Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: SI support group?

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    omg, that's so RUDE! nobody has even said anything like that to me since i was a kid. how old are you tieshabee? i've always thought you were older than I am.

if you think they'll take the hint, tell them "it's a cry for help". say it really deadpan then walk away.

of course if they take you seriously, you're in for some one on one totally misguided counseling. which sould be great if they give you the good pills. they never do though. i would totally SI for great pills- but, in reference to previous arguement, would it be SI if i were only doing it for some goal unrelated to injury?

i'll hold up a cardboard sign near an expressway off ramp that reads somthing to that effect.
    Tell me about it.It hurts when people are like that.

Im 22, They were just a bit younger about 18. They were the kind of shity people I dont deal with anymore.Not worth my effort.

I think Si is a cry for help.Whether its concious or not to your question.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear. - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen

Quote Originally Posted by Aminta
    Hi. I quit SIing 4 days ago, and I'm going through withdrawals. I feel sick; I can't get my mind off of it. Has anyone gone through this? Any advice?
    Keep busy, taking up a new hobby will help. Also think positive thoughts, the less negative the better.

4 days is great, why go back when you have come so far. Its not easy but your a better person now.

You need to let yourself heal. Take some me time, enjoy yourself. You have a right to be happy.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear. - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen

Quote Originally Posted by elfmage
    Why do you hurt yourself? Can you change/avoid/rectify the problem without hurting yourself?
    Interesting, I read this and I guess I have to admit that I don't really know why I started. I've been doing it for 13 years, and I don't know that I can remember. That seems very silly.
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

Interesting, I read this and I guess I have to admit that I don't really know why I started. I've been doing it for 13 years, and I don't know that I can remember. That seems very silly.
    The key is to be thinking why you still need to be doing it. How can you fit that problem.

That is along time cutting. Your courage to quit is hearting.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Should I try to ease up on the amount instead of going cold turkey? Would that make this easier?
    I tried easing up when I quit, my first time, and it didn't work at all. It's a tease. You just want to do it more.

I have too many real pets so here are my new virtual babies

Aminta: go cold turkey. if you need to see red, take a great big red pen and draw lines on yourself. or hold ice tightly for a minute or two. if those options don't appeal to you, leave the house. force yourself to call your friend or go on a run. i quit by these methods and found them very helpful. i chose to start again, but i hope you don't choose to.

teishabee, i resent you labeling all SI as a cry for help.

Spooky, I think you're right about it not always being a cry for help. There are many reasons to cut. I for one never cut for attention, I never wanted anyone to know. I rarely cut to cope with emotion though.
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

my friend needs to see this. too bad his computers completely sh!tty...ahh...thats what friends are for...he gets to come over now

let them say what they will,
    'cause they will anyhow....
    lay back,
    and light up,
    without any guilt.

yay! sharing, literally as well as figuratively!

Im sorry spooky but I dont do it for nice marks on my arms.

I think you have to deeply question why you are doing it and cus its a relief is bull to me.

Im sorry to offend but I feel strongly about this, too many people choose to ignore or cover up their problems.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast