View Poll Results: What do you think of Witchvox.com

Voters
390. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it, great information, visit all the time

159 40.77%
  • Its good but could be better.....( list how)

47 12.05%
  • Eh its ok

100 25.64%
  • Don't like it at all

13 3.33%
  • I rarely ever visit the site so no opinion

50 12.82%
  • Never been there

21 5.38%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinion of Witchvox.com

The quality of the site really depends on the intent of the viewer. I think that it's a great site for information. I know it was definately one of my more frequently visited resources once upon a time. However, if you're looking for networking then the place is a bit of a flop. Very large database of pagan listings, extremely innacurate as many of the listings simply give you a dead email address, and none of them ever time out. I voted middle of the road. Amazing in one department, a flop in the other.

is offline Ethereal Witch/Siren of the Sea
    I flip-flop over my opinion of WV... I've met a few interesting people through it, but it can be a bit too much 'fluff-wise.'

The good thing about it is it's one of many places we can go, surf and form our own opinions... Love it or hate it, it's nice we have places to go.
    "And they say Paradise is always frail ~ Against man's fears will always fail..."

is offline has the right to eat chocolate
    My only criticism of Witchvox is...I find the sheer volume of information there a bit overwhelming. I have trouble navigating the site effectively...but maybe that's just me being an idiot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fireheathen
    The quality of the site really depends on the intent of the viewer. I think that it's a great site for information. I know it was definately one of my more frequently visited resources once upon a time. However, if you're looking for networking then the place is a bit of a flop. Very large database of pagan listings, extremely innacurate as many of the listings simply give you a dead email address, and none of them ever time out. I voted middle of the road. Amazing in one department, a flop in the other.
    I've found that for networking it's actually the best site available. They check the networking listings and remove "dead links" (i.e. addresses that no longer exist) a number of times a year.

If an address does actually work but you don't get a response from them, perhaps it's not because the link is dead but because the human at the other end of that address just isn't writing back.

I don't know of any other Pagan networking site that even bothers to check if listings are valid once they've been entered.

Ben Gruagach
    MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
    author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
    visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

is offline Time And Relative Dimension In Space
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gruagach
    If an address does actually work but you don't get a response from them, perhaps it's not because the link is dead but because the human at the other end of that address just isn't writing back.
    Darn it! I knew there was something I needed to do! (Honestly, I'm terrible at replying to emails promptly...)

Ben's probably right, it's likely just unresponsive people...

I really like Witchvox. I agree that it's huge and sometimes hard to find what you're looking for, but it's a great resource.

Tashi delek!
    Dawa Lhamo
    Before you accuse someone of LYING, please read this first.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just tried to go to their site and it's all messed up with warnings, never had this happen before.

Quote Originally Posted by seapearls
    I just tried to go to their site and it's all messed up with warnings, never had this happen before.
    I visit Witchvox every day and I checked it after you mentioned seeing errors there. Yes, it does appear there are errors on the site.

In all the years I've visited the site daily this is the first time I've seen something like that. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out soon.

Ben Gruagach
    MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
    author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
    visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

I think it's okay. I definitely agree that navigation could be improved. On the first few visits, I actually thought the site was very disorganised and rather messy; it strained my eyes and confused me for a while. Although I've gone the more times since then, I still don't like how it's set up. It isn't user-friendly enough.

I enjoy reading some of the articles on there, and as much as I appreciate everyone's having his or her own view posted, I almost feel like there are more opinions than factual information. It's a good place to meet people in order to network, but I don't see how its information surpasses the types of information set up by those such as pagannews.com, which has at least a few pantheons and information on the Wheel of the Year (though that site in itself isn't the best site overall either; it's just that their information is more straight-forward).

I'd also prefer it to include Satanic listings. I'm sure plenty of Satanists practise magic or witchcraft, and as much as I respect Witchvox's overall "harm none" outlook, I don't think it's fair to exclude them. But, that's just me.
    02-07-1943
    05-19-2009
    Papi - R.I.P.
    I love you. Always.

voted for 'could be better'

Reason?

Well, as an non-English person, I'd have loved to have more German contacts. I've been a solitary learner mostly due to lack of likeminded persons. The few pagans I know are on the net and I only know one of them good enough to ask her questions. (Yes, I know, MysticWicks can help out on that - trust me, I've occasionally asked stuff here.)

Aside from that, a good advice on how to tackle the massive amounts of books out there would be cool. Most of it is English and thus not so easily available for a German like me, despite my good understanding of the language (libraries just don't cover much English literature in that regard, if any).

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gruagach
    I visit Witchvox every day and I checked it after you mentioned seeing errors there. Yes, it does appear there are errors on the site.

In all the years I've visited the site daily this is the first time I've seen something like that. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out soon.
    Seems ok for me. Probably a small glitch.
    ~ Light up, light up, ~
    ~ As if you have a choice ~
    ~ Even if you cannot hear my voice, ~
    ~ I'll be right beside you dear. ~

^ Thanks to GEBS for my little friend here ^

:

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast