View Poll Results: Gemstones for Engagement/ Wedding/ Handfasting Rings?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diamond

39 45.88%
  • Amethyst

15 17.65%
  • Rose Quartz

6 7.06%
  • Moonstone

12 14.12%
  • Sapphire

16 18.82%
  • Emerald

23 27.06%
  • Garnet

6 7.06%
  • Ruby

18 21.18%
  • Onyx

5 5.88%
  • Other, please post

16 18.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstones for Engagement/Wedding/Handfasting Rings?

Question Gemstones for Engagement/Wedding/Handfasting Rings?

Hi All,

I am curious about those of us who have exchanged engagement, wedding, union, or handfasting rings..... did you go with a traditional diamond or some other type of gemstone or precious stone? Please share your story with us aboout your special ring!

Blessings,

Rhianna

is offline My road to success is under construction
    I haven't actually gotten mine yet, but I know what it is.

Why? Because I find diamonds tacky. (yes, a woman who does not like diamonds) But my SO really wants me to have a diamond. So this is my chosen ring. For many reasons: simplicity. I don't want something large or that stands up. I want it fairly flat so I don't catch it on things. I chose an emerald because it is my birthstone, favorite gemstone and favorite color.
    Last edited by Tzhebee; September 30th, 2004 at 02:22 PM.
    Personal Blog comments always welcome
    Misc Pics

Missing my widdle Soweluitachakitabonitamommika

For myself..... I am not fond of diamonds. They are very expensive and common. I love Moonstones and other gems. DH and I exchanged engagement/ dedication type rings made of silver with rainbow moonstones. For our wedding we used silver bands with no gems.

Rhianna

My engagement ring is a round sapphire with two side diamonds trillion cut. My wedding band is shaped to fit around my e-ring, and has 10 wee pave set diamonds - all of it in white gold. I adore them

My husband has a yellow gold band that is textured in the middle and has two thin bands around the outside.
    Blessed with a harem of beautiful men.

I have a heart amethyst with at teeny tiny diamond next to it. I picked picked it out because I liked it. My wedding band is shaped to go over the point of the heart. I do however have a diamond, but I did not recieve it until this past February on Valentines Day and now it's my Mother's Ring for my dear daughter who was born April 26, 2004.
    MP & BB,

SieraMari Jacobs

Well, Jason picked out my ring himself. It's a beautiful rich blue sapphire flanked by tiny baguette (sp?) diamonds set in a white-gold band. He got a star-sapphire for his engagement ring ... yes, we BOTH got engagement rings, but it's set in platinum I believe, because he warps rings of all kinds.

He was going to have the sapphire removed from the ring and have a black-opal put in its place, but I fell in love with the ring when we went in for a sizing and I didn't let him. And I don't regret it at all.
    Last edited by tygherrayn; October 1st, 2004 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Forgot something!

^~^~^ * ^~^~^ * ^~^~^ *
    The melancholy days have come, the saddest of the year,
    Of wailing winds, and naked woods, and meadows brown and sear.
    ~/ W. Bryant

^~^~^ * ^~^~^ * ^~^~^ *

~* Mystic Wicks Peer Counselor :: I am Not Available - Until December
    ~*~ Visit my: Livejournal or Poetry Journal *~

Student of: Animism, Spellcraft, Modern Paganism, Dreams, Shamanism and Candle Magick

Quote Originally Posted by tygherrayn
    Well, Jason picked out my ring himself. It's a beautiful rich blue sapphire flanked by tiny baguette (sp?) diamonds set in a white-gold band. He got a star-sapphire for his engagement ring ... yes, we BOTH got engagement rings, but it's set in platinum I believe, because he warps rings of all kinds.

He was going to have the sapphire removed from the ring and have a black-opal put in its place, but I fell in love with the ring when we went in for a sizing and I didn't let him. And I don't regret it at all.
    I have an aquamarine (or blue topaz... I forget which, I'll have to get a photo and get rockprincess to look at it :D )
    It's not big and it's not expensive, but my beautiful, thoughtful boyfriend spent every penny he had on it, and I love it to bits because of him

well... i don't really wear stones. we aren't into all the traditional stuff, we only decided to get wedding rings after much discussion.. we weren't going to buy or wear them. but we have white gold 5.5mm bands.. that's it. i would rather have silver, but it's not as durable as gold, and wedding bands aren't made in silver unless they are specially ordered because of the durability....... sooooooo, we got these ones.. we had to special order them too.. but it looks like silver, so it works for me.

I am in the space between the notes, listening to the Voices in the silence from which I hear the Truth that Fires the Tourch that Lights the Path for others.

Think Pink

My signature jewelry is Black Hills Gold. I wanted a pink stone for two reasons.
    1. Pink is the color of true and everlasting love.
    2. It would match the pink gold in the setting.

My husand and I were in the local lapidary one day. The owner, knowing my love for Black Hills Gold, showed me a wedding set.

I called my husband to come over to me. He said that he would come over to where I was standing in a minute. I yelled, "NO NOW".

Two weeks later he presented me with the rings. He chose for me a beautiful, one carat, pink torumaline.

My wedding band is 18k rose gold.

Lady Avalon

I got my sweetie an onyx ring because I felt it was more to his personality ,I'm going to have diamons on my ring though.
    [CENTER]
    thank you to Faeawyn for the banner, it is of prettyness :drool: and thanks to Aurora for the Councellors banner also thanks to Pandoras and thanks to skysilver for rotating them.

My MW Gallery My Art My LiveJournal http://www.ruzakart.com

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast