scared Mists. I won't go into detail since that will probably just dig up memories I could do without. I will say though that because of that site I found my way here. So in that regard I'd actually have to thank Scared Mists for being a stumbling block.

I sincerely hope that others won't have the problems and find their way here on a much shorter path than I did.
    What We have fought and bled for will never be lost to us.

I have no experience with Sacred Mists but I have read this thread and the corresponding thread at the Juvenall Wilson site with interest.

I wonder if those who are happy at Sacred Mists stay at Sacred Mists, and therefore are not found at other forums on a regular basis.

On the other hand, of those who have left Sacred Mists, we might assume that for one reason or another, Sacred Mists was not the right place for them.

My point being, while I agree that this is a valid discussion thread, I am not so sure that it can be unbiased because of the circumstances. Those who have left Sacred Mists certainly have the right to discuss why they did so, but if you take a group of people who have left Sacred Mists and put them on one side of the room and take another group of people who are currently attending Sacred Mists and put them on the other side of the room, and then ask them what they thought about their experience, percentage-wise you will get more negative answers from those people who are no longer with Sacred Mists and more positive answers from those who are still attending.

No school is perfect and no school is going to be right for everybody.

My suggestion is to take all opinions with a grain of salt and then do the research yourself before you make a decision. Trust yourself and your gut feelings. You won't go wrong

Blessed be to all,

SG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]“There is no art in turning a goddess into a witch, a virgin into a whore, but the opposite operation, to give dignity to what has been scorned, to make the degraded desirable, that calls for art or for character.”

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

is offline used to roll my eyes at people like me
    Exactly right, SG. We all have a responsibility to be involved, to think for ourselves, to ask questions, and to gather information from all sources, both positive and negative, in order to make our own determination. Each school or website has something to offer; but we need to ask questions, to decide for ourselves what is important to us and what is not important to us in order to find a place that works for us. Our experiences, whether good or bad, positive or negative, are in part determined by our choices.

As Wiccans, we believe that Goddess and God come to each of us in an individual way, and we believe that what is right for Sparkles is not necessarily right for SpiralGoddess. Thus, Sparkles can share her experiences with others, as can SpiralGoddess, but neither has the right to find issues with the choices of the other. Especially when it comes to spiritual matters.

*grin* Hope you don't mind my using you in my example, SG.
    Last edited by Sparkles; June 10th, 2009 at 09:55 PM.

Exactly right SG!
    Not every place is right for everyone. My advice is to check it out for yourself if you wish to, if you don't that's ok too.
    My reasons for leaving was that mundane was not allowing me the time for my studies so why pay $20. a month when I couldn't get out of it the whole package. I didn't have time to visit the boards or attend study halls or rituals so I left until mundane life slows down. Now that things seem to be calming down I am thinking of signing back up at Sacred Mists at the end of this month, hopefully in time for Litha celebrations. Yay!
    Reminds me I need to call Lady Raven about returning to my 2nd degree studies there.
    And I think you are also right that many that attend Sacred Mists don't find themselves needing to go anywhere else for their studies so you won't see them all over the net attending other schools. But I do know of some that do take part in other schools/ discussion forums. There is just so much to see and do there that it does not leave a lot of time LOL
    I've also heard it's grown quite a lot in the time I've been away and the new Historical Paganism Course they just started offering sounds right up my alley so I may check that out.
    PW

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast