View Poll Results: Gemstones for Engagement/ Wedding/ Handfasting Rings?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diamond

39 45.88%
  • Amethyst

15 17.65%
  • Rose Quartz

6 7.06%
  • Moonstone

12 14.12%
  • Sapphire

16 18.82%
  • Emerald

23 27.06%
  • Garnet

6 7.06%
  • Ruby

18 21.18%
  • Onyx

5 5.88%
  • Other, please post

16 18.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gemstones for Engagement/Wedding/Handfasting Rings?

Somewhere in the Sun between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eijse
    Arabs like 21k yellow gold on their women, but my own doesn't like the colour much!
    Hehehehe. I recall when you asked me if I wanted sliver or gold for a wedding band, I said platinium! I like things that don't have a yellowy look to them, like white gold, sliver, or platinium.

"Go out and go after the things in life you love."-Hank Williams Jr

"I've always been different with one foot over the line
    Winding up somewhere one step ahead or behind
    It ain't been so easy but I guess I shouldn't complain
    I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane"- Waylon Jennings

My ex gave me a beautiful amethyst ring for an engagement ring. When we got married, I wore it on my right hand and had a platinum 3 stone ring as my wedding band.
    So I had the best of both worlds of traditional and personal rings.

BEEEEP! Update: due to the lack of amethyst rings in our city, my engagement ring is silver one with garnets - kind of "elvish work", very delicate, very beautiful
    'And Mrs. Earwig', said Mistress Weatherwax, her voice sinking to a growl, 'Mrs. Earwig tells her girls it's about cosmic balances and stars and circles and colours and wands and...and toys, nothing but toys!' She sniffed. 'Oh, I daresay they're all very well as decoration, somethin' nice to look at while you're workin', something for show, but the start and finish, the start and finish, is helpin' people when life is on the edge. Even people you don't like. Stars is easy, people is hard'.
    - from A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett

My engagement ring is white gold with a garnet & 2 teeny diamonds on either side "for sparkle," as my fiancee put it. When we get handfasted, our rings will be be white gold bands, likely with no stones of any kind.
    If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
    helps you feel your life protects you,
    cradles you and connects you to everything.
    Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

i'm an 'other' kind of girl because i am a firm believer in whatever you want/need you will get ... i wear two rings from my husband ... a silver band ring engraved by an hopi artisan and a brass/indigo sapphire ring he bought in thailand for me ... both rings i have managed NOT to loose ... and both were bought for me well before we were married.

for our wedding rings/bands ... we tried to get some but got in to a huge argument over what ring i wanted ... i'm a simple girl from a farm, he's a ... well, let's just say he performs on stage for a living ... SOOOO, we ended up calling my dear friend last minute to stop by a silver store and pick up two silver bands (we both resonate with silver) ... they were both too big and we have both since stopped wearing them, but we still have them and will likely do something with them for our daughter ...

so, i get to wear my hopi band and my sapphire ring (which i only have been comfortable wearing over the past two years now even though having received it ... gosh ... nearly 12 years ago), which i interchange on my two 'ring fingers' ... and he wears whatever he's feeling at the moment. right now, its a silver navaho bear claw with a piece of black coral in it.

so ... short version ... my answer would be 'all of the above and anything else you're feeling!'
    peace & harmony,
    elaine
    'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'
    ... visit my blog ... business voodoo

**** LISTEN TO THE sideREAL world ***
    Now available on PodCast
    next LIVE show on SATURDAY ... 17 MARCH 2K7
    5:30 P.M. PST
    "On Da Moon"

"as long as the youth of the world is taught what to think instead of how to think, liberation from ignorance - the problem of the era - will not be achieved." manley p. hall

... do you want to hear some good music ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://www.blogtalkradio.com/blackpantyhoes

My husband proposed to me with a beautiful diamond solitare with a cut that makes it look like falling glitter in overhead light. It is set in white gold because he knows all I wear is silver and he wanted it to match the rest of my jewlery.

Our wedding bands are similar but not matching. His is plat with gold edges. Mine is white gold with gold edges.
    Practice, practice, practice!!

Wedding Colors?

Eh, I don't like it so much.

If you just want to make things look cheerful and colorful, pick gently contrasting colors like green and pink, purple and gold, etc.

But hey, don't listen to us! It's YOUR DAY! Do whatever the heck you want.

CONGRATULATIONS! =)

On Beltane this year my boyfriend and I are conducting our own handfasting. We both wear silver pentacle rings, so we decided to use those and have each other bless the rings as part of the ritual. Once we're out of college and actually have money, though, I'd love to have an amethyst and moonstone ring of some sort...:D
    There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
    - Douglas Adams

"Tell me - is this real, or has it been happening inside my head?" "Of course it is inside your head, Harry, but why should that mean it's not real?" -Dumbledore

My engagement ring is white gold with a .5 karat tanzanite in the center and two diamonds on either side in a wave setting.

^ tanzanite. Almost the exact color of my ring.

It's kind of a funny story how I got the ring...my fiance and I had been looking for ages, but because we have so little money between us, nothing was coming up right. We finally found my ring for $75 at the Jewelry Exchange and were like "hells yeah, let's go." When he had it appraised later, for insurance, we found out that it's actually worth about $750. Overall, I'd say we made out pretty well :3
    A poet is a light and winged thing...

I also am not a big fan of diamonds but I don't hate them. My engagement ring is a cushion cut emerald surrounded by diamonds and my wedding band consists of 3 rows of diamonds.
    *~Hillary~*

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast