View Poll Results: Are you a former Christian?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

209 75.45%
  • No

12 4.33%
  • I still am one

25 9.03%
  • I never was one

31 11.19%
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Christians

~Magic and Rituals & Advanced Paganism Forum Guide~
    ~Paths: Palo, Santeria, Hoodoo, Voodoo Forum Guide~
    Thanks Catiana and Athena-Nadine for the beautiful banners!

I am the daughter of earth and water, and nursling of the sky; I pass through the pores of the ocean and shores; I change but cannot die.{Percy Bysshe Shelley}

RIP Tony
    05/25/67 - 06/22/08
    You are my Angel

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Ariadna
    I'm still Christian, I used to be Wiccan though. So I guess I'll say why I left Wicca. I think it lacks a lot of very important morals, as well as the recognition of Jesus as God and Mary as the Mother of God. I also think it's very hypocritical, at least most Wiccans I ran into were.
    he he he he he!

I really do have to say as far as the morals go...
    That i have my OWN set of morals, and as far as mine go I would be considered a good Christian, even though i am pagan...

You can not judge one religion on it's morals, it is the people that follow it. There are many Christians that have bad/low morals, yet they are Christain, and the same goes for any religion. :D

Pstt and if you are thinking about the sex b/f marriage thing ... that was brought to by the Priests, it wasn't any rule that God made. They made that so the church would not have to pay for illegitimate children "of the church" if you catch my meaning. I learned that from a priest in my world religion class lol.

FOR THE HORDE!
    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. Some are owned by cats." Anonymous
    www.myspace.com/whitedragonfire1
    AIM: Dedkitty

~you know my motivation, givin my reputation~
    :deviltail

Oh and b/c I keep seeing it in your posts...
    Wiccan does not = Pagan or vice versa :D
    Not getting snippy. lol

Maybe you were talkning about only Wiccans? Durrr? LOL
    Last edited by *GrumpButt*; October 5th, 2004 at 08:11 PM.

FOR THE HORDE!
    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. Some are owned by cats." Anonymous

Good point WhiteDragon. Aren't the KKK supposed to be Christians?? Edited to answer my own question-yes. http://theearthcenter.com/ffarchiveskkk.html http://www.brainyencyclopedia.com/en...klux_klan.html So there goes the morality thing.
    Last edited by Lilith79; October 5th, 2004 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith79
    Good point WhiteDragon. Aren't the KKK supposed to be Christians?? Edited to answer my own question-yes. http://theearthcenter.com/ffarchiveskkk.html So there goes the morality thing.
    Someone calling themselves Christian and being Christian can be very different, indeed. They're not supposed to be Christians, by any standard outside of their own twisted ideas. No one accepts them as a Christian organisation, except for others like them.
    The miracle is not to walk on water.
    The miracle is to walk on the green earth
    in the present moment,
    to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.
    -Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote Originally Posted by Pol
    Someone calling themselves Christian and being Christian can be very different, indeed. They're not supposed to be Christians, by any standard outside of their own twisted ideas. No one accepts them as a Christian organisation, except for others like them.
    But, in their minds, what they are doing is in the name of God. Thus...to them it's moral. Quite sad. Kinda like all the holy wars over seas..but that is waaaaaaaaaaaaay OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith79
    How many of us on here are there?
    Why did you leave Christianity?
    I was raised Catholic, but they kind that only go to church for weddings. Although my family was not very religious, I was baptized and my parents placed me in catechism. I told my mom I didn't want to continue and do my confirmation and she was fine with that. I must have been around 10. As a child, Christianity just didn't click. I just didn't understand it.

When I first read Mythology by Edith Hamilton in junior high school, I knew there was something more to it. I immediately adopted Artemis as my goddess. It wasn't until high school that I even discovered Wicca. I was ecstatic, but over time, I realized that wasn't quite right for me either although it did shape me tremendously. Today, I just consider myself an eclectic Pagan witch.

Quote Originally Posted by ~BEBZ~
    I hate to say it now, but I hate Christianity, Christians, and all the crap that comes with them. 99.9% of them are hypocrites.
    ADMIN MODE:

2. No bashing of other religions or personal Paths is allowed in this community. Discussion of Paths is allowed and disagreement is also allowed but the act of telling someone a Path is "invalid or wrong" (for example) is not allowed.

Isil Darkmoon : Site Administrator With Lovecraftian Cat
    AIM: wuukiee81
    | MW FAQ
    | MW Rules | Copyright | About MW |

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke
    "It can't rain all the time" - The Crow

Lilith, with all due respect, the KKK's practices do not line up with the teachings of the Bible. Because of this, it is easy to see that they are certainly not representative of Christianity.

No, but they think they are
    Last edited by *GrumpButt*; October 5th, 2004 at 08:39 PM.

FOR THE HORDE!

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast