Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SI support group?

Thx are the moment its the one thing Im greatful for.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear. - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen

Teishabee

Share your stories, people. You know the cliche, it makes you feel better and all that. Who knows, maybe it's true!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

.: Links :.
    [Deviant Art] [MySpace] [My Blog]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

this is a good thread and people shuold feel free to participate. i'll go first. the first one is the hardest.

i'm embarrased by my scars. they are obvious to anyone who gives more than a glance. i've considered tattooing over them, but i don't like tattoos. i feel like people see them and think i am some immature, angsty little girl. then when i feel like cutting (which isn't often anymore) i feel sort of reactionary. i am an adult. nobody can tell me what to do.
    i don't think there is anything wrong with SI. i think people who get upset and eat a box of doughnuts or chain smoke cigarettes are doing the EXACT same thing.

Bravo to Spooky for having the nerve to go first. It took courage.

I am really glad that you are starting to work past things. I have read your posts around here, and I think you are too great a person to be weighed down.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    i don't think there is anything wrong with SI. i think people who get upset and eat a box of doughnuts or chain smoke cigarettes are doing the EXACT same thing.
    I can definitely see your perspective. And even, to a lesser extent perhaps, things such as tatooing and piercing are basically the same. Just done in a different context. Perhaps as people become more adjusted to the idea of SI, it will come to bear less stigma?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

.: Links :.
    [Deviant Art] [MySpace] [My Blog]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i don't agree about piercing and tattooing being SI behavior. not that they couldn't be, but if we're going to lump them in there we're going to have to include plastic surgery.
    intention is what defines SI, i think. pain or injury a goal in itself rather than an inescapable side effect of working towards something you want.
    intention or the passive acceptance of injury which is avoidable and without payoff.

-of course SI'ers cause pain to achieve some other goal (attention seeking, relief... on and on the reasons go!) and compulsive eaters and smokers injure themselves in the pursuit of nicotine and unrefined carbs
    so maybe even the inclusion of those behaviors is a bad one. the order of relief and pain are different. can someone sort this out for me? i'm becoming unclear.

maybe it will become more accepted, but our culture doesn't like it when people show their pain. i don't think we are encouraged to show how we really feel anyway. unless you're sobbing and wallowing in self pity and victimization on oprah for other's entertainment.
    Last edited by spooky; April 24th, 2005 at 08:44 PM.

eeew. kisses.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

if you feel like you know me, check out this link. i'ed like to see how i am viewed, and have a bit of reflection.

http://kevan.org/johari?view=spookytooth

Its weird, but when others see my scars, they say dumb things like whats that or why did you do that. The bad feelings you get from their reaction can even lead to more cutting. I have found.

Anything can be distructive, its how you use it against yourself. Over eating, under eating, hair pulling etc.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear. - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen

omg, that's so RUDE! nobody has even said anything like that to me since i was a kid. how old are you tieshabee? i've always thought you were older than I am.

if you think they'll take the hint, tell them "it's a cry for help". say it really deadpan then walk away.

of course if they take you seriously, you're in for some one on one totally misguided counseling. which sould be great if they give you the good pills. they never do though. i would totally SI for great pills- but, in reference to previous arguement, would it be SI if i were only doing it for some goal unrelated to injury?

i'll hold up a cardboard sign near an expressway off ramp that reads somthing to that effect.
    Last edited by spooky; April 25th, 2005 at 10:25 PM. Reason: knife slipped

eeew. kisses.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

if you feel like you know me, check out this link. i'ed like to see how i am viewed, and have a bit of reflection.

http://kevan.org/johari?view=spookytooth

Hi. I quit SIing 4 days ago, and I'm going through withdrawals. I feel sick; I can't get my mind off of it. Has anyone gone through this? Any advice?
    Last edited by Jolixte; April 28th, 2005 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminta
    Hi. I quit 4 SIing 4 days ago, and I'm going through withdrawals. I feel sick; I can't get my mind off of it. Has anyone gone through this? Any advice?
    Go with it? Unlike with drugs it never gets "flushed out" so whether or not you "cravings" will become lessened will depend on you and how you handle it. Think of the reasons why you stopped and hold on to those. Not all at once though, think of one, use it until it becomes trite and then move on to thinking about another reason. *repeat*
    That would be my only suggestion.

I have too many real pets so here are my new virtual babies

Should I try to ease up on the amount instead of going cold turkey? Would that make this easier?
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast