• No but I wish they did

59 43.70%
  • No..mythilogical creatures don't exist

25 18.52%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicorns?

is offline i would eat his heart in the marketplace
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulHealer
    I have heard that before -but still since someone out there was prepared to pay thousands (more than I would have done even if I had that sort of money) would be nice to know what he bought
    I agree that some sort of tests should be done on it. It would be interesting to know what it was!

Was it very old? Because I can see why someone would buy it if they were rich, even if they didn't believe in unicorns, if it has some historical or archaeological value.
    Furthermore, we have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us. The labyrinth is thoroughly known. We have only to follow the thread of the hero path, and where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god. And where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves. Where we had thought to travel outward, we will come ot the center of our own existence. And where we had thought to be alone, we will be with all the world.
    -Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by John_Mischief
    I agree that some sort of tests should be done on it. It would be interesting to know what it was!

Was it very old? Because I can see why someone would buy it if they were rich, even if they didn't believe in unicorns, if it has some historical or archaeological value.
    It was old medieval I think but I do remember the buyer really thought it was unicorn.....mind you if unicorns did exist probably explains why they died out if we kept cutting the horns of!

A friend of mine says they do but its extremely rare to ever see one since their is only 2 in the world, one male and 1 female. Me I have no clue.

I believe they are real but not on this plane.

Brandiwyn
    If I really could ride a broomstick, then I wouldnt get stuck in traffic!!

Happy Mabon.. Fall is here!

I voted yes, seen one. No I have not seen a horse with a horn on it's head. While I do believe that such creatures exist, in one form or another. To me a plain old horse is just as special as a unicorn.
    A unicorn is nothing more than a gussied up horse.

I need to post an old old journal entry of mine...

Freedom of speech means not only the freedom to say what you want, but letting others have the freedom to say what they want, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

I saw a documentary on mythical creatures once. Turns out that swordfish horns were sold as unicorn horns. And myth became legend. Ground into a powder thay were meant as an aphrodisiac associated with the unicorns' infatuation with virgins, and used to extend one's lifetime. Christians saw the beast as satan conquered by purity and chastity.

I think they either existed once and went extinct or they dont exist on this realm.

This is my dragon Titania made by instinct

MySpace
    CovenSpace
    Facebook
    PaganSpace.com
    PaganSpace.net

I didn't answer, as John Mischief didn't because I believe they exist, yet don't have proof.

Quote Originally Posted by enchancea
    I think they either existed once and went extinct or they dont exist on this realm.
    As what I believe.

I found the old journal entry I mentioned. I get a kick out of this. :D

My 12 year old self's spelling has been edited.

January 18, 1996 (I would have been 12)
    Dear Journal,
    Today we start math. Well, anyway, do you believe in unicorns? I do. Why? I don't know. My friend P.W., along with a few other people also believe in unicorns. A unicorn is a creature that looks like a horse, only it has a long, spiral horn in the middle of its forhead. I have read that unicorns became extinct when Noah's Ark occured. I believe that they still exist, and I might always will, even though I may never see any. I believe that unicorns eat mainly rose petals. Many people and "resources" will more than likely tell you that unicorns do not exist, but I think they DO exist. According to me, unicorns live on a tiny continent called Elysia. Many other magical creatures live here also.

Dude, where did I come up with all that?!
    I recognize Elysia as a place in a book I loved as a kid.

Freedom of speech means not only the freedom to say what you want, but letting others have the freedom to say what they want, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast