Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Lesson 2 - Do Not Respond To This Yet

Well all I have left to do to my runes is to varnish them,dont have the varnish yet or any beeswax.And leave them out all night under the full moon to charge them.I took a pic of them,but havent finished using the roll of film,that wont be until after Samhain/Halloween,so it will next month before I can post the pic.I also noticed that I hade made 2 that looked similar,so I had to go back and remake one(The Kenaz Rune).

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

My Beliefs

I found some tung oil that i'm gonna steep the Mugwart in, and then apply that to the runes. I have them all sanded (what a chore) Then I need to burn the runes in, varnish and cleans and charge them. That is for Sunday, except for waiting for the full moon. I'm excited. I can't wait to get them done.

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Mine are done but drying right now but I willhave to do the wood ones later...

you guys and gals how do you feel when you do the runes and finish I have made two sets and I feel soooooo relaxed.

Im still working on my wood ones. All I have to cut it is a knife and can only do about 2-3 a night with all my hand trouble. So later today Im going out to collect some stones to make another set that will be done quicker.

This is my dragon Titania made by instinct

MySpace
    CovenSpace
    Facebook
    PaganSpace.com
    PaganSpace.net

yes i have enough shells, as long as you arent to rough with them they shouldnt break. they are about the size of my thumb nails. i am going to make the runes out of the shells. what kind of paint should i use?
    Last edited by DragonMystic; October 24th, 2004 at 10:56 PM.

Acrylic is what I used on my runes but it is really up to you if you even want to use paints.

So here are two of th 4 sets i made i hope to have a wood set made later thsi week but with the way I am coughing and so shalky I am not sure if I will be using my wood burner or carving knife...

With the stones I found each one was suited by its size and shape for a particular rune. I found it a bit difficult at times using the paint on stones due to be sick and shaky but mangaed to get some nice ones made considering.

I did the glass set in between two other stone sets and I found using paint on the glass was a lot easier due to the smooth surface, but for some runes it did present a challenge and i had to do some of them 3-5 times before I got it to look right.
    Last edited by SilverClaw; August 10th, 2007 at 03:31 AM.

Those are really neat Bran.

I was hoping to have mine done by this weekend, but I'm busy Halloween costume making.

As I fell alseep a couple nights ago, I thought up a cleansing ritual for runes (after they've been made). If I can remember it, I'll post it for everyone

Happy Rune Making! :D
    Silverstar
    Silverstar
    Silverstar Designs
    ~~((( ^..^ <--meow

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."
    - Buddha

Thanks Silverstard

I was hoping to have mine done by this weekend, but I'm busy Halloween costume making
    Yeah I know what you mean I have left the costume making a bit late this year ( that is why I said i would make my wood set later this week )forutnalty my middle child bought her puppy costume this past weekend and my eldest daughte ris using her dress I amde her for our handfasting and using some fairy wings. Now I just have to figure out wre I can get a little devil s costume for my birthday boy!

So I am going to go do a write up for the next part of the lesson and will be back later today. Till then.

PS -any of you who have been to the chat room sorry.
    And I forgot to mention that those runes pictured above are not yet varnished.
    Last edited by SilverClaw; October 25th, 2004 at 02:17 PM.

Lesson learned. I just found this afternoon all the runes I had made scattered on my craft table, and in the living room (thanks to my loving son ), the ones that I painted on the glass were ok for the most part some of the may need to be redone or I am going to wash them all and start over and remember to varnish them right away so that if they fall on the floor again at least they will be protected. As for the stone ones most of them were ok except some had dirt on them that did not want to come off so I may redone some of them again as well.

I am stressed

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast