Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Sad Cat Resuce Experience

A Sad Cat Resuce Experience

I had a sad experience today with a cat, I found a cat nearly dead lying in the median of a very busy highway. My husband saw the cat and asked me if he should turn around to get it. I said, sure, I'm a vet assistant, I feel obligated. Well, I walked up to this cat and it didn't budge and wasn't looking at me, so I thought it was dead, but when I got close it rolled over as if to atack, and then just went limp. I knew something was very very wrong, but I didn't want to get bitten (helllo Rabies?) so I scrufted the cat, and carried him back to the truck, wraped it up in a jacket. He was covered in ticks, and wasn't all there mentaly, I was afraid he was feral. But soon he relaxed and started to kneed the coat, so then I knew he was friendly and understood that I was there to help. He was very thin, but I didn't want to mess with him in the car (ie didn't want to get bit). So I called into work, "Hey it's me, I found a cat covered in ticks, let the Doc know I'm coming in ASAP, he's not acting normal, but not bleeding." Well, I rush into the hospital and take in to the back to get a proper look. I was going to do a FIV/Leuk test first, but the Doc took a look at his mouth. "He's an old cat, missing lots of teeth, very very very dehydrated, and probably in renal failure." Anne, another nurse, said this cat should be put to sleep, he's not going to make it. Now, I just lost a cat to renal failure, so I knew when I heard that, there was no hope. So, we had to put him to sleep. He was so dehydrated that the Doc had a hard time with it. I named him Mercy as I feel all cats should have a name on the day they die. I still feel like I rescued him, as least he didn't have to spend one more night out in the rain alone suffering.

Goddess Bless you Mercy! I'm glad I could be there to end your suffering. In the end you were loved.
    Dove

New to Wicca? Start Here!

"I sometimes find the excessive amount of "fluff-bunny" paganism on the 'net to be annoying, but the 'stinking-badgers" on the other end of the spectrum are just as unrepresentative." -I. Bonewits

MoringDove's Web Sitel Morning Dove's Live Journal My Pagan Quizes

:hearthearHave a Blessed Day!:hearthear

is offline Eclectic Pagan of a solitary nature
    Thanks Faeawyn, Sennefer, Noriohtle and Kern

:rubhead:
    I'm glad you were able to make the cat's last moments better than they could have been.

I have too many real pets so here are my new virtual babies

You did a wonderful thing

This is my dragon Titania made by instinct

MySpace
    CovenSpace
    Facebook
    PaganSpace.com
    PaganSpace.net

You did a very special thing to help ease that cat's suffering. Thank you!

Ben Gruagach
    MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
    author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
    visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

You eased his suffering, and that was all you can do at that point. He's in a much happier, pain free place now.
    My Myspace!

"I might disagree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I think you gave him a few moments of happiness before he died, and you gave him someone that cares.
    That's more than he would have gotten if left on the street to die.

Wow. I have to thankyou for giving a defenless animal some diginity when it dies. No one deserves to die alone, especially not animals.

Have lots of karma.

is offline Hold still so I can catch you!
    What you did was a beautiful thing.

You made the last moments of a cat that had obviously been going through a lot of suffering full of love and compassion.

I believe that the cat was thanking you when it was kneading your coat.

You were both blessed to have found each other and to have shared that moment of love.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] banner by Faeawyn. Thank you!
    Boing! Blessings of the boing be with you.
    Life is a lemon and the kids threw my lemonaid recipe in the cat box.

You did a great thing! You eased its suffering. Made it so it wouldn't have to through anymore.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast