View Poll Results: What do you think of Witchvox.com

Voters
390. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it, great information, visit all the time

159 40.77%
  • Its good but could be better.....( list how)

47 12.05%
  • Eh its ok

100 25.64%
  • Don't like it at all

13 3.33%
  • I rarely ever visit the site so no opinion

50 12.82%
  • Never been there

21 5.38%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinion of Witchvox.com

I'm in between Seren & Raven Greywind.
    The listings of different traditions is a noble effort as it is hard to stay on top of. It does need some consistent navigation and is large enough to justify a collapsible menu.
    A valuable source for Neo-Pagans & Wiccans, I think.

ECCE, PARAT CÆSAR DOMITO QVOD DEFVIT ORBI
    ADDERE: NVNC, ORIENS VLTIME, NOSTER ERIS.
    PARTHE, DABIS POENAS.

SVR | FORVM ROMANVM | CCEL | VNRV
    LINGVA LATINA | BIBLIOTECA LATINA | LATINA VVLGARA
    Il Sussurro Delle Streghe | Benedicaria |Rue's Kitchen | Stregoneria Italiana

Quote Originally Posted by TYRRHENUS
    I'm in between Seren & Raven Greywind.
    That could be taken to mean so many different things.

I love it!! I have a habit of saving all the essays, and I am going to print themout when I get a chance!! It is always something interesting to read.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

.: Links :.
    [Deviant Art] [MySpace] [My Blog]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The things that others have listed as the weaknesses of the site with regard to content are actually some of the reasons why I think the site is good.

The site is largely created by content submitted by people who visit the site. The massive essays sections have a wide variety of opinions on all sorts of topics and because they are essays they present a lot more depth than is standard for most messageboard discussions. Messageboards tend towards shorter posts (despite the lengthier ones we get here at MysticWicks at times) and are usually not written and revised before going public the way essays are.

The traditions section is wonderful because the articles have been submitted by people who are involved with those traditions. If it were just one person writing up all that info it would have a bias because there's no one out there who can be completely objective, completely factual, and really informed about every tradition that's out there.

Since the site is the result of material submitted by others the way to resolve what are considered to be inaccuracies is to write and submit your own material. It's like MysticWicks -- it's not much use complaining that the discussions aren't about the topics you want if you aren't willing to post yourself and at least get the discussions started.

The same goes with the comments posted to the news stories at Witchvox. If you disagree with what others have said, post your own point of view! Keeping silent doesn't do much to let your point of view get known.

Witchvox has done a wonderful job of bringing together a massive amount of information into a way that makes it accessible -- all without advertising to distract from the experience. Even if we ignore all the other info they have there, the networking stuff (individuals, groups, etc. listings) make the site invaluable.

Ben Gruagach
    MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
    author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
    visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Seren_
    That could be taken to mean so many different things.

ECCE, PARAT CÆSAR DOMITO QVOD DEFVIT ORBI
    ADDERE: NVNC, ORIENS VLTIME, NOSTER ERIS.
    PARTHE, DABIS POENAS.

SVR | FORVM ROMANVM | CCEL | VNRV
    LINGVA LATINA | BIBLIOTECA LATINA | LATINA VVLGARA
    Il Sussurro Delle Streghe | Benedicaria |Rue's Kitchen | Stregoneria Italiana

is offline Alas... Meatball doesn't work that way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Verthandi
    ... Anyway, most, if not all, of the posters replied that there wasn't sufficient evidence to convict these two and the punishments were unfair, blah, blah, blah.
    so you maintain that they should've been convicted without sufficient evidence?
    there's an expression for that, isn't there... a something-hunt?
    some people are like slinkies -
    not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when they are pushed downs the stairs.

True enlightenment comes from discovering principles which challenge your spiritual view, not from inventing principles to confirm it.

Personally I love the site, I'm there everyday reading Wren's Nest, and come back week after week, in hopes of reading a new piece by Kerr Cuhulain in the Pagan Protection section. I've recommended it to my one or two students, and to my Girlfriend as well...

Brightest Blessings,
    Wulf Stormhand

It's a good place. I wish it was a little more user friendly though. I tend to get lost on it and have a hard time finding what I want. Maybe a better user format?
    /
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" -Albert Einstein
    Campaign to bring back Futurama

I think its a great place I just don't get to visit enough

Quote Originally Posted by Theres
    so you maintain that they should've been convicted without sufficient evidence?
    there's an expression for that, isn't there... a something-hunt?
    Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that there was sufficient evidence. There was--several girls came forward to testify, I believe.

banner made by me!

Childfree and loving it.

What's this?

High Priestess of the Googlites

You actually want to know more about me?
    My LJ

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast