Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: SI support group?

As I said I don't remember why I started to SI, I do know that the reason now that I cut, burn, or otherwise mutilate is simply to cut, burn, etc. I become addicted to the feeling and chemicals released in my brain, and I didn't stop. I have no underlying issues to work out which is why this is so difficult; there aren't ways to lessen the emotional pain because that isn't why I SI. I also don't mind my scars, they are just as much a part of me and my past as anything else. I hold no regrets for doing what I have done. Right now, the main, if not the only reason, I have for quiting is to prove to myself that I can. You can say I'm covering some problems up if you want, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm not.
    Last edited by Jolixte; April 29th, 2005 at 12:45 PM.

That answer is golden Aminta
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear. - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen

cutting releases OPIATES!!!! this is an addiction, the same as a heroin addiction. it is a choice, which is what pisses me off about the whole "cutting is to show your pain" kind of mind set. taking a pill to kill the pain or reach a high isn't considered asking for help.

i think cutting also has positive sides. it doen't cause weight gain or slopy driving and it allows people to pass through times which otherwise would have resulted in impared judgement. people who cut as a goal in itself, i think do not externalize blame. christ, this is such a multi-faceted subject, i feel stupif writing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    cutting releases OPIATES!!!! this is an addiction, the same as a heroin addiction. it is a choice, which is what pisses me off about the whole "cutting is to show your pain" kind of mind set. taking a pill to kill the pain or reach a high isn't considered asking for help.
    Do you have any information or sources for the opiates?

Most doctors would disagree about the pill thing.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    i think cutting also has positive sides. it doen't cause weight gain or slopy driving and it allows people to pass through times which otherwise would have resulted in impared judgement. people who cut as a goal in itself, i think do not externalize blame. christ, this is such a multi-faceted subject, i feel stupif writing anything.
    I wouldnt call them positive, Maybe less obviously effects.

Please carry on writing. Im interested in all views. I was harsh before I do admit. I just feel that for whatever reason we cut, we shouldnt ignore this as a problem that needs to be fixed.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear. - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen

I'm not sure about opiates. Cutting releasing endorphins in the brain is a theory behind why some cutters exhibit physical withdrawal symptoms. So cutting would be more like cocaine or alcohol which stimulate endorphin production as well.

Teishabee - How do you explain the pro-SI mind set? The people that don't hide it and see it as a valid way to cope.
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

Quote Originally Posted by Aminta
    Teishabee - How do you explain the pro-SI mind set? The people that don't hide it and see it as a valid way to cope.
    Much like the pro-ana movement. I think its a case of denial. Makes much sense really I mean cut to ignore problems, ignore you have a problem with cutting. Its all a sense of lack of responsibility.Seeing SI as a way to cope, like its separate solution.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

endorphins ARE opiates. they are endogenous opoids, which means they are a susbtance formed by the body which are very similar to opiates.
    Last edited by spooky; April 30th, 2005 at 02:47 PM.

eeew. kisses.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

if you feel like you know me, check out this link. i'ed like to see how i am viewed, and have a bit of reflection.

http://kevan.org/johari?view=spookytooth

May I make a request that we return to the original purpose of this thread, to support people who are trying to quit SIing. I could use the support, but I don't need to come here and argue over something so trivial. Thank you.
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

Quote Originally Posted by Aminta
    May I make a request that we return to the original purpose of this thread, to support people who are trying to quit SIing. I could use the support, but I don't need to come here and argue over something so trivial. Thank you.
    yes sorry please tell us how you are doing.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

umm, i SI too and i like talking about this. viewing addiction as an apsect of cutting can be helpful for people who want to stop.

just because we are talking about chemicals and anything else doesn't mean our support for you has wavered.
    Last edited by spooky; April 30th, 2005 at 05:23 PM.

eeew. kisses.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

if you feel like you know me, check out this link. i'ed like to see how i am viewed, and have a bit of reflection.

http://kevan.org/johari?view=spookytooth

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast