Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Went to see the Chesterville "Witches" Grave

I hope to have the pic's posted today, am waiting to get them uploaded...soon!
    _
    You say 'crone' like it's a bad thing...

can't find what I'm looking for...maybe it's not there to find?

Thank you Linx for the great Book of Shadows!!!

Well, if I went through what she went through I'd be pissed too.

Chesterville Pictures

okay, sorry it took me so long to get the pic's here...the original ones are missing...yes, missing. Waiting for Ella to send me the original ones , but we went to Chesterville this weekend and took a lot more. The tree is so hard to see because my camera phone takes crappy pictures, and I don't have the others developed yet, but here is what I got...a few of them are pretty cool. You can almost see...well, I'll leave that to your imagination.
    oops, it'll only let me send five...i'll have to make another post.
    Last edited by Milliscent; September 19th, 2005 at 09:54 AM.
    _

More Chesterville Pictures

And five more...
    The first picture is a full view of the tree she is buried under; the second is a better one of the image to the right of the trunk...looks like a woman in a long dress, with hair pulled back. Directly in the middle of the trunk in that same picture, you can almost see the image in the moss on the tree that looks like a woman in a long dress with long hair. The third picture shows a stone that has been knocked down or blown over. The image on the top of the stone is a pointing hand, but at first glance, it seems to be a woman with full, short hair.
    Last edited by Milliscent; September 19th, 2005 at 10:33 AM.
    _

More Chesterville Pictures

And still more...
    If you look to the right of the trunk on the fourth picture, there seems to be a small figure there...and something dark in the middle bottom of the trunk; there seems to be a figure in the third picture, near the bottom of the trunk, at the top of the fence where it meets the tree. This picture is a good one showing where the tree grew through the fence, as is the first picture. The second picture of the tombstone looks like a woman in the middle of the stone, but there is actually nothing on the stone, just age marks.
    Last edited by Milliscent; September 19th, 2005 at 10:24 AM.
    _

Chesterville Pictures

Last one, for now. We went to the cemetery Saturday, during the day, then back again late Saturday night, since it was a full moon. Something pretty startling happened. My daughter and my nephews wife were with me, and we were trying to take pictures (none came out on my camera phone except the full moon becasue it was to dark), and my nephews wife started freaking out. She kept saying something was moving behind the tree. I turned around, and saw a long dark shadow moving through the trees, but she was seeing something on the ground. I looked again, and saw a flicker of movement, not sure what it was. My daughter and I wanted to stay, but there was no convincing my nephews wife. The atmosphere was really heavy, almost forbidding, and I was like, no, that's not the Chesterville Witch. The air itself was like super charged, like the cemetery itself was coming to life. And then I thought, if she were actually murdered, most likely the person that murdered her is buried in that cemetery, not to mention all the people she lived around, the same ones that branded her a witch. It's sad, and makes sense that her spirit may not be at rest. Do they ignore her in death like they did in life?
    _

great pics. what time of the day did you take them? I am going out there tonight to see if i can catch anything on camera

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    great pics. what time of the day did you take them? I am going out there tonight to see if i can catch anything on camera
    It was mid to late afternoon, about 3 p.m., then went back much later that night...good luck with your trip, I hope you see something! Let me know!
    _

Milliscent, I am very interested in the last pic you posted. I was wondering if you knew what the brownish object is in the middle of the pic? Did you see something there? I am asking becuase I went out to the cemetary tonight and took a pic of something very similiar. Any info would be helpful. Thank you!

I'm in Mattoon, but sadly it took this thread to bring this lil bit of lore to my attention. I was overly obsessed with the Mad Gasser I must have overlooked Chesterville. I suppose this is a trip worth making if any of these posts really indicate something present.

Send a PM and let me know when you all might be going again, if you don't mind.

--Kaos
    “Nothing alive is the same from moment to moment. To live is to face the unknown over and over again.“

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast