Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 - Lesson 1 - The Basics

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork_Eros
    Well, I haven't had the time or privacy to try out the LBRP. I have been working with meditations off and on for a while now, but I am enjoying this one immensely. I've had to use Om for my word though, as every other word I tried made me think to define it, and then that sprouted other ideas, and soon I had a mental strawberry patch when the field was supposed to lay fallow.
    Lol.. I know what ya mean.. I had a terrible time with my mind wandering.. but the progress I'm making there is just amazing to me.

I have actually read about the LBRP a year or so before this, and have tried it once, but I am fairly certain I didn't perform it correctly. Not in the least.
    There is a mp3 Toad did of the LBRP that's quite helpful.

The Initiation meditation felt...familiar. Not something exact, just the emotions, the sensations. Almost deja-vu.
    Very cool that. My experience with it was interesting as well.. Look forward to chatting more with you

"I met a girl who sang the blues
    and I asked her for some happy news
    She just smiled and turned away.."

How we doing folks? I haved been fielding a few questions here and there. Anyone have anything? How is the breathing coming for you? Lots of questions on that one. And of course the LBRP. I am interested in how this ritual feels to you. The LBRP will be with us...for like ever. We need to get this one lined out.

Tomorrow I am going to work on responses to the discussion questions. Fair warning. =)

Looking forward to it!!

I am actually still struggling with the two discussion questions.

how I am doing

I am doing well with the breathing. Even the fourfold breathing (at least I am not near passing out after four rounds now ) is going well. I was having a little problem with the LBRP at first. For example I felt like I was standing in my bedroom reading cue cards, not performng a ritual. Also the vibrations were difficult. Thanks to Lon Milo Duquette however, I am doing much better. I referred to his book, The Magick of Thelema and got a broader understanding of the way to vibrate the names. This morning when I got up I experienced the LBRP as I think it should be. I have it memorized now so I am not reading it anymore. I vibrated the names and could 'feel' the presence of the angels. I was shaking when I was done. I am not sure if it was the amount of energy invested or if it was sheer excitement for feeling like I finally accomplished the ritual. If you have yet to feel it, keep working. The feeling is an amazing one!
    Last edited by Gebo; September 10th, 2004 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Kick butt Gebo yeah the first time I did the LBRP, I was shaking like a leaf lol. Question though - did you happen to notice any sort of temperature change? I did.. and Bran noticed some too.. was wondering if anyone else did.

hhhhmmmm....

I did notice a temperature change. I have to admit i didn't mention it because I still am a little perplexed by it. I did not get warmer, I got downright cold. I wasn't aware of it during the LBRP but when I was done I was freezing. I had planned on seeing if it happened again before I mentioned it, but since you asked...

I haven't had a chance yet to do the LBRP. Maybe this weekend sometime.

user formerly known as DixieWitch.
    Me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Gebo
    I did notice a temperature change. I have to admit i didn't mention it because I still am a little perplexed by it. I did not get warmer, I got downright cold. I wasn't aware of it during the LBRP but when I was done I was freezing. I had planned on seeing if it happened again before I mentioned it, but since you asked...
    for me.. it was a very mild temperature change.. rather warm sensation even though the room was definitely cold when i started. what I feel more is pressure on my arms and a calming steady flow of energy if that makes sense.

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." ~Albus Dumbledore

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him? ~Martin Buber

The feeling I got was similar to the feeling that I feel after coming out of a deep yoga pose held for a long time. A little enlightened and a little distant, my body is tingly and light. Although in addition to that awesome feeling I felt like the room was consumed by powerful beings surrounding me. I felt like nothing could touch me at that time. The amazing part was that my concentration was so much better. I was absolutley confident that nothing would interrupt me, not even my needy great dane.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast