Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: SI support group?

First off, CONGRATULATIONS on going 6 days!! That's a damn good achievement. :D

I feel almost like I am intruding here, but I found a few suggestions for alternatives (some of them are stupid, but others are quite good);

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

And here

I hope you find something useful out of that list. And you can always talk to us here on MW.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

.: Links :.
    [Deviant Art] [MySpace] [My Blog]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im sorry about the debate, but I did find it interesting to discuss.

I was being honest as usual and I would like to say sorry to offend. Im open minded tho, so my thoughts are always admissible to change. This can be bad as I seem fickle but if it keeps me from being stagnant in my views. I take life with an open heart and mind.

Aminta, I hope you are doing ok and you managed to stop the urge.

Spooky if you need support.I know its hard talking about these things they can be triggering. I am here for both of you also. I tend to go in cycles of wanting to and Im clear so far. So any thoughts you can freely state.

As for your question Aminta,

Have you told anyone? Was is it a good idea? Are they a support system for you?
    My parents found out. I have a few close friends. But its all a case of you really dont understand,unless you've been there. And as we can see from my responses to SI, not everyone has the same views on why we do it or how to resolve it.

I have to say at first its a struggle telling someone.They want to know why why why and then some but its always a relief , to have someone else know. Its good for quitting. They tend to keep an eye on you. Its pressure for granted but good.

My parents are great in that they support me.They are there for my depression. I see the SI as part of this. But I would see a friend having the same role.Its just who you trust and is around most for you. Talkign with my parents is the best thing I ever did.Where closer as a family and I no loner feel the need to cope alone.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear. - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen

Sorry to ramble there, its a deep fault but forgot to say thx to elfmage for the links. Has anyone got any self methods to stop physically or mentally with the urge.

I have to say distraction methods are a key. If your depressed try to avoid being alone. Even if you cant go out. Chat rooms are good. Always people talking also IM.

Keep positive thoughts. I know its hard but it does benefit. ATM Im currently trying to look into ways to brighten my day up. Looking into alternative and holistic therapies.

Even if Nirvana are my fav band.Im trying to listen to up-beat songs. Bring on the cheesey pop or at least songs with happy lyrics.

Dont put yourself down. I find I do it without knowing but I try to stop myself. Its even easier on the board. I apoligise alot also. But have faith in yourself and your views. They are valid, as are you.

How about you do some research I will put my findings up, if you want me to but for now a good distract is DIY google searching. I love google!

some ideas color therapy-Certain colors trigger moods.

Message - Self or get a friend, a great way to relax.The thoughts are very stressful and you can get tense. I also find it can clear your mind.

Excercise - Well its an activity. Also some findings show it can help depression. I have been walking alot and it gets you out the house. Gives you time to think and has been lightening my mood, so there could be proof in that.

Eating certain foods - Complex carbohydrates,these simulate production of serotin in the body, the feel good hormone. Also eating certain fats, as these are good for lifting moods. Dark choclate is one of these.

Aromathery and bach flower oils. - A nice bath filled with Ylang ylang oil. This helps relaxtion and can lift the mood. Also the sent of bach flower mustard is good for random depression.

Anyways those are my thoughts, feel free to comment.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear. - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen

elfmage. what good sites. i really like the first one.

i feel down today. having dreams.

Elfmage - Thanks for the sites.
    Teishabee - Thanks for that as well.
    for spooky, I hope your day gets better.

I'm on a week, yay.

I've run across a slight problem which I'm not sure how to fix. There is a group of 6 (2 guys, 4 girls)people that I spend the majority of my time with and they all know that I cut and that 2 other girls in the group cut as well. The thing is this one guy, who is a good friend of mine, doesn't want me to stop because he doesn't see my reasoning behind it as being harmful unlike the other 2 other girls. The other guy isn't helping either because he thinks I'd be happier if I did it. Now I'm confused because I'm not really sure what harmful is.
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

Quote Originally Posted by Aminta
    Elfmage - Thanks for the sites.
    Teishabee - Thanks for that as well.
    for spooky, I hope your day gets better.

I'm on a week, yay.

I've run across a slight problem which I'm not sure how to fix. There is a group of 6 (2 guys, 4 girls)people that I spend the majority of my time with and they all know that I cut and that 2 other girls in the group cut as well. The thing is this one guy, who is a good friend of mine, doesn't want me to stop because he doesn't see my reasoning behind it as being harmful unlike the other 2 other girls. The other guy isn't helping either because he thinks I'd be happier if I did it. Now I'm confused because I'm not really sure what harmful is.
    Just go with what you want.
    Tell them staright this is your decision and that these are your views
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

if you are trying to stop, then you must want to stop. right? he has NO word on what you do to your body. even if he is your friend. you have to follow your own concience.

what makes him privy to your habit anyway? it's none of his business.
    i can't believe he would tell you NOT to stop. how odd.

Just popped in to say I'm on day 10. It's still always in the back of my head, but the little voice is weaker. I'm also being less of a bitch to people now because I actually feel better.

ETA: The guys have shut up about it so I'm not going to rehash it at this point.
    Last edited by Jolixte; May 4th, 2005 at 06:39 PM.
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

keeping your progress on the DL sounds like a very good idea.

congrats on ten days. i'm so proud of you for all your hard work. very very good job. *hug*

your ghost,
    spooky

traveling between Discordia and Hogsmeade
    Hi everybody, is it all right if I join this group?
    I've been self-injuring for two years. I have some form of clinical depression (no one is really sure, I might be bipolar as well), and I most likely have Depersonalization disorder. I burn myself with matches, I cut myself, and I scratch myself - and I'm not really sure why I do it. I do it when I get really angry, when I'm upset, when I'm feeling particularly numb. For the past month or so I've been kind of drifting from it, except when I do it now, I either cut so deeply it takes a long time to stop bleeding or the burns are worse than usual.
    And naturally, this kind of year is hard. My friends - most of them know about it - all went swimming last weekend. Prom is next week, and I'm going - my boyfriend doesn't know anything about my arms or legs, so this should be an interesting experience. For those of you who do it because you're numb, have you found any other ways to overcome the numbness?
    with peace, blueiris
    Thank youyou Menolly and WynnJera for the banners!

I wish: I want to stay here
    I wish: this be enough
    I wish: I only love you
    I wish: simplicity
    - Bjork - -my blog-

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast