View Poll Results: What do you think of Witchvox.com

Voters
390. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it, great information, visit all the time

159 40.77%
  • Its good but could be better.....( list how)

47 12.05%
  • Eh its ok

100 25.64%
  • Don't like it at all

13 3.33%
  • I rarely ever visit the site so no opinion

50 12.82%
  • Never been there

21 5.38%
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinion of Witchvox.com

I've been a member...well for a very long time...except I cant remember my screen name or password. I've had to redo it twice already. it's easier to just to stop going, hehe.
    It's good for finding out what's going on in terms of events and meetings in your area. I've tried to make friends on there but people dont seem to respond to me. hm...wonder why...

I gotta say... there are a lot of mediocre (shallow, poorly thought-out, naive, etc.) essays on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensHope
    I've tried to make friends on there but people dont seem to respond to me. hm...wonder why...

Me too!! I've tried contacting some witches right here in my own community and got no response-- very disappointing. I would've thought that the whole idea of putting up a profile on yourself and inviting contact would be to respond when that contact comes?
    My Website:
    The Witch's Corner
    http://amythystraine.blogspot.com

My Blog:
    Magickal Connections
    http://wytchymystique.com

My Books:
    click Here

I've been reading for about half a year, and joined maybe two months ago. I agree, there are a lot of shallow/mediocre articles that I sift through to get to the better ones. For this reason, I only check in every other week or so.
    Bored? Check out my deviantART gallery or my art Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Amythyst
    Me too!! I've tried contacting some witches right here in my own community and got no response-- very disappointing. I would've thought that the whole idea of putting up a profile on yourself and inviting contact would be to respond when that contact comes?
    yeah..strange...I've come to the conclusion that maybe they're not looking for friends...but for dates? lol

I love Witch's Voice! There are some fantastic articles! I have found many open events when I wish to attend a public gathering... I'm solitary, so networking is limited. I have even met a few witches in my area. Good stuff!
    In Love and Light!
    Moonrush

Good resource, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Memory's Flame
    I think witchvox is great, I just get lost sometimes *lol*
    Sometimes I feel like I'm in a pinball game, I get bounced around so much on WV...
    and yeah, I forget my password all the time...keep confusing it with the one for eBay, har!! My favorite WV feature is the news updates on pagan-related goings-on. I've posted my opinion on articles a buncha times, because, well, everyone is entitled to hear my opinion!! tee hee!:hehehehe:

I think you're right HeavensHope, because I didn't get any responses when I contacted people on WV either and I have a hunch it has something to do with the line where I mention I live with my boyfriend of 2 years.
    Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

There exists shallow information on most sites about paganism, unfortunately, (or any topic actually) and witchvox is no exception. It is a great place to look for information, though, in my opinion, and any intelligent person should be able to go to WV and find themselves able to absorb what information is of use to them, and discard or ignore that which they find ill-thought-out or just poorly represented.

I do find it slightly difficult to navigate, though - I have never been bothered to completely unveil the labyrinth that is that site.

I have gotten replies but not always from people that I would like to talk to. I've gotten pervs to what I call "Magnetos" (Fans of X-men would know what I am talking about)
    Linkin Park! (Minutes to Midnight featuring "What I've Done" and "Bleed it Out" in stores now!)
    Fort Minor! In Stores now!

(The band names are clickable, y'know.)

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast