Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Psychic Abilities: The Familiar Ones

ts see ive had or have or have expirienced the following.

Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts.
    actually with this, i have sent someone my thoughts. A couple times actually. and the people not even realize i hadnt said it outloud. Happens with my family a lot. Like they send me thoughts too.

Empathy(all the time, since..i cant even remember)
    Astral Projection since atleast the age of three
    Astral Travel
    OBE

Clairaudience: The ability to see that which canot be heard by the human ear.
    i dunno about this one. I dont know if its the same as reading others thoughts. I hear people saying my name and other things. mostly I cannot distinguish what has been said though.

Clairgustance: The ability to taste that which cannot be tasted by the mouth.
    usually when watching a show or reading a book. The taste will just fill my mouth as if i had just eaten that kind of food before. (is that what it means?)
    Clairscent/Clairaroma: The ability to smell that which cannot be smelled by the nose.
    Divination tarot
    Intuition

and what about prophecy and prophetic dreams?
    I have prophetic dreams. My grandma, mom, sister, aunt, cousin, and I all have it.
    and what was that thing about not being able to hear what a human can hear...(wording wierd) me and my family always get omens of things in the form of either dreams or sounds. Such as a howling cat. Also we recieve tangible omens. Like before my uncle greg died my mom and grandma dreamed of feathers. my aunt found them all over her house and so did my granda

I wish i had telekinesis.

and the ability to see auras. I sometimes see a glimmer of an outline but...nothing really.

Sometimes, you just have to go with your gut

What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset

I am available for tarot readings

Quote Originally Posted by AmadoreEdana123 View Post
    ts see ive had or have or have expirienced the following.

Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts.
    actually with this, i have sent someone my thoughts. A couple times actually. and the people not even realize i hadnt said it outloud. Happens with my family a lot. Like they send me thoughts too.

Empathy(all the time, since..i cant even remember)
    Astral Projection since atleast the age of three
    Astral Travel
    OBE

Clairaudience: The ability to see that which canot be heard by the human ear.
    i dunno about this one. I dont know if its the same as reading others thoughts. I hear people saying my name and other things. mostly I cannot distinguish what has been said though.

Clairgustance: The ability to taste that which cannot be tasted by the mouth.
    usually when watching a show or reading a book. The taste will just fill my mouth as if i had just eaten that kind of food before. (is that what it means?)
    Clairscent/Clairaroma: The ability to smell that which cannot be smelled by the nose.
    Divination tarot
    Intuition

and what about prophecy and prophetic dreams?
    I have prophetic dreams. My grandma, mom, sister, aunt, cousin, and I all have it.
    and what was that thing about not being able to hear what a human can hear...(wording wierd) me and my family always get omens of things in the form of either dreams or sounds. Such as a howling cat. Also we recieve tangible omens. Like before my uncle greg died my mom and grandma dreamed of feathers. my aunt found them all over her house and so did my granda

I wish i had telekinesis.

and the ability to see auras. I sometimes see a glimmer of an outline but...nothing really.
    Interesting, I hadn't related Clairgustence to reading about a food and then practically tasting it myself, but I've done that. Also happens if I see a commerical on tv or an ad or recipe in a magazine. At least then I know what I'm getting hungry for - it usually sets up a craving for that food.

But I recently learned that the times when I'm smelling and tasting a food (even dreaming of a food) and have a hard time figuring out what that food it - it's sometimes an aura preceeding a migraine. I thought all migraine auras were the kind that affect the vision, but it seems that some affect the sense of smell or taste. I used to go on eating binges trying all kinds of food to see if could figure out what I was smelling and tasting. Now I know it's not a real craving and that in a few hours it will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliel View Post
    Here's a list of the abilities we all know and love . . .

It's good to see these all listed in one place. I would add clairalience (clear-smelling) to the list.

I am clairaudient, but more often simply "claircognizant", which means that sometimes I don't hear or see anything; I just know it with a certain surety. Some people use the term precognitive, but basically it is simply just having some fore-knowledge about something beyond any doubt.

I also have studied and practiced astrology for many years, but I do not think astrology should be listed with psychic skills. "Zodiac vision" as a term is a new one on me.

Astrology is an analytical skill that is learned through much study of specific information and application of certain techniques. The chart yields information based on the astrologer's ability to apply the techniques and analyze the data in the chart, and this ability is the product of lots of "book learning", study, and much endeavor working with many many charts over a period of time.

That said, some astrologers may also be generally intuitive. But what they say about a chart should be based on chart data and analysis of said data, not intuitive feelings or information. That makes for bad astrology.

Just my opinion, based on personal observation and reading widely the works of other astrologers, past and present.

- fj

Last edited by flameofjoy; November 13th, 2009 at 03:30 PM.
    "From time to time, I do consider that I might be mad. Like any self-respecting lunatic, however, I am always quick to dismiss any doubts about my sanity." Odd Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by flameofjoy View Post
    It's good to see these all listed in one place. I would add clairalience (clear-smelling) to the list.

I am clairaudient, but more often simply "claircognizant", which means that sometimes I don't hear or see anything; I just know it with a certain surety. Some people use the term precognitive, but basically it is simply just having some fore-knowledge about something beyond any doubt.

I also have studied and practiced astrology for many years, but I do not think astrology should be listed with psychic skills. "Zodiac vision" as a term is a new one on me.

Astrology is an analytical skill that is learned through much study of specific information and application of certain techniques. The chart yields information based on the astrologer's ability to apply the techniques and analyze the data in the chart, and this ability is the product of lots of "book learning", study, and much endeavor working with many many charts over a period of time.

That said, some astrologers may also be generally intuitive. But what they say about a chart should be based on chart data and analysis of said data, not intuitive feelings or information. That makes for bad astrology.

Just my opinion, based on personal observation and reading widely the works of other astrologers, past and present.

- fj

Yes, I'd say I'm most often ClairCognizent as well, but I have had some ClairAlience events. That's a new term for me, and even though I've had experience with it, I hadn't heard that term before.

:)

Kaliel,I'm freaking out here,but THANK YOU!You just made me discover about myself with your post,I have some of this manifested throughout my existance,but I did not know how to call it.Thank you!!This is based on events where I had this manifest unconsciously,and natural like breathing..If anyone is there to help me through this I'll be grateful.Who has experience with the below abilitities?

Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts.(I may have this,manifested not so much as empathy)

Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away. (I have this 4 sure)

Astral Projection: The ability to project yourself into the astral realm.( I had this involuntarily a couple of times)

Astral Travel: The ability to project yourself into another realm.(4 times,dream state)

OBE: The ability to leave your body completely an travel or teleport to another realm or astral realm.(Had this for sure 4-6 -7 times,dream state

Channeling: The ability to allow another being to possess the same mental functions and brain as yours. Also, the ability to give up control of the brain and body to another being.(totally afraid of this,so I hope I don't have it,but being so sensible I could.Right?)

Medium: The ability to sense and speak with ghosts and the ability to connect people with those they have lost. ( 0 for real,freaks me out)

Clairvoyance: The ability to see that which cannot be seen by the human eye. can't say no or yes

Clairaudience: The ability to see that which canot be heard by the human ear. can't say no or yes

Clairsentience: The ability to feel that which the skin cannot feel.( yes)

Clairgustance: The ability to taste that which cannot be tasted by the mouth. (Definitly YES,I love to taste colour) and other things smelless for other people,it happens frequently to me

Clairtangency: The ability to touch that which cannot be touched by the human body. not sure if yes or no

Clairscent/Clairaroma: The ability to smell that which cannot be smelled by the nose. Definitly YES

Read Auras: The ability to see and read one's aura for emotion and/or color.
    hardly,is there a technique?

Remote Viewing: The ability to see present time occurrances at a remote location. yes,I wish I could ) Could I?I miss someone far away...

Lie Detection: The ability to know when someone is lying. yes,to a degree connected to intuition

Premonition: The ability to see future events before they happen. YES!I had experiences

Precognition: The ability to see past events as though they were occurring in present time, yes,but in form of emotion waves

Psychometry: The ability to touch and item and see its origins, past owners and history. not sure

Thaumaturgy: The ability to perform miracles with supernatural assistance. maybe

Divination: The ability to read one using a tool of divination. just a beginner here,better with runes,they are friendly,I find them not so scary as tarot,but I'll try to make friends with that too,I already have my first deck.

Intuition: The ability to feel omens, luck and karma. YES!Strong one.Maybe due to my birth sign it's more strong.

Zodiac Vision: The ability to read one's stars. (Also called an Astrologer.)I wish.. can anyone teach me?

Psycho Projection: The Ability to project yourself into one's past to see the events as third person. Can be used to see your own past as third person. hopefully I will learn,currently no

Muse: Read a person and know what they want to hear. maybe,yes...

So please help me devise my some excercise to figure out the rest that is foggy and unexperienced.thank you.warm hugs.
    WHERE THERE IS WILL,THERE IS A WAY...

Quote Originally Posted by trueseeker View Post
    Kaliel,I'm freaking out here,but THANK YOU!You just made me discover about myself with your post,I have some of this manifested throughout my existance,but I did not know how to call it.Thank you!!This is based on events where I had this manifest unconsciously,and natural like breathing..If anyone is there to help me through this I'll be grateful.Who has experience with the below abilitities?

Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts.(I may have this,manifested not so much as empathy)

Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away. (I have this 4 sure)

Astral Projection: The ability to project yourself into the astral realm.( I had this involuntarily a couple of times)

Astral Travel: The ability to project yourself into another realm.(4 times,dream state)

OBE: The ability to leave your body completely an travel or teleport to another realm or astral realm.(Had this for sure 4-6 -7 times,dream state

Channeling: The ability to allow another being to possess the same mental functions and brain as yours. Also, the ability to give up control of the brain and body to another being.(totally afraid of this,so I hope I don't have it,but being so sensible I could.Right?)

Medium: The ability to sense and speak with ghosts and the ability to connect people with those they have lost. ( 0 for real,freaks me out)

Clairvoyance: The ability to see that which cannot be seen by the human eye. can't say no or yes

Clairaudience: The ability to see that which canot be heard by the human ear. can't say no or yes

Clairsentience: The ability to feel that which the skin cannot feel.( yes)

Clairgustance: The ability to taste that which cannot be tasted by the mouth. (Definitly YES,I love to taste colour) and other things smelless for other people,it happens frequently to me

Clairtangency: The ability to touch that which cannot be touched by the human body. not sure if yes or no

Clairscent/Clairaroma: The ability to smell that which cannot be smelled by the nose. Definitly YES

Read Auras: The ability to see and read one's aura for emotion and/or color.
    hardly,is there a technique?

Remote Viewing: The ability to see present time occurrances at a remote location. yes,I wish I could ) Could I?I miss someone far away...

Lie Detection: The ability to know when someone is lying. yes,to a degree connected to intuition

Premonition: The ability to see future events before they happen. YES!I had experiences

Precognition: The ability to see past events as though they were occurring in present time, yes,but in form of emotion waves

Psychometry: The ability to touch and item and see its origins, past owners and history. not sure

Thaumaturgy: The ability to perform miracles with supernatural assistance. maybe

Divination: The ability to read one using a tool of divination. just a beginner here,better with runes,they are friendly,I find them not so scary as tarot,but I'll try to make friends with that too,I already have my first deck.

Intuition: The ability to feel omens, luck and karma. YES!Strong one.Maybe due to my birth sign it's more strong.

Zodiac Vision: The ability to read one's stars. (Also called an Astrologer.)I wish.. can anyone teach me?

Psycho Projection: The Ability to project yourself into one's past to see the events as third person. Can be used to see your own past as third person. hopefully I will learn,currently no

Muse: Read a person and know what they want to hear. maybe,yes...

So please help me devise my some excercise to figure out the rest that is foggy and unexperienced.thank you.warm hugs.
    What you describe sounds more like synesthesia than clairgustience. Read about it here.

Wow,thanks Lunacie...but for me is more intense ,and has a sort of passion...

I am like reversed when I see colors I hear music..and I taste it..Also when i see colours,I hear music..I see an image ..for me it's not only an image it's a song..many times i sing it and people say I'm a composer ) I could never tell any body this..it is such a relief that I can do it now..and that I am not a freak and alone ) THANK YOU!!
    Last edited by trueseeker; November 14th, 2009 at 09:53 PM.
    WHERE THERE IS WILL,THERE IS A WAY...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
    Yes, I'd say I'm most often ClairCognizent as well, but I have had some ClairAlience events. That's a new term for me, and even though I've had experience with it, I hadn't heard that term before.

I've had it happen to me once, years ago, and it sent me racing through my house like mad-woman sniffing the air in every room, looking for the source of the scent, which I did not find, of course, nor did I expect to find anything. I believe it was a scent associated with my teacher, on the inner planes. During that time period, I was having other contact events, and this was one of them.

The experience was interesting from an observational point of view. The sense of smell is such a basic sense.

- fj

"From time to time, I do consider that I might be mad. Like any self-respecting lunatic, however, I am always quick to dismiss any doubts about my sanity." Odd Thomas

I can relate to 6 plus one:

Clairvoyance: The ability to see that which cannot be seen by the human eye.

I have been able to see things that others wouldn't normally see- presences- apparitions- shadows- figures of various sorts and figures of oppositional forces.

Clairaudience: The ability to hear that which cannot be heard by the human ear.

I can- with full focus and fine tuning- hear voices from the other side and or from other realms of the supernatural dimension. I use such more so for being helpful in regards to finding answers. I tend to have a small handful of unseen respondents.

Clairtangency: The ability to touch that which cannot be touched by the human body.

If anything- I can feel the touch of unseen presences. The laying of unseen hands on my head sometimes and I can recieve physical responses in answers to questions. My respondents will answer yes- no and or maybe questions in such a way. Goose bumps and hair standing on end- not easy to get used to.

Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away.

More often than not- I can tell when a family member or a friend is having an emotional day and I can also tell through online and or phone connections as well. The bonds between others and me are very strong and emit energy levels just high enough for me to sense.

Premonition: The ability to see future events before they happen.

More often than not my premonitions happen in short vision form and or dream-scape- sometimes certain things that come up in conversations become trigger points- Deja Vu happens to me just about the same way.

Lie Detection: The ability to know when someone is lying.

Being a mother of 2 kids- 2 and 10- plus knowing that eyes are the windows to the soul- I can definitely tell when someone is lying. The senses I get through looking someone in the eyes and hearing key picthes in voice tones- I'm quite good at telling when someone is lying to me. Reading them is still a work in progress how ever instincts cover that base until I can tune the rest in- in full.

Then there is Discernment:

I am continually aware of anything and everything at just about any given point in time with extremely intuitive instincts. With positive forthcomings- I am generally happy and in a good mood for 3 days before the positive event occurs. With a negative event looking to unfold- I am extremely tired- a little moody and somewhat touchy about various things for 3 days before the unpleasant event unfolds. Suffice it to say- for a week at a stretch with some events- especially very unpleasant worldy events- I was very un-nerved.

At most important of times I enjoy using my gifts and I do my best to share what ever it is I come across. When things aren't as important or seem a little on the mundane side- I will- more often than not consider them a bit of a nuscience.

Either way I have been working on tuning them for the last 8 to 9 years or so now as mine were blessed spiritual gifts and I hope if anything that the progress that I have made along with the insight that I have shared during that time has been beneficial to all who have needed the support.

It was nice to use them for my own household every now and then- but it's a little more exhilarating to share them with others.

Missy.
    Last edited by Jade_Dove; June 30th, 2010 at 02:16 AM.
    "Our greatest conqeusts in life are those of waking from sleep every morning- living through out the day and doing both every day through out every season and year that come along as well as slowly pass with every hour."

I've had experience with Clairaudience, Telekenesis, and lots of divination

With my clairaudience, I hear something telling me to say things to people or messages for myself, i don't have to 'tune in' particularly hard, just enough to be focused and concentrating.

Telekenesis, I sometimes just look at things and imagine a scenario and it happens, don't know if this particular experience counts, but i imagined a girl i didn't really like being pooed on by a bird and it happened, that could just be a coincidence,

Divination, a common and frequent one, doesn't really need explaining

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast