Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: sad, sad, misguided people....

sad, sad, misguided people....

http://www.net1plus.com/users/vyrdolak/class.htm

i don't need to say anything more.. just go and read what these people are posting.. it's just... kinda sad.
    VIVA LA CAKE!!!
    i look up at the sky and see only darkness, for even the sun hides from my gaze
    Lucidia For President ! I'm not old enough, and i'm a pagan with tattoos, but if I start a campain now, maybe i'll get 0.01% of the vote by the time i'm 35!!!!

No it's not. It's how those people like to live. If they are happy, who are we to judge that?
    Salut and namaste,
    Mark.

~ To swing on a spiral of our divinity and still be a human.. ~

i'm mainly talking about the ones that are 16

"PLEASE TURN ME INTO A VAMP...IF U R A REAL VAMP PLEASE e-mail me"

i mean sorry, nevermind, i guess there really are undead creatures running around sucking blood.

(i have nothing against spiritual vampiristic practices, I do however, find the concept of mythical undead creatures of the night to be a BIT outrageous)
    VIVA LA CAKE!!!
    Lucidia For President ! I'm not old enough, and i'm a pagan with tattoos, but if I start a campain now, maybe i'll get 0.01% of the vote by the time i'm 35!!!!

my worries about the vampire stuff are these.

A) it is a somewhat antisocial sect. Yes they have a right to live their lives any which way they choose. But it's such an isolating lifestyle..etc....that it would lend itsself to depression. Unfortunately, it is mainly teens who are drawn to this lifestyle...and the teenage years are very fragile. Fraught with MANY other causes of depression, etc. This sort of lifestyle...I don't know...seems to only add to that depression, imo.

B)The actual BLOOD DRINKERS...that is a HUGE cause of concern. If I had a child, and they were into that aspect of vampire life, i'd be worried SICK! How can these people know that eachother are disease and drug free? THey are taking a HUGE risk.
    Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

Forum Guide- History Forum

yeah, thanks for pointing that out danustouch...

i mean... these kids could EASILY get used and manipulated.. forced into a sick form of slavery.. i've seen it before...

NYC Is full of these "vampire" people that SAY they are 1000s of years old and have "powers"

All they are looking for is some confused teenage girl they can trick into bed, and slowly manipulate them into being their donor/slave/etc.

Sure, there are people that drink blood, and live a "vampiric" lifestyle, but they aren't undead, or 1000s of years old.

Anyone can drink blood.

But the last time i checked, blood carried diseases.

And I mean... what 16 year old is gonna worry about getting AIDS when they're about to be made into a REAL vampire!~!!

Role playing is great. Myths are great.

Spirituality is a wonderful thing. If you need to drink blood, or take energy, in order to follow your path, so be it.

But that's not what is going on in most of these frantic requests.

These people are under the impression that there are undead creatures walking around, and that they might just come over for "dinner" and make them into a vampire too.

To me, that's misguided.

And for them, the consequences could be VERY sad.
    VIVA LA CAKE!!!

I fully agree. Numerous times, I've come across individuals (and usually underaged ones, at that)...who claim to be the "Undead"..and say that they drink blood. I can't help but think to myself, how naive that belief is. In this day and age..with all of the diseases that could be spread...I would just so hate for some of these people to come to a realllllly rude awakening about it. You know? And you are right. Many of these young girls who go looking for "Real" vampires become slaves to their.."Teachers"....etc...and all for a promise, which will most assuredly not come true.

The saddest case I know of, involving this behavior..was a young mother I met...she had two children, and a husband. But was unhappy at home. She started meeting people in a goth chatroom, which led her to vampire chats...and now, she's going out on the weekends, to vamp clubs, and imbibing blood. Okay..now that is her personal choice..and her personal life...BUT...what about her two babies? What happens when Mama dies, because mama caught a mysterious disease??? Ugh..that one literally made me furious.
    Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

i mean, don't get me wrong.

some people are VERY responsible about blood bonding/etc

however... some people... espeically young and impressionable people.... aren't so safe... as i've witnessed kids openly drinking each other's blood before

and if you already believe that someone can make you live forever by letting them drink your blood.

then you probably aren't thinking about the possibility that they are lying, or that they could have a disease.
    VIVA LA CAKE!!!

Hey Lucidia!

Could anyone tell what a Vampire is in today's society? Is it a goth type of thing, is it role-playing? Is it a relgious path or magickal path? Do people really drink blood, etc.?
    MystyPines

well a LOT of the people on this board were asking for REAL vamps.. like the undead kind.. the ones that drink blood to maintain their immortality.

I know there are people that drain energy from others, people that drink blood for ritual, or also for energy.

But i don't know of anyone who has escaped death by doing it.

there are lots of role players, and people that like fantasy, and dressing up and putting on fangs and playing a part.

that's GREAT! whatever floats your boat. i've done it, so i'm no one to talk.

but i'm just concerned about people who might be manipulated by people claiming to be immortal.

most people i know, that follow some vampiric lifestyle, refer to themselves as "vampyres" with a Y, to differentiate themselves from the mythical undead ones.
    VIVA LA CAKE!!!

it's a little bit of all, I believe Mysty. Yes..there really ARE people who choose to drink blood, as part of their vampire beliefs. There are clubs specifically desighned for this lifestyle, in the big cities, even.

I don't know too much about their magickal practices, so can't comment on that.

But some of it, I suppose, is about role playing, and is connected with goth, somewhat. I'm sure many people START into it by getting into the vampire RPG games, but..the two aren't mutually exclusive, from what I know.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast