View Poll Results: Are you a former Christian?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

209 75.45%
  • No

12 4.33%
  • I still am one

25 9.03%
  • I never was one

31 11.19%
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Christians

It is very easy for someon to say "yeah suuure I am....insert religion here..."
    But it takes a person of faith and strong will to really BE what they say they are... :D
    Also a person who understands what their religion is really about. Not someone who uses it to persecute and ridicule others.

FOR THE HORDE!
    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. Some are owned by cats." Anonymous
    www.myspace.com/whitedragonfire1
    AIM: Dedkitty

~you know my motivation, givin my reputation~
    :deviltail

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDragon
    No, but they think they are
    yeah, but I can think I'm Napoleon Bonaparte & say that I am, but that doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mab
    yeah, but I can think I'm Napoleon Bonaparte & say that I am, but that doesn't make it so.
    But if you belivfed enough, you could change your name. And then you REALLY would be Napoleon Bonaparte LOL !

FOR THE HORDE!
    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. Some are owned by cats." Anonymous
    www.myspace.com/whitedragonfire1
    AIM: Dedkitty

~you know my motivation, givin my reputation~
    :deviltail

Quote Originally Posted by Mab
    Being Napoleon Bonaparte is an objectively testable condition. Being Christian, we pretty much have to take their word for it.
    - Sleet

No, but they think they are
    I guess anyone can think they are, but since they claim to go by the Bible, and directly contradic the Bible, they aren't doing a very good job. :D

It is very easy for someon to say "yeah suuure I am....insert religion here..."
    But it takes a person of faith and strong will to really BE what they say they are... :D
    Also a person who understands what their religion is really about. Not someone who uses it to persecute and ridicule others.
    Yes, yes, yes! Excellent. 100 percent agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleet
    Being Napoleon Bonaparte is an objectively testable condition. Being Christian, we pretty much have to take their word for it.
    Ok, but that doesn't mean anybody (including other Christians) has to agree or accept it. And being Christian isn't exactly completely subjective. There are some basic things that are requirements of following that particular path, just as there are requirements/core beliefs in other paths.

i never was a christian. *shrug*

I came up with a good bumpersticker today :

"Love your neighbor means ANY neighbor!"

I thought it parralleled our "Freedom of religion means ANY religion." very nicely...

I would definatly put both on my car, and let everyone be confused by my "Child of the Goddess" bumper sticker.

Oh and to get back on topic, I was kinda a Christian... but not a practicing one... My senior year of highschool I did start to explore the churches my friends went to but they were all kinda weird, and then I was in college and I found Wicca. My boyfriend introduced me to it.... it is the only sexualy transmited religion! LOL (He's now my husband, BTW.)

Dove
    Last edited by MorningDove030202; October 5th, 2004 at 09:40 PM.

New to Wicca? Start Here!

"I sometimes find the excessive amount of "fluff-bunny" paganism on the 'net to be annoying, but the 'stinking-badgers" on the other end of the spectrum are just as unrepresentative." -I. Bonewits

MoringDove's Web Sitel Morning Dove's Live Journal My Pagan Quizes

:hearthearHave a Blessed Day!:hearthear

i was forced to go to a protestant church a few times when i was wee but i could never take it seriously. i found it rediculous. so at age 9, i started being a closet-ish practitioner of wicca.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast