Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seers

Seers

I'm looking for a little info on seers. I have no idea if it's a separate path, or what. I have heard the term and always just assumed it meant someone who has visions or detailed premonitions or such. But recently I had a friend tell me he doesn't think I'm a witch, he thinks I'm a seer, and I'm really not sure what he meant.

Can someone enlighten me....or at least point me in the right direction to do some research on my own?

Thanks!

is offline I'm here just because it annoys you.
    Ok, I don't really think there is a difference between witches and seers. A seer can walk any path, they've just developed their talents in a different way.

Thanks, Aine. That's my opinion on it, too, but I wasn't sure if I was way off or what. My friend is a bit....um....odd....very nice, but kind of different, and though we walk a similar path (he's an eclectic Christian), we disagree on a lot. I didn't feel that being a seer was mutually exclusive of being Christian or a witch.

Any other thoughts?

To me a seer is one that gets visions of the future. I am one and it happens outside of dreams and its not always pleasant and you cant always change it or do anything about it. As for how....it just happens for me, always has.

My question is that if a seer is one that has visions of the future, then what do you call someone who has those who have passed on talking to her? I have always considered her a seer also.
    RedPhoenix

interesting, Shanti.....

I don't get "visions" per se, but I can tell when something's going down....especially at night. I can tell when something's happening to someone close to me--and it's always something BAD! I rarely get feelings that something good is going to happen, but I have really rough nights when I have strange dreams & wake up a lot thinking about a specific person when something's happening. Lately, though, I've begun having "visions" of a sort......I woke up in the middle of the night one night.....very.....like between being awake & asleep, that state where you're sorta conscious & your eyes open when you turn over in bed but you're not really awake.....and I saw a skull. The next morning, my ex called me to say his grandfather was in the hospital dying.

But other than that, the only actual visions I have had are the one mirror excercise in NH's class, and I DID see something there......

but....my friend seemed to think that I'm not really a "witch", but RATHER a seer, like I can't be both.....

very interesting....I hope we get some more discussion here.....

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
    My question is that if a seer is one that has visions of the future, then what do you call someone who has those who have passed on talking to her? I have always considered her a seer also.
    good question. I've had my BF/SO's relatives who have passed beyond the veil come to visit me. I don't see them, but I feel their presence & know beyond a shadow of a doubt who they are. So, what do you call somebody who has these things happen?

Talking to some one who is passed, I thought was a medium. If I understood you right and my perspectives are not everones of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti
    Talking to some one who is passed, I thought was a medium. If I understood you right and my perspectives are not everones of course.
    yes, I've heard that, too, but usually in connection with somebody who channels or actually speaks with the dead, so that answers part of it. Would you still call somebody like me, who doesn't get messages or speak to the dead but just senses their presence a medium? Or am I just an untrained medium who hasn't got it together yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti
    Good point. I think that is what I have heard others in the past call it. I do know that she does call herself a witch though. I guess this is just a way that she has connected with her path.
    RedPhoenix

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast