• Yes..haven't seen one but I have proof

33 24.44%
  • No but I wish they did

59 43.70%
  • No..mythilogical creatures don't exist

25 18.52%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Unicorns?

I believe that Unicorns are definitely real, but I have never seen one before and I don't have any proof that they exist. I've always believed in them though.

is offline Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
    Yes of course Unicorns are real! Not in this physical realm perhaps, but there are many different realms and worlds!

Winter Rouses All My Grief

I once wrote a book in grade 3 called 'How The Narwhal Got It's Tusk'.
    It was about a unicorn that traded her tusk to a Narwhal. I can't remember what for, but that was like my theory on why Narwhal's have tusks and why there aren't any unicorns.
    I think that somewhere along the lines, unicorns may evolved back into sea creatures. Or perhaps they went extinct just like how the elephants are endangered of becomming extinct. I wonder if their horns were made of ivory and some ancient ivory relics are actually from unicorn tusks. Not elephants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is offline SEXY conservative asshole with a heart
    I believe they are as real as Santa Clause and the tooth fairy...many people believe in them.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

I believe that they are real and still exist. But like many creatures of legend and lore they are masters of illusion. They hide in plain sight because that is the only way most will accept the survival of creatures that no one alive understands. I do wish that we could see them though.
    What We have fought and bled for will never be lost to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Owd Scrat View Post
    Yes of course Unicorns are real! Not in this physical realm perhaps, but there are many different realms and worlds!

I've never been able to catch a unicorn or, a leprechaun, for that matter. Those leprechauns, by the way, are some thieving, stinky, little faerie bastards. I have a magic carpet though. Carries a family of four, and is stealth. In reality, of course, none of this is true. But, honestly, isn't reality just as exciting as fantasy? I mean, if you live a good, caring, giving, honest life, good things come in return. And, if you don't, things that come in return are less that desirable. I find that exciting! Karma, baby, karma.

I do not know if this has been metioned as there are so many posts and I do not have the time to read it all.

In the mid 80's, a good friend of mine gifted me with a book "De Historia Et Veritate Unicornis/on the History and Truth of the Unicorn" and you can find some of the contents online at http://members.tripod.com/~Ravenwoods/index-3.html

The story goes that a group of monks buried a unicorn's horn in the woods, marked the area around it in a way that would be meaningful to one who truly understood unicorns, and gave the manuscripts to a man named Michael Green. This book purports to be a facsimile of a Renaissance manuscript about the history and truth of unicorns and is supposed to include the clues for how to find the horn.

So, if someone finds the horn (as yet it has eluded all who have sought it) please let us know if you get it tested and it turns out to be from an as yet undocumented creature that we refer to as Unicornus.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

One of the things that I do sometimes when I travel astrally is shapeshift into a unicorn. I have a unicorn friend, as well, and the two of us race across the meadow, and just generally play. I've been friends with this unicorn for years, and we interact both in my human and unicorn forms. So, yes, they are real, although they are not on this plane.
    If you're looking for a pissing match, please look elsewhere. I know what I can do, and don't need to defend it, or be competitive about it. I don't enjoy conflict, so please choose someone who does. Sincere questions are, of course, welcome. Blessed be.

I have a blog now at LiveJournal. It's uncut raw emotion, so proceed with caution, if that sort of thing bothers you.

Have you ever been in a battle of wits, only to realize that your opponent was unarmed?

The only person who has to like you is the one you see in the mirror every day.
    Ironically, if she does, others will, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Calli View Post
    One of the things that I do sometimes when I travel astrally is shapeshift into a unicorn. I have a unicorn friend, as well, and the two of us race across the meadow, and just generally play. I've been friends with this unicorn for years, and we interact both in my human and unicorn forms. So, yes, they are real, although they are not on this plane.
    I am jealous.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Canada, land of the free...wait...Healthcare! yes!
    I suppose it's because I've been in love with unicorns since I was very little and used to read up on them, actual research and found every book or movie I could about them.

Unicorns exist today I'm sure of it. But, from studies Unicorns are also very very deep forest creatures. Places that humans don't usually go and so, it's no wonder why no one's ever seen them. Same with dragons...Dragons are usually sulfur loving creatures, living in areas that are remote and closed off, sleeping in caves or deep forests where not many humans would go to look.

But alas, I've never seen one...Doubt I will. There's not many folk that are pure of heart now a days and apparantly those are the people they tend to show themselves to.
    I'm available for Tarot Readings

An artist is only an artist on condition that he neglects no aspect of his dual nature. This dualism is the power of being oneself and someone else at one and the same time. - Charles Baudelaire

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast