Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ceremonial Magick

Ave,
    yes, its still active and its going well
    In LVX,
    R.'.R.'.

Good to hear. I heard (back in 2005) from a former poster at Mages Of Qabalah (who I met by accident at a Lon Duquette seminar in London) that the forum and the order had gone into abeyance.

It would appear the rumours of it's demise were greatly exagerated!
    Hierophantic Initiation, Magick, Esoterica, Occult, Books & Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I've been recently researching this "high magick". Are you also interested in it? Do you have any great links to share? Do you have any comments or questions about this system? What do you think about High Magick? Does anyone else here practice it?
    Yes, I'm very much interested in it

Sure, but you've got to tell me what you are looking for. The term 'High Magick' covers a lot.

It isn't any one system. there are numerous systems of High Magick.
    - Greater and Lesser Keys of Solomon
    - The Sixth and seventh Books of Moses
    - The Grimoirum Vernum
    -The Black Pullet
    -The Dragon Rogue
    - The Heptamernon
    - The Grimoire of Honorious
    - Abramelin
    - Agrippan
    - the work of Eliphas Levi
    - John Dee's Enochian system
    - The Picatrix
    -The Clavis Inferni
    - Golden Dawn
    - Aurum Solis
    - Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor
    - BOTA
    - Freemasonry
    - Thelema
    --OTO
    --AA
    Gardnerian and Alexandrian Witchcraft

As for what i think about High magick lets consider what the Grimoire tradition is. The grimoires are an account of the system their authors built and used while under-going their great work.
    They've been used to "get stuff" and "win this" or "that" but really that's a lot of work given to do inconsequential things. people who write grimoires generally don't have time to be bothered by inconsequential things. Inconsequential meaning not consequential or of no part of the sequence that is the progression of their path. their work charts their csmology and wordview and in exploring every nook and cranny of this they learn about themselves and their work. As a consequence High Magick, is very fine tuned allowing you to work with very specific forces and sub-forces, currents and sub-currents as to experience a mystery and understand something more about the grand mechanism of providence. -and that was the drive, to understand that 'grand mechanism' regardless of what religious or philosophical imagery you used. along the way allegory has led to both confusion and the work of charlatans just as easily as those seeking wisdom.

really it has its place with Theurgy- communion and not so much practical magick. A ceremonial magician ca 'move' mountains to accomplish a physical aim but they do not develop this though considerations of blighting anothe'rs crop or making someone fall in love with them. They have no energy to waste on that quarrel and no time for women.

When simple, practical magick will do you needent plan accordingly to the planetary hour, lunar phase or conjure up all the forces of creation to do your bidding. Certainly all of these things can be conjured from within as aligned to without. That of courses assumes you know the thing you are calling up, that you have experienced that mystery and it is known to you as yourself. You don't need to use a ritual of the pentagram... if you are the ritual of the pentagram. if you are your magick and this is when you start to become a mystic, to embody the mystery. You are training yourself to do that. Ceremonial magick is the trial of of ceremony, the work of the adept [to be].

This is also where I am frustrated with most ceremonial magicians who are just going through the motions of their operations. They go no further than learning the LBRP, maybe a hexagram ritual and dont heed 'know thyself'. They don't explore their own depths or cultivate the means to travel to the other side. Magicians would go to the various spheres, rise on the planes etc. This involves working liminaly and altered states... I do feel ceremonial magician rely on to many tools. I also feel that each tool has its proper place and function. They bring out what is already inherent within the practitioner and help them develop those faculties. Through this process the tools become entities in their own right but they are birthed though this work.

Which is why i prefer to hang out with traditional witches who have knowledge of grimoire traditions- and as it turns out there are a number of traditional witches who are involved with the O.T.O.
    The H.G.A. is after all a familiar spirit. Now this does not mean they are very ceremonial in their witchcraft. Many of them keep their ceremonial magick and their witchcraft separate or rather what they see as each. The point is though that they are strong practitioners on both sides and it is evident that they are better for it on both sides.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2