Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Psychic Abilities: The Familiar Ones

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    38
    Wow that's pretty banging way cool glad we got something in common and I just thought I was just making it up cause I'm not the best at astral travel'.

    That said cool.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    29
    Posts
    60
    Okay I just read the list in the first posts and here're the ones that relate to me.. (long post warning XD)

    Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts.
    Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away
    Clairvoyance: The ability to see that which cannot be seen by the human eye.
    Clairsentience: The ability to feel that which the skin cannot feel.
    Read Auras: The ability to see and read one's aura for emotion and/or color.
    Thaumaturgy: The ability to perform miracles with supernatural assistance
    Intuition: The ability to feel omens, luck and karma.

    About the telepathy, it mostly just goes.. (dang I lost the word <_<), like I have no real control over it, sometimes it just.. happens. But on a small scale, especially when I'm with my friends, we'll just talk and I'd say things that another person was thinking about, or was about to say.. Or we say it at exactly the same time. I think this is quite common, though.
    About a year ago I decided to acknowledge my sensitivity, instead of running and hiding from it (which I'd always done >_<). But ever since then I become even more sensitive with ever experience, so it seems, and I'm not sure what to do with it o_0 I'd want to put it to a practical use.. I've always been able to sense energies around me and from other people, but now it's just tipping the scale a bit and it frightens me, allthough I do want to have the ability...
    What frightens me too is seeing things normal eyes can't see, though I don't want to push that away either... I love watching my grandmother and nephew appearing from time to time (after they scared the heck out of me), not sure what my point is though...
    I've been able to see aura's since I was very very little (used to tell me mother that she was grey...). I also used to give colors to the days of the week, does anyone know what that's about?
    About intuition, I have a really strong one, so strong sometimes it takes me aback...
    Now the last, thaumaturgy (a word I'd never heard of until now), is something that I actually just considered a 'gift'.. A gift to make people who come near to me happy, to make their day, to change their moment that - sometimes - changes their lives.. I always considered these small miracles, but only since a few months I've started to get the feeling there's someone or something 'putting' me up to it..

    I really have.. no idea what my point is in posting this, but I just wanted to let it out... Sorry xD

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    25,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulienm View Post
    Okay I just read the list in the first posts and here're the ones that relate to me.. (long post warning XD)

    Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts.
    Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away
    Clairvoyance: The ability to see that which cannot be seen by the human eye.
    Clairsentience: The ability to feel that which the skin cannot feel.
    Read Auras: The ability to see and read one's aura for emotion and/or color.
    Thaumaturgy: The ability to perform miracles with supernatural assistance
    Intuition: The ability to feel omens, luck and karma.

    About the telepathy, it mostly just goes.. (dang I lost the word <_<), like I have no real control over it, sometimes it just.. happens. But on a small scale, especially when I'm with my friends, we'll just talk and I'd say things that another person was thinking about, or was about to say.. Or we say it at exactly the same time. I think this is quite common, though.
    About a year ago I decided to acknowledge my sensitivity, instead of running and hiding from it (which I'd always done >_<). But ever since then I become even more sensitive with ever experience, so it seems, and I'm not sure what to do with it o_0 I'd want to put it to a practical use.. I've always been able to sense energies around me and from other people, but now it's just tipping the scale a bit and it frightens me, allthough I do want to have the ability...
    What frightens me too is seeing things normal eyes can't see, though I don't want to push that away either... I love watching my grandmother and nephew appearing from time to time (after they scared the heck out of me), not sure what my point is though...
    I've been able to see aura's since I was very very little (used to tell me mother that she was grey...). I also used to give colors to the days of the week, does anyone know what that's about?
    About intuition, I have a really strong one, so strong sometimes it takes me aback...
    Now the last, thaumaturgy (a word I'd never heard of until now), is something that I actually just considered a 'gift'.. A gift to make people who come near to me happy, to make their day, to change their moment that - sometimes - changes their lives.. I always considered these small miracles, but only since a few months I've started to get the feeling there's someone or something 'putting' me up to it..

    I really have.. no idea what my point is in posting this, but I just wanted to let it out... Sorry xD
    Hello Paulienm , welcome home!

    Picking up thoughts from people we're close to may be somewhat common, but not everyone can do that.

    I can sense things about a person's aura, but I don't actually "see" auras. I've always thought it would be neat to actually see them.

    The thing about associating colors with the days of the week makes me think of Synesthesia. (click for linkie)

    I also have the ability to project my feelings to other people (as well as picking up feelings from others). I've never thought of that as Thaumaturgy - just the other side of Empathy. But I've never felt like there someone or something else directing me when I did that.
    ____________
    If you make a customer happy, he'll tell 3 other people.
    If he's not happy, he'll tell 20 others.




  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    29
    Posts
    60
    The home welcoming made me smile haha, thanks! :D

    I know what you mean when you say you more like 'sense' an aura than see them.. I kind of lost my ability to see them properly, though in return I think that sense you're talking about has grown a lot, lot stronger...

    And thanks for that link, it's quite interesting!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    vancouver, wa
    Age
    47
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaliel View Post

    The Familiar Ones

    Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts.
    Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away. What about groups, like in a crowd at a show or concert?

    Clairaudience: The ability to see that which canot be heard by the human ear. After the birth of each of my sons I would hear music (for about a month) when there was nothing else on... I thought I was going crazy, I would turn off everything and could hear it, very distant and nothing I have heard before....

    Clairscent/Clairaroma: The ability to smell that which cannot be smelled by the nose. I smell things that others cant all the time... is that the same??
    Are these things that could be excercised to make stronger...like muscles?...

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    25,571
    Quote Originally Posted by dandalion View Post
    Are these things that could be excercised to make stronger...like muscles?...
    I've used the comparison to a muscle before.

    Sure, exercise. Or practice. Or just opening ourselves to the energies. Or the messages. Or the information. When I was doing exercises and experiments to open myself to the information I got better. And when I was doing a lot of tarot and rune readings I got better.
    ____________
    If you make a customer happy, he'll tell 3 other people.
    If he's not happy, he'll tell 20 others.




  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nassau
    Posts
    17
    So I'm not crazy? Others can really do & feel this things?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    25,571
    Quote Originally Posted by marlintrdg View Post
    So I'm not crazy? Others can really do & feel this things?
    Well, you may be crazy - I certainly have my moments.

    But, yeah, other people can and do feel this thing. Everyone has a sixth sense but some people ignore it and some of us can't really ignore it.
    ____________
    If you make a customer happy, he'll tell 3 other people.
    If he's not happy, he'll tell 20 others.




  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nassau
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
    Well, you may be crazy - I certainly have my moments.

    But, yeah, other people can and do feel this thing. Everyone has a sixth sense but some people ignore it and some of us can't really ignore it.
    I wish I could tell you how frighented I have been all my life becuse of these senses, (top part of the list for me), now to find out lots of people have them is somehow a relief. My friends (the real ones), have always thought I was a little wired until something blew-up then it was over to my house to sort it out..
    I only wish now I had some control over them.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    25,571
    Control starts with accepting that you have these senses and learning more about them. Doing things like meditation and 'grounding and centering' can also help you learn to be aware of what it is you're sensing and control them to some extent. In some way, some psychic abilities can't be controlled - like you can't control whether you smell something stinky or whether you naturally flinch when touched unexpectedly.

    Do some reading, here in this forum of MW and other places too. And please feel free to ask questions, maybe get a discussion going about whether other people are experiencing the same thing you are and what they are doing to handle it.
    ____________
    If you make a customer happy, he'll tell 3 other people.
    If he's not happy, he'll tell 20 others.




Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •