Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 - Lesson 1 - The Basics

Quote Originally Posted by nomadicdragon
    My experience with making the rope was so thoroughly amusing that I had to share it. And also LadyPhoenix said I had to because she was on the phone with me while I was making it and she was laughing at me the whole time.

Step 1. Remembering how to braid. This required some thought since I haven't braided anything ever pretty much. So... with some assistance and laughter from Ms. Phoenix, I was able to start braiding the rope, after tying off one end, cause i don't have a sewing machine and it was the only way we could figure to tie off the ends without having it unravel.

Step 2. Cuss the rope out because it kept getting into knots as I was trying to braid it. The braiding process took about 30 minutes. Mostly because it involved stopping to cuss out the rope, and stopping to undo the knots as they occurred.

Step 3. Tie off the other end.

Step 4. Get the tassels out.

Step 5. untie one end to sew tassels on.

Step 6. Realize that tassels are a bad idea, cause the white rope is unravelling and making its own tassel.

Step 7. Realize untying one end was a bad idea cause the braid is unravelling.

Step 8. Rebraid and reknot said end.

Step 9. Make the unravelled white ends into tassels.

Step 10. Take picture for amusement purposes.

Step 11. Find a friend with a sewing machine to make the next one.

Step 12. Type story up to include picture for everyones amusement.
    That sounds so familiar!!! Only I had my cats going after the hanging pieces, so I was cussing them also!! And my belt looks almost exactly like yours!!!

user formerly known as DixieWitch.
    Me on Facebook

some years i make wish ladders. after finding out what the gift receivers wish for. i make chords three strands of corresponding colors to their wish. 9 objects that represent their wish and its fruition. tie three knots on each object. it could be a whole spice or leaf or nut or stone or feather or whatever. the chord i think was about 18 to 24 inches long. the receivers where instructed to hang it around the center of their home.

now this isnt nearly as long as this chord is going to be.. though i dont have a cat that would decide that its a play toy.. my two youngest however might. ~ cringes slightly~

Today's Mighty Oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground -Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieWitch
    That sounds so familiar!!! Only I had my cats going after the hanging pieces, so I was cussing them also!! And my belt looks almost exactly like yours!!!

I didn't have cats to worry about. But I swear my chihuahua was just sitting there watching me laughing the whole time. :spinnysmi

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." ~Albus Dumbledore

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him? ~Martin Buber

I guess I will have to be the odd one here because I dont have any cord and no cash so I am making mine out of strips of cotton material which I do have!!! Mine is the peasants version!! LOL

ooo.. actually Shanti, I'd love to see that when you get it done

"I met a girl who sang the blues
    and I asked her for some happy news
    She just smiled and turned away.."

‘To dare, To will, To know, To be silent’

Dare to know the truth of yourself and that around you
    Will to push yourself to the limits to know where they are and go beyond them
    Know that which is in your heart and the learn the knowledge that can and is taught to you
    Be silent so that you can hear what you are thinking and so that the answers that you have asked for will be heard.

“Magic Speaks to the subconscious of man through symbols and rituals”

Symbols and Rituals have been a part of man for numerous years. The ability that we have to understand them is all that has changed. ritual and symbols help to channel the thoughts and energies that we are trying to use to achieve our goals. in using our energies we are creating magic even if we are not consious of it.

“There is no part of me that is not of the gods”

we are created of the gods and goddesses and therefore are of them. our minds and bodies are no different from theirs. (o.k. we are corporal most of the time.) I know that I am a child of the gods and goddesses as are we all.

“As above, so below”

literally. what is done in the sky is done in the earth... I tend to think of this as a way to visually connect me or my magic to both that which is above me or on the same plane as me(gods,goddesses, sky, fire) and that which is below me (gods, goddesses, earth and water)

as to meditation it is something that i do on a regular basis. also rebirthing is something that I am very familiar with.

sry for the bad response time I didn't know when this started.

control your thoughts for they will become your words.
    think about your words for they will become your actions
    watch your actions for they will become your deeds
    be thoughtfull of your deeds for they will become your legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti
    I guess I will have to be the odd one here because I dont have any cord and no cash so I am making mine out of strips of cotton material which I do have!!! Mine is the peasants version!! LOL

Thats cool Shati...improvising is cool.

The cord I use now...its made of strips of leather. =)

Quote Originally Posted by californiablackwolf
    sry for the bad response time I didn't know when this started.
    No worries...welcome aboard!

Originally Posted by Shanti
    Your not an odd one I do not have any cord or cash either!!

Ok so here is some summary notes of things I felt last night and discovered RE: LBRP

9. Keeping the arm extended rotate to the north, draw another Banishing Pentagram Earth and Vibrate AGLA (Agla).

For some reason when I printed the notes from lesson one the #9 above had South in stead of North so I was confused…. Now I am not sure why I felt the way I did (it was a good thing though I felt so I am going to redo it tonight and see if I felt the same way.) and now I am disappointed I did not do it right.

Feel this connection…you are standing there…feel a part of the floor/ground…as if momentarily rooted in this spot.

Ok it was weird I felt the connection but I could see the connection, and it made the bottom of my feet feel warm. (weird things happening with my visualisation this year !!)

As for the vibrating of the names I just went into chant mode and it was a nice vibration I felt with each name, but I found le-OLAHM, AUM was just a particular one I liked. Do not know why

Oh yah just a side not I cannot access the audio file!!!

Also I felt right at home with these names,
    11. Before me Raphael
    12. Behind me Gabriel
    13. On my right hand, Michael
    14. On my left hand, Auriel

I was also in chant mode with these, and by the way is that all right to chant these names? It is just instinctively something I do…
    --------

As for the Four-fold breathing I finally figured out after threes of trying it where I was going wrong with it
    Last edited by SilverClaw; September 7th, 2004 at 02:29 PM.

Oh I am excited that I got the attachment file to work and I was pronouncing most of the names correctly And with listening to this I think I answered my chanting question, I still do it a bit different then in that file especially the parts of 11-14!!

Heheheh I just feel very energetic and giggly now

PS I am using Media player and have the alchemy thing on that vibrates according to the sound of the music and voice, and it was really neat to see the fluctuations in the voice !! RE-enforces the whole vibration thing, well at least it does to me
    Last edited by SilverClaw; September 7th, 2004 at 02:48 PM.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast