Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: human cloning?what do u think?

Originally posted by SpikesPet5150
    But, I'm still going to say, "Big Fat No." to the subject of cloning humans.. there's no need for it.. we have no problem reproducing.
    ~Bree
    I completely agree with you on that....there is no need to clone humans, but you know that if they can do it, they will do it...

Shadow
    :cool:Lady Shadow Stalker:cool:
    <FOM of the FFAF.>
    <Member of the Witchcraft Study Group For Australian Witches.>:D

Lightbulb Dont forget,

Cloning will happen until people realize the indgrediants. Especially when cloning organs and such. You need the undesignated cells and their is only one source. It would be scary to make a market for those types of fetus cells. The Catholic Church will vehemently oppose this. As will most of the American government, unless they can make money, and then look out.

If you were the one who needed the organ you might have a different opinion. As most of those who need organs will. Their would be no need for anti-rejection drugs.
    ~Sweet Merciful Crap!~
    Freyja is my Valentine, sweeter than the sweetest wine.
    my adopted smilies

It is not that which is on the outside, but that witch is on the inside!
    T.L.F. Trey Liberation Front!
    flar7 "The Wrong One"

A good point was just brought to my attention..

My husband just got home with a good point.

"That to beleive in resurrection, and to assume that the resurrected soul has come from earth alone, is niave.

"The universe is made up of billions ect, of planets, full of life, that we, perhaps cant perceive, but that are therenone the less. So even though these clones are replicars there sands to reason that there is a ressoviour of waiting souls to be reincarnated, and that the process will then speed up with the creation of these clones.

"They may not be born in the natural way, but they are born nonetheless, and if you dont class them as being born, then what of the IVF (test tube babies)? The process was questioned when it first came out, and though different to cloning, has the same controversy that surrounds cloning today."

So I put it down for you to discuss..

Blessings
    Shadow
    <FOM of the FFAF.>

It seems that the Catholic Church is against many things, but it is always over-ridden.....
    :o

It is loosing face, and loosing power.....which is not always a good thing, I mean without something to say.."hang on I think that is wrong..".......who's to stop the human race from doing a major booboo?

LOL

:D

Blessings
    Shadow
    <FOM of the FFAF.>

Cloning a human being seems to be completely unnecessary. But it might be well to have the technology for some future threat to the human race such as a terrible plague that truely decimated the population of the world, and the only way to purpetuate humanity was to clone whichever humans seemed to be most immune to the disease. But ... wow, what a -way out- reason.

Cloning non-humans? : Obviously, saving some endangered species of animals is a good use. And maybe resurrecting some species ala Jurassic Park (nevermind...... I'm sure T-Rex will just taste like chicken anyway).

I think genetic engineering is the bigger issue right now. Cloning things is kind of like pulling rabbits out of a hat at a sideshow... kind of like

"step right up and see the cloned sheep" ....

..... Oh, jolly nice sheep you got there... Now what?

-laughing at my own jokes, definitely not a good sign-
    -Jesse-
    --I know that I am, and thats about all I can say for sure-- my own saying.

"And I feel like a newborn" --Filter.

Cloning is a scary issue. For good or ill as it has been said, if it is possible to be done( or attempted) then someone is going to find a way to try. Currently scientist are moving cloning projects outside the US in order to get away from governmental complications with the research.

I personally see both sides of the cloning issue and it is a tough one to come to grips with. On one hand I don't like that as this technology grows it will cause a huge market for fetus. Will abourtion clinics start selling the unborn to businesses and researchers, and will that cause some to use pregnacny and a money tool. I am including the parents in this scheme with the businesses.

I am of the opinion that upon conception, and possibly before, that the embryo constitutes a living being/entity. There lies my problem with the situation. I don't think of the embryo as just tissue like a piece of fruit or livestock to be harvested to our own needs. We would be harvesting humans( or human tissue).

On the other hand there are those that could definately benifit from such technologies and genetics and cloning. My best friend is one such case. I love him dearly and always keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

The cloning technology itself has a ways to go. Yes there have been few successful clonings of animals. These survivors are a rare expection. Most attempts have so many bad mutations that they do not survive long even if they were viable in the beginning. Then there is the fact that even the survivors have many complications do to gentitic mutations during the cloning proccess.

I'll shut up now as this has been to long a post already.
    Here Smilie, smilie, smilie.....

I believe that I have been misunderstood..... Many seem to think that I have hunted Smilies with violent intent, while I was only hunting for a Smilie friend of my own.

Now I have found to brighten my day!!!

Hmmm

a scary thought. IN a few decades, you might be able to have a baby by giving a blood sample to your doctor for you and your hubby. *shudder*
    Hello....
    Goodbye....

"Ben... but you can call me man-nurse. Everybody else here does."
    "Cordelia, your mouth is open and sound is coming from it. This is never good."

"Why couldn't Xander be possessed by a puppy or, or some ducks?"

"Well, all those guys get and F in willow."
    "But I want Oz to get an A, and, oh, a little gold star."
    - From Buffy.

Me(me)

Earth is already overpopulated! Now they want to make doubles of people ??
    I'm really not sure where I stand on this issue, in some ways I think there might be some advantages to cloning, maybe not people but organs, it could save many lives. You might live longer. But we ARE an overpopulated planet, maybe they should let nature take its coarse.

There are so many "issues" with clonning. Some say "Yes" some say "no." There will probably be a time where human clones are made....but I doubt it will be anytime soon. Who knows what will or can happen ?

Blessings
    Andromeda

6 billion+ is not enough?

I say no to cloning anything. Let's just take care of what we have and stop science for the sake of science.
    Co-Moderator in the History Forum and New Pagans. If anyone needs me while I'm online I can be emailed or instant messaged at KingTigerwallah@aol.com or for Yahoo users - Tigerwallah@Yahoo.com. Isis is my queen. Sekhemet my source of strength.

i'm not happy with cloning, but for most of us its not a life or death topic. How would we feel if our lives or the lives of loved ones DID depended on cloned tissues. And to my knowledge, organs would/are not be cloned individualy, but as part of an organism, in this case humans.

But would it be acceptable to clone ourselves for tissues needed to prolong our lives, or what if cloned tissues could save the life of one of our children? Tough questions.
    Here Smilie, smilie, smilie.....

I believe that I have been misunderstood..... Many seem to think that I have hunted Smilies with violent intent, while I was only hunting for a Smilie friend of my own.

Now I have found to brighten my day!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast