Thread: Psychic channelling?

Psychic channelling?

What are your thoughts on psychic channelling? Have any of you had such a reading? How accurate were they?

I went to a psychic channeller a few weeks ago. He told me that my ex-fiancee and I were 'not meant to be life-partners.' He repeated this with conviction. This kind of statement seems to be based on *his* belief that some things ARE meant to be -- that there are certain things that we can expect, or can't expect, in our future, no matter what. He didn't say much else that really clicked with me, except that I need to keep moving around and experiencing the world, and that was after I told him I was a Sagittarius. (And maybe he said that we weren't meant to be because she's a Taurus?!) I don't know, I don't want to believe that he'd do that... I went to the Tremont Tearoom in Boston, which seemed like a really respectable place... and the clairvoyant/tarot reader I saw there was right on....

Now, I also have a friend who is extremely psychic and a powerful healer, and every psychic she meets tells her she is more powerful than anything they've ever seen. She often has insights about people, especially good friends, but she says it's difficult for her to have anything but the occasional insight about me. Now, I wonder how anyone who's never met me can have such insights about me that a good friend and powerful psychic cannot...

I mean, I like tarot. I like the idea that we have power over our future, and that our decisions and actions can make things happen. I don't even know if I *want* to be with her in the future, but I want to believe that it's an open possibility, and not closed to us simply because fate (or a psychic channeller) says it's not meant to be..
    It's up to you now if you sink or swim
    Just keep the faith and your ship will come in
    It's not so bad

Hey hey hey it's just an ordianary day
    And it's all your state of mind
    At the end of the day
    You just have to say
    it's alright

-- Great Big Sea

Well maybe, and I really don't know anything so you can ignore this LOL, what the channeler meant was, while it is possible for you two to be together there would always be trouble in the relationship because it just isn't "meant to be". From what I understand is, just because it's in the stars or cards that it's not supposed to happen doesn't mean that it -can't- happen, just means the flow won't be right.

But that's just my take on it.

I am in the space between the notes, listening to the Voices in the silence from which I hear the Truth that Fires the Tourch that Lights the Path for others.

Channeling

I am a psychic and I channel. There are only two entities that I channel. One is Mother Isis, the other is my Master Teacher Ambrose.

Channeling required Spirit possion. In other word, the entity occupies the physical body. It is a strange felling, but you get used to it.

There are those who called themselves "Concious Channelers". This does not require Spirit possision. Every person can do this. It is call clairvoyance, sentience, and audiance.

It is my opinion that if there is no Spirit possesion, the person isn't really channeling at all. It is pure psychic abilities. Not everyone can channel.

Do be careful. What I am sensing from your posting is that he wasn't channeling and really isn't very powerful psychically.

Each of you have a destiny. It doesn't always mean with a particulare person or place. It means that there is something you are to accomplish while in a physical body.

There are those who are ment to be with a particular person. It is a part of their Karma.

You and your friend are sharing this moment in time. You have free will always. You can choose to stay together or not. Enjoy the relationship.

I've never been to someone personally but my Mum and my Sister go once a year (to different people) to psychic mediums. They have both been told things that are spookily accurate, that you could not guess at, including names, places, past and future events. Maybe it would be worth going to see someone different and preferably that you have a recommendation for.

I get the feeling that what this person told you regarding your partner is bothering you deeply. I suggest just going with the flow for the moment. Sometimes people are put into our lives for a reason, some permanently and some temporarily. Just deal with things as you would have done before you saw the psychic and see what happens.

I agree with Lady Avalon on several points. I had a chat with a Wiccan priest a few months ago who said that he could see in me a great deal of potential for channeling if I really want it. What I didn't tell him is that I have always felt like that ability has been there, like second nature. I do a fair amount of this at the present - the kind that includes possession. I also agree that this is not a path for everyone.

When people visit these "psychics" they're left open to all kinds of suggestion. Some are known to give bad advice. IMHO this isn't his job to tell you what's meant to be and what isn't in your life. He didn't do a psychic reading on your partner, I assume that he hadn't met her. Basing it on star signs is a warning that he's using coventional stuff to back-up his reading. This isn't psychic chanelling but psuedo-therapy. Ignore what he said about your relationship. That isn't for him to decide and nor does it mean gives him the right. Your life is your decision and it's your path. Not all Sagitarrius and Taurus are uniform as each person is different. I'm not the same as other people sharing my star sign, because of the time of day and place I was born. Be very wary.

Quote Originally Posted by arctic splash View Post
    Now, I also have a friend who is extremely psychic and a powerful healer, and every psychic she meets tells her she is more powerful than anything they've ever seen. She often has insights about people, especially good friends, but she says it's difficult for her to have anything but the occasional insight about me. Now, I wonder how anyone who's never met me can have such insights about me that a good friend and powerful psychic cannot...
    Perhaps she's not very psychic
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

I admit I am a sceptic when someone says they are a psychic and channel. Far to many i've seen are nothing more than cold readers and pick up on the target and give them what they want. The rest get me with their "I channel _______ from some where in the stars!" Of course giving the name of some star cluster as the home of said entity.

I suppose I am suspect for I follow Hecate and she presides over the Daemons who are sent to convey info. Many try to pass themselves off as gods / goddesses or other creature's and take some animorphic form to prove it. Yet if you look to the Chaldean versus it tells you to speak to the unformed fire not the formed daemons.

Then that doesn't touch upon how so much of channeling today is new agey in application and not like the past where one channeled the dead or other earth bound spirits.