Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Help, I need to talk!

I'm looking for someone with experience or knows someone with experience in Depression, Single Parenting, Divorce, Abortion, and Teen Pregnancy. And anyone who feels comfortable giving advice to a 16 year old (17 next month).

you have a PM
    [CENTER]
    thank you to Faeawyn for the banner, it is of prettyness :drool: and thanks to Aurora for the Councellors banner also thanks to Pandoras and thanks to skysilver for rotating them.

My MW Gallery My Art My LiveJournal http://www.ruzakart.com

x_0

well if no one wants to talk, fine...
    Last edited by Unicornwhisp; December 10th, 2004 at 08:50 PM.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

free click to feed the needy animals!

I've had a lot of problems with a particular male lately. I really care about him, and for a while i thought he really cared about me. but now i'm not so sure, i want to be rid of him, but he keeps coming back and i don't know what to do! Every time he's around, i'm ok with it, but as soon as i let him in he ... leaves again. It's like he only cares about me when i'm hard to get. And when i try to get away from him, he calls me, or even sometimes shows up at my house and i don't know what to do! If anyone can help me, that would me great. I am not pleased with the situation!
    Katie~!

Bother bother bother ... I like the part where he stops moving!

I think you've kinda answered the question for yourself luvvie. You don't seem to want a relationship and you seem to believe he doesn't really want one either. There's no point in having a relationship for relationships sake. Maybe you'd both be better off as friends. Have you tried talking to him about how you feel? What does your heart say?

Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightening?
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieBear822
    I've had a lot of problems with a particular male lately. I really care about him, and for a while i thought he really cared about me. but now i'm not so sure, i want to be rid of him, but he keeps coming back and i don't know what to do! Every time he's around, i'm ok with it, but as soon as i let him in he ... leaves again. It's like he only cares about me when i'm hard to get. And when i try to get away from him, he calls me, or even sometimes shows up at my house and i don't know what to do! If anyone can help me, that would me great. I am not pleased with the situation!
    I'm getting a serious dejavu here! I went through the same thing when I was in my late teens. All I got to say is that you might want him gone but you still love him and you're very confused. He's a user and that's why he keeps coming back.You give him something he needs and he feeds off of that,when he's "full" he leaves.
    Trust me! Not a healthy relationship! No matter what your heart says get rid of him before he ruins your chance at happiness!
    Blessed Be!
    Ivy

Re: eating disorders

My ex-wife has an eating disorder that went un-attended. I tried to get her involuntary help, but the courts and most government agencies don't see eating disorders as a real problem. Two years later her problem progressed so far that she began starving not just herself but also our children. My 12 y/o son was at 38lbs when DFACS picked my kids up. The kids spent 6 mos in foster care before I could finally get them out of Florida. Now they live with me, and eat anything they want.

I don't know alot about eating disorders other than the damage they can do in one's life. It is very much like other damaging addictions. And often deep seated within the sick persons life and psyche. The one thing I'd like to say is if you know someone with a disorder, prepare to be lied to, tricked, and convinced that what they are doing is absolutely the best thing for them. Most victims of eating disorders go on to follow very strict diets where their sickness is welcomed and praised. i.e. Raw - Food Diet, or Hunter Gatherer diet, Veegan Diets. Any diet which involves extreem measures and strict guidelines seem to be favorites of those who have eating disorders.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say these diets are bad. It's just that they are used in the hands of the sick in damaging ways.

I believe eat what you like, eat what tastes good. And in all things practice moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by MagickalSummer
    I am looking for someone who has experience with bulimia or other eating disorders and someone to talk to about sexual issues (sex drive etc...) It doesnt matter to me if it is 1 person or 2 different people.

I am willing to wait until the system gets underway if needed.

~Summer
    Slowly falling behind, as this work, this world passes. Truth is hard to find, our heads are up our arsses.

Quote Originally Posted by rapscallion
    My ex-wife has an eating disorder that went un-attended. I tried to get her involuntary help, but the courts and most government agencies don't see eating disorders as a real problem. Two years later her problem progressed so far that she began starving not just herself but also our children. My 12 y/o son was at 38lbs when DFACS picked my kids up. The kids spent 6 mos in foster care before I could finally get them out of Florida. Now they live with me, and eat anything they want.

I don't know alot about eating disorders other than the damage they can do in one's life. It is very much like other damaging addictions. And often deep seated within the sick persons life and psyche. The one thing I'd like to say is if you know someone with a disorder, prepare to be lied to, tricked, and convinced that what they are doing is absolutely the best thing for them. Most victims of eating disorders go on to follow very strict diets where their sickness is welcomed and praised. i.e. Raw - Food Diet, or Hunter Gatherer diet, Veegan Diets. Any diet which involves extreem measures and strict guidelines seem to be favorites of those who have eating disorders.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say these diets are bad. It's just that they are used in the hands of the sick in damaging ways.

I believe eat what you like, eat what tastes good. And in all things practice moderation.
    I'm dumbfounded that someone would do that to their own children. I have an eating disorder (i say have because there is always a chance of a relapse.) Eating disorders generally have more to do w/taking control of your life when u feel there is none.What u put in your mouth is something that u alone control.When you look in the mirror youi see a fat person no matter how thin you are u could be 50 lbs underweight,but u see fat.You either kill yourself by starvation or learn not to believe what u see in the mirror. I've never heard of someone w an eating disorder starving their children,thats terrible.I'll have to research that,but it sounds like she has many emotional disorders,and definetly not safe to have control of childrens lives. That is so scary to me.My husband,now ex fed my problem.When I was 40 lbs underweight he still told me if I ever got fat he'd divorce me. I thought I was fat and ugly and couldnt do any better.Now 20 yrs later I have a man that doesnt care about my 20 extra lbs. Thats a good feeling.Its going to take your ex a long time to recover,the road will be long,She needs to realize there is a problem first which is often a long process in itself.I hope all goes well for all of you.

is offline Breathe deep, seek peace.
    I need somebody to talk to about the stresses of college life...and relationship problems and such...things just don't seem to be going my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bix
    I need somebody to talk to about the stresses of college life...and relationship problems and such...things just don't seem to be going my way.
    PM sent
    Taking a new direction 2007-12-19

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast