Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drawing Down the Moon

Drawing Down the Moon

Looking for information on this. Any pointers would be good. Thanks!

(PS ~ that would be the RITE, not the book)

Mari
    ~ Blonde Gwyddon behind keyboard~
    Last edited by Mairwen; August 16th, 2001 at 12:14 PM.
    "This is Harlan ... you never know who or what could be reaching back."

What kind of information are you looking for?

Found this on the net, it is just about the ritual itself though, and nothing more....

http://www.spiritonline.com/files/me...html?964902407
    ~ As above, so below ~

I need to know what happens when this is done, and what it's done for ~ and also, what occasion calls for this to occur.

You can use it for any occassion wherein you want to draw extra energy from the Goddess, especially feminine related stuff (ie. helping someone get pregnant, helping someone who has reproductive problems, even punishing a rapist).... Sometimes it's done just for the joy of invoking Goddess into the ritual in a special way.

Now I'm even more confused. Wouldn't just raising group energies in the circle/sacred space do the same thing? Wouldn't doing it "for the fun of it" be a waste of energy??

Mari
    the totally lost

Originally posted by Mairwen
    Now I'm even more confused. Wouldn't just raising group energies in the circle/sacred space do the same thing? Wouldn't doing it "for the fun of it" be a waste of energy??
    Ok consider "doing it for the fun of it" similar to doing it to bless all the people present and to bring joy. Some people do it "for fun" as well to have the Goddess present in the area to talk to or learn from. Raising group energies is good too, drawing down the moon is different tho. You can perform a ritual to symbolize the unity of male and female, the Great Rite is just one way of doing that. Like the Great Rite, this ritual is just a different way of doing things...
    Last edited by Myst; August 16th, 2001 at 03:43 PM.

I'd say there is a difference from raising energy to drawing down the moon, when you are drawing down the moon the High priestess becomes the goddess, she incarnates in her during the ritual.... and that to me is not the same thing as raising energy.

BB
    ~ As above, so below ~

I didn't mean it was for "raising energy", I referred to it as "drawing extra energy from the Goddess", meaning asking the Goddess to be present to add energy to a working. This energy can be used for a purpose or to bless people. By "doing it for fun" I mean some people do it for the fun of having the Goddess present - to talk to her, learn from her, or just experience his presence.

Does that make more sense
    Last edited by Myst; August 16th, 2001 at 03:44 PM.

Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to, I just wanted to point out that in this ritual the high priestess becomes the goddess. And that _that_ is what is sort of unique for this ritual IMHO.

And sure one can definitly do it "just for fun" or for other purposes like blessing etc as you mentioned.

Blessings
    ~ As above, so below ~

Originally posted by Emy
    Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to, I just wanted to point out that in this ritual the high priestess becomes the goddess. And that _that_ is what is sort of unique for this ritual IMHO.

And sure one can definitly do it "just for fun" or for other purposes like blessing etc as you mentioned.

Blessings
    No offence taken at all I promise, and you're absolutely right I was trying to say that it was just one way of doing it, and you were explaining why it's a unique way...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast