View Poll Results: What do you think of Witchvox.com

Voters
390. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it, great information, visit all the time

159 40.77%
  • Its good but could be better.....( list how)

47 12.05%
  • Eh its ok

100 25.64%
  • Don't like it at all

13 3.33%
  • I rarely ever visit the site so no opinion

50 12.82%
  • Never been there

21 5.38%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinion of Witchvox.com

I voted "eh, it's OK". While I think it's a fantastic site, and the best "one stop shop" there is for anyone looking for info on paths etc, there are some inaccuracies on it that haven't been addressed, and from some people who've tried to get these addressed, they've been greeted with...not much, it has to be said.

This is what makes me choose "it's OK" rather than "It's good, but..." Anything on that site is the opinion/view of a particular tradition or person. This is by no means a bad thing, but I'm not sure that this fact is as apparent as it could or should be. These opinions might be more obvious to those of us who might be more experience or analytical, but I think that those who are new to this kind of thing take a lot more at face value before analysing. Conflicting views - in the past - have not been addressed or dealt with, from what I personally can tell.

Although this wouldn't stop me recommending the site in any way, I would prefer that such an influential site would account more openly for differing views. I realise completely that this could cause more of a headache than necessary. But at least a hint would be nice...

Valuable resource. I love it.

I find it to be irrelevant. I never use it, have only looked it over extensively a couple of times. Just really isn't a site that sparks interest in me.

Don't visit very often, but i think it could be better organised. It's good to just brose and read but when looking for sepcifics i have often found it tedious to navigate.
    "If at first you don't suceed, redefine sucess" - Anon

I think witchvox is great, I just get lost sometimes *lol*
    Though my eyes are closed

I feel my surroundings. I know where I am
    Deep in my heart I am always here.
    ~Memory's Flame~

Take my Hand; Let us Dance through Daisies.

I Placed the best moments of my life into that fire...

That thereís some good in this world, Mr. Frodo.
    And itís worth fighting for.
    ~Samwise Gamgee~

it's ok. i don't go much, not sure why really.....

It tends to irk me, it just seems so very hard to navigate.
    Yours, with gusto,
    Windi

Quote Originally Posted by Seren_
    I voted "eh, it's OK". While I think it's a fantastic site, and the best "one stop shop" there is for anyone looking for info on paths etc, there are some inaccuracies on it that haven't been addressed, and from some people who've tried to get these addressed, they've been greeted with...not much, it has to be said.

This is what makes me choose "it's OK" rather than "It's good, but..." Anything on that site is the opinion/view of a particular tradition or person. This is by no means a bad thing, but I'm not sure that this fact is as apparent as it could or should be. These opinions might be more obvious to those of us who might be more experience or analytical, but I think that those who are new to this kind of thing take a lot more at face value before analysing. Conflicting views - in the past - have not been addressed or dealt with, from what I personally can tell.

Although this wouldn't stop me recommending the site in any way, I would prefer that such an influential site would account more openly for differing views. I realise completely that this could cause more of a headache than necessary. But at least a hint would be nice...
    My thoughts exactly. I think it could be better organized as well.
    We're born in a prison, raised in a prison, sent to a prison called school. We cry in a prison, we love in a prison, we dream in a prison like fools. Wood becomes a flute when it's loved; reach for yourself and your battered mates. Mirror becomes a razor when it's broken; look in the mirror and see your shattered fate. We live with no reason, kicked around for no reason, thrown out without reason like tools. We work in a prison, and hate in a prison, and die in a prison as a rule. We live in a prison among judges and wardens, and wait for no reason for you. We laugh in a prison, go through all four seasons, and die with no vision of truth. ~ John Lennon

I like the articles on the site and the connections area, but some of the people that post piss me off. I mean, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. The final straw for me was about an article that talked about these two older people that were basically using Wicca to molest children, little girls. The wife was the bait and the husband...well, you know. Anyway, most, if not all, of the posters replied that there wasn't sufficient evidence to convict these two and the punishments were unfair, blah, blah, blah. They seemed to miss the point that these girls were robbed of their innocence. I read the article and couldn't believe that these pagans were defending such a morally corrupt man and yet, I'm sure they're still ranting about the corruption in the Catholic church.

Anyway, that's my biggest rant. As long as I don't read the replies to the articles, I don't mind it.

banner made by me!

Childfree and loving it.

What's this?

High Priestess of the Googlites

You actually want to know more about me?
    My LJ

I think The Witches Voice is one of the best sites for Pagans on the web. I think they provide excellent information and a wealth of valuable resources. I don't have any trouble navigating the site. I visit it often, post announcements, etc.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast