• Yes..haven't seen one but I have proof

33 24.44%
  • No but I wish they did

59 43.70%
  • No..mythilogical creatures don't exist

25 18.52%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Unicorns?

The only unicorns I believe exist are those created through Oberon-Zell Ravenheart's freakish Frankenstein experiments on goats. But those aren't really "unicorns" - they're just one-horned goats. I think it's completely despicable that Ravenheart would even do such things.

http://www.sideshowworld.com/interview-OZ.html

However, I do believe it would be nice if authentic unicorns were actually real. Like anything else, though, they would be hunted and killed for sport, or subjugated by man in other humiliating ways. So perhaps it is better for them that they aren't.
    My God is a real Ass; He butchered the Dying-and-Rising Lord, He stole the Eye from the Hawk, He sires the Children of Rebellion, and He lusts after God and Goddess alike. Every green and growing thing shrivels into dust at His touch; every convention is violated by the seed of His loins. He brings drought and infertility to the land, and He has no respect for the crook or the flail. Yet without Him, the slave would never break free from his bondage, the evil serpent would devour the sun, and the future would never come to pass.

The song of the tempest is His name.

Khepher-I-Suti

i believe they exist/existed

if they had ,and there species died ,i feel that our modern day horses are an evovled form of unicorns..

and if unicorns are still alive ,they have found a place to keep hidden so we cant find them ..or they have moved to live with the goddess of the moon or with mother nature..in her realm

They exist in the magical and fantastic beliefs of other people, to create a lore. However though, sadly there aren't any known unicorns that do exist. I voted No but I wish they did.

I believe that unicorns exists. Which is why I have them in my profile and as my album cover here.
    Tweet THIS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bumpinthenight View Post
    Do they exist? Ive always wanted to think so since I was a little girl..but have never found any evidence...what do you think?
    No. The most likely source of the myth is either a misinterpretation of fossils (same as how people of Antiquity conceived dragons out of dinosaur fossils, or cyclopes out of elephant skeletons), a misinterpretation of existing or anomalous animals, or the endurance of an old myth regarding an extinct species.
    There are many fossils or animals that could easily be mistaken for single-horned, or have a genetic anomaly that caused a mono-horn. This kind of thing must have captured the imagination of ancient peoples, and spun out into wild fantasies.

I believe they exist, though I am more apt to believe in the Chinese "Unicorn" if one could call it that, the Chi-Lin. I had, of course, had a theory as a young'in that the unicorns were hunted to extinction for the same reasons rhino's are hunted: their horns. The horn of a rhino was said to have mystical healing abilities. The same could be said of the unicorn. Or so I believe.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

I think all mythological creatures are real and live in the other realms. I think it's possible that some mythological creatures were once on the physical realm, and evolved (such as the unicorn is now the horse).

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Sacred*~ View Post
    I think it's possible that some mythological creatures were once on the physical realm, and evolved.
    I am reacting with frothing-at-the-mouth rage right now.

Assuming unicorns existed in the physical world, and either evolved or went extinct, then why aren't there any physical remains of them today? We have the remains of other extinct animals, why not the unicorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacredsin View Post
    Assuming unicorns existed in the physical world, and either evolved or went extinct, then why aren't there any physical remains of them today? We have the remains of other extinct animals, why not the unicorn?
    I don't know. The only thing I can think of is either that horn thingy is made of some kind of material that turns to dust when they die or they simply never existed - I have no idea, it's not a serious concern of mine.

Louisvillan,
    Rage. Really? oook

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast