33 24.44%
  • No but I wish they did

59 43.70%
  • No..mythilogical creatures don't exist

25 18.52%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicorns?

I'm a unicorn rider.

In a place where fantasy meets reality...
    Thats just cute Élistariel!

I do believe they exist,on this plane or another, but i dont have proof. I mean why not? Why shouldnt there be unicorns? We have no proof that they dont exist do we? It's not because they were reduced to myth and fairy tales that they don't exist...
    Last edited by jelly.belly; May 4th, 2005 at 06:28 PM.
    We pray for one last standing
    On the globe that gave us birth;
    Let us rest our eyes on fleecy skies
    And the cool green hills of Earth.

~Robert A. Heinlein

There is a silence where hath been no sound
    There is a silence where no sound may be
    In the cold grave, under the deep deep sea.

~Thomas Hood

actually, i was just in an apothecary's exhibition in a little museum (with banondraig) and among alot of other really interesting things we saw little pots of "unicorn horn". the plaque on the side said that unicorn horn was used to cure illnesses, and that most of the time it was actually crushed narwhale (sp?) horns. and sometimes horns of prehistoric animals that people just didn't know much about back then.

as far as folklore about unicorns goes i've heard that to aquire the coveted horn, you have to be a virgin. and sit down under a tree and wait for it to put its head in your lap. it'll fall asleep and then you or someone else can kill it ( *gasp* nasty folklore ) or just take the horn.

i've also read that they originated in greece and "dwelled in the lilac forests there" or something along those lines. sorry to say i don't remember where i read it.

I have a rather large book on unicorns. I forgot I had it.
    The Lore of the Unicorn
    Odell Shepard

Freedom of speech means not only the freedom to say what you want, but letting others have the freedom to say what they want, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

yes, i believe unicorns exist. very much so. i think some might still exist on earth, and some others may have fled to another realm. just because we dont see them, doesnt mean they arent there.

I've always liked unicorns since I was a little girl.. I use to believe that there was a secret world and one always stayed on Earth to make sure humans stayed pure and had some fantasy. (I was a HUGE Bruce Covillie fan, your typical unicorn/faerie loving little girl, that was me.) I actually went looking for them one time in the mountains, but never found any.

I had one dream in which I saw this huge unicorn (as big as my house), it was a big horse with a wide chest. I don't remember if it was attacking me or not.

As I got older I got a little disgusted with myself because of how cliche they were, but I still keep up all my statues and posters.. Even though my family still might try to give me a unicorn token once in a while, I just sort of smile when inwardly I'm thinking, "Oh god. This -again-.."

Other than that, I've seen and interacted in real life with faeries and dragons, but not yet a unicorn.
    xxx

Somewhere in the Sun between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder.
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpinthenight
    Do they exist? Ive always wanted to think so since I was a little girl..but have never found any evidence...what do you think?
    I think they don't exist, not in reality, other wise there would have been fossil evidence.

"Go out and go after the things in life you love."-Hank Williams Jr

"I've always been different with one foot over the line
    Winding up somewhere one step ahead or behind
    It ain't been so easy but I guess I shouldn't complain
    I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane"- Waylon Jennings

I do not believe they exist physically. It would be neat if they did though.

I love unicorns and I believe they exist in the astral. I had a book on them when I was little by M. Green called "De Historia Et Veritate Unicornis/on the History and Truth of the Unicorn" that made it seem like they were real and you could solve the riddle and find a real unicorns horn but unfortunately I found out ~10 yrs later its just a puzzle the author created for fun. Apparently there really is an ivory horn burried somewhere in the US though.
    Yavanna Kementari

I have never seen one, though I have heard several on occasion. We live quite close to a small forest, and they often live and remain within various forests, as far as I've ever been able to discern.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast