Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Psychic Abilities: The Familiar Ones

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
    Control starts with accepting that you have these senses and learning more about them. Doing things like meditation and 'grounding and centering' can also help you learn to be aware of what it is you're sensing and control them to some extent. In some way, some psychic abilities can't be controlled - like you can't control whether you smell something stinky or whether you naturally flinch when touched unexpectedly.

Do some reading, here in this forum of MW and other places too. And please feel free to ask questions, maybe get a discussion going about whether other people are experiencing the same thing you are and what they are doing to handle it.
    Thanks for your direction with this, very kind.

Of the list these are what I have experienced so far, not altogether not in any order and most of the time without even thinking about it, it just happens, also I can't "make" anything happen on commend, now that would be useful, but I don't know how. I also can go for months without anything occurring at all.

The last one on the list has become a bit of a problem for me. You'd be amazed how many people are lying over nothing almost as easy as breathing, it really tires me out to the point where I avoid people more and more.

Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts. (very rare but it has happened.)
    Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away. (only when someone askes, thank goodness, this is hard.)
    Astral Projection: The ability to project yourself into the astral realm.
    Astral Travel: The ability to project yourself into another realm.
    OBE: The ability to leave your body completely an travel or teleport to another realm or astral realm.
    (The above three are very similar and I use to have lots of fun with this, but find it very hard to do anymore.)

Lie Detection: The ability to know when someone is lying.

Yeah, we all seem to lie, little lies, all the time, without really meaning to. Sometimes because we wish things were different, or had been different, so we remember them the way we wish they had happened.

I used to notice all the lies and I really hated them, but I started depending on that and was badly burned by someone lying and I didn't realize it. So I pretty much started to ignore all the lies. It's just such a tense, unhappy, suspicious way to live being concerned about all the little lies that are going on. I've found it better to simply deal with it when I find out someone lied to me about something really important, letting them know that it's just not acceptable.

The Empathy can still be problem at times. Learning to tell the difference between what I'm honestly feeling myself and what I'm picking up from others has been helpful. Also realizing that I don't have to do anything about those feelings has helped. I had to learn to acknowledge what I was feeling and then let it go. Like feeling it when the wind shifts direction or when the AC kicks on or the sun goes behind a cloud, just realize you feel it and then move on.

I haven't done much astral travel or astral projection. In the past I've done a bit of far seeing, both in terms of distance and in terms of time. But I guess that's not as strong a sense in me.

This is all what I learned over the years and may not be helpful to you at all. But maybe it will help you to look at your own senses in a different way or think of a new way of working with them. I hope so.

That's a wonderful list indeed! Hope you don't mind if I copy this into my Book of Shadows.

I can read people's auras almost instantly. I'm very sensitive to color. Ever since I can remember, each letter, number, and day of the week have been automatically associated with a particular color to me. I don't know if it's an ability, but I thought I'd mention it.
    "From too much love of living,
    From hope and fear set free,
    We thank with brief thanksgiving
    Whatever gods may be
    That no life lives for ever;
    That dead men rise up never;
    That even the weariest river
    Winds somewhere safe to sea."

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Saga View Post
    That's a wonderful list indeed! Hope you don't mind if I copy this into my Book of Shadows.

I can read people's auras almost instantly. I'm very sensitive to color. Ever since I can remember, each letter, number, and day of the week have been automatically associated with a particular color to me. I don't know if it's an ability, but I thought I'd mention it.
    I talked about that ability in post 23. You may have something called Synesthesia (click for linkie).

I talked about that ability in post 23. You may have something called Synesthesia (click for linkie).
    Oh my God...like all of those things describe me! It all makes sense now, I can't thank you enough.
    "From too much love of living,
    From hope and fear set free,
    We thank with brief thanksgiving
    Whatever gods may be
    That no life lives for ever;
    That dead men rise up never;
    That even the weariest river
    Winds somewhere safe to sea."

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Saga View Post
    Oh my God...like all of those things describe me! It all makes sense now, I can't thank you enough.
    You're quite welcome. I find synthesesia to be an amazing ability. I had a friend at one time who had it, that's how I learned about it.

Psychokinesis - movement of the mind (ability to move objects with mind)

Quote Originally Posted by [V] View Post
    Psychokinesis - movement of the mind (ability to move objects with mind)
    That's one I really want to learn.

You're quite welcome. I find synthesesia to be an amazing ability. I had a friend at one time who had it, that's how I learned about it.
    are certain forms of synethesia learnable? (without taking tons of lsd)

Quote Originally Posted by [V] View Post
    are certain forms of synethesia learnable? (without taking tons of lsd)
    I don't think so. It seems to be genetic - it runs in certain families. More like having ADHD or BiPolar, not like Telepathy or Clairsentience.

I'm disappointed to not be able to find anything at www.mayoclinic about Synesthesia, but I did find this report posted at CNN.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/09...nes/index.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast