Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: SI support group?

Quote Originally Posted by QUEEN OF THE DAMNED
    What do you think about what I have said?
    I'm going to think for a bit before I really respond.

But I guess what my base question is, is this: In my case, might it be possible that my best choice might be to start some intentional cutting or other more real self injury (even if more symbolic.. a tatoo or piercing of some sort done intentionally for this is a consideration)? Or is that just asking for more trouble?
    "The facts do not change, but their order is given another dimension through another myth. They are experienced differently; they gain another tale."-James Hillman

Justice is blind. A witch is not.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ember
    I'm going to think for a bit before I really respond.

But I guess what my base question is, is this: In my case, might it be possible that my best choice might be to start some intentional cutting or other more real self injury (even if more symbolic.. a tatoo or piercing of some sort done intentionally for this is a consideration)? Or is that just asking for more trouble?
    I dont want to be a downer, but as far as I can see your best choice is to acknowledge the reasons for your behaviour and begin to work through it. Definately not to start self injuring in another form. It does not only leave physical scars, do not start doing that to solve a problem of the same form.
    "I believe we all suffer under a curse, the curse that we know more than we can bear, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing we can do about the force and lure of this curse." Vittorio -Vittorio the Vampire by Anne Rice

i put a cigarette onto my arm last night. i held it there long enough to form a dime sized burn. i don't know why. i didn't think about it before i did it. i did it right in front of the guy i'm seeing. i was sitting on his lap and took his cigarette, took a drag and held it to my arm before i gave it back. it made a sizzling noise. he didn't have any reaction.

it was a odd impulse SI. showing off, i guess.

Well, I haven't cut in 36 days. I have burned though, 2nd degree burns on my hands and wrist. I'm not sure if I'm willing to give that up yet so...
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

and love to you both Spooky and Aminta
    "I believe we all suffer under a curse, the curse that we know more than we can bear, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing we can do about the force and lure of this curse." Vittorio -Vittorio the Vampire by Anne Rice

awww. thanks.

i've got to take care of it now though.
    band aids and such.
    this crap is starting to get obvious.

Something that really helped me get past SIing was when other people started to notice and I saw how much it hurt my friends and family, that didn't really hit me hard though, until a close friend of mine started cutting herself too and I was a reasonably large influenence on her life and I really felt responsible for exposing her to SI and it hurt me sooooo much to see her in such pain like that and then I realised how I was making my friends and family really feel.

traveling between Discordia and Hogsmeade
    Quote Originally Posted by QUEEN OF THE DAMNED
    Something that really helped me get past SIing was when other people started to notice and I saw how much it hurt my friends and family, that didn't really hit me hard though, until a close friend of mine started cutting herself too and I was a reasonably large influenence on her life and I really felt responsible for exposing her to SI and it hurt me sooooo much to see her in such pain like that and then I realised how I was making my friends and family really feel.
    That happened to me, but mostly this year. I told two of my friends about how I was cutting and mostly burning and now both of them cut (although they had been suffering from depression and other things beforehand), but I really feel responsible because I introduced them to the idea of it. It also hurt my mom so much, she just cries if we ever start to talk about because she feels guilty for not noticing it when I first started two years ago (which of course makes me feel even worse for making her feel so wretched when it's not her fault at all). I've been going to therapy since....November, maybe? But the only problem is that our insurance won't cover it because the pyschologist isn't one of the ones that is recommended by the insurance company - the only ones that are deal with eating disorders, which is just another thing to add to my list of stress...

I haven't done it in three weeks! I've resisted all urges - it's like this strange addiction, it's hard to get it out of my head. I'm not even so depressed anymore, just mostly "comfortably numb" but I still want to do it.
    Last edited by blueiris; June 2nd, 2005 at 10:42 PM.
    with peace, blueiris
    Thank youyou Menolly and WynnJera for the banners!

I wish: I want to stay here
    I wish: this be enough
    I wish: I only love you
    I wish: simplicity
    - Bjork - -my blog-

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris
    I haven't done it in three weeks! I've resisted all urges - it's like this strange addiction, it's hard to get it out of my head. I'm not even so depressed anymore, just mostly "comfortably numb" but I still want to do it.
    Great job on 3 weeks!! Yeah, that's how I usually am, "comfortably numb." I've never really been depressed for any length of time and I never want to cut/burn in those periods anyways.

Right now I'm a little messed up as to what I'm doing. Only one of those burns were caused by me. I'm not sure if that scares me or not.
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris
    :fpraiseyo
    Well done on lasting 3 weeks! That's so great honey! I'm really proud of you.
    I understand still wanting to do it. It's an addiction, I still want to do it from time to time, but the urges aren't as strong anymore and I can fight them easily now.
    Keep up the great work

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast