Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of Pagan are you? (Quiz)

You scored as Shamanic Pagan.

A shamanic pagan's roots are generally found in Native American faith. A true love and respect for the earth and all that it yields is central to their faith. Wisdom is most often found in spirit guides or totems, who can be animals, ancestors, or spirits. Pagans who follow this path tend to be far more aware of the delicate web that interweaves the lives of every person and thus move within that web accordingly. They're usually deeply insightful, friendly, loving people and excellent friends and parents. Mysterious and strong, as well, they are often the protectors of their friends and family as well as the moral compass for their friends and loved ones.

Celtic Pantheonic Pagan 80%
    Shamanic Pagan 80%
    Zoroastrian Pagan 60%
    Egyptian Pantheonic Pagan 60%
    Ecclectic Pagan 50%
    Roman Pantheonic Pagan 50%
    Greek Pantheonic Pagan 50%
    Eastern Pagan 40%
    Kabbalistic Pagan40%
    Catholic (Pagan?) 35%
    Sumerian, Babylonian, and Mesopotamian Pagans25%
    Norse Pantheonic Pagan (Asatru) 15%
    Last edited by BrigidMoon; July 20th, 2005 at 09:31 AM.
    Eowyn - "The women of this country learned long ago, those without swords can still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ash
    "Can catholisism count as a form of paganism?"

Did you know that the famed apostle Peter went underground (literally in the catacombs in Rome) after the crucifiction of his friend/mentor Jesus and practiced ritual among the dead with water (cleansing), burning rosemary for rememberance (just like they do in the Catholic church) and gave up offerings (food/symbol for sacrifice)......
    Alot of things ARE VERY pagan in their origination.
    Also, it has been rumored that Jesus studied for those 3 years between the ages 27-30 with the Druids before his teachings and death.
    You be the judge.

http://www.palden.co.uk/leymap/jesus.html
    http://www.lightstreamers.com/kimball.htm

http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/religion/christianity/biblefraud.shtml

Blessings
    Sea Ash
    ~We are what we know~
    huh... interesting. thanks

You scored as Greek Pantheonic Pagan.

One of the best well-known pantheons around is Greek, due to the popularity of the Greek myths. Pagans who fall into this catagory tend to follow the Mother and Father images of Zues and Hera, but it's not at all uncommon for their patron deities to be other Greek Gods or Heroes, such as Ares, Hades, Persephone, Apollo, Artemis, or Dionysis. Lusty and dramatic, the Greek Gods call to those who like epic tales and wild romance. You either already are a Greek Pantheon follower, or else you look to them often for insight.

Greek Pantheonic Pagan

95%
    Celtic Pantheonic Pagan

20%
    Ecclectic Pagan

20%
    Zoroastrian Pagan

20%
    Norse Pantheonic Pagan (Asatru)

15%
    Roman Pantheonic Pagan

10%
    Shamanic Pagan

10%
    Eastern Pagan

10%
    Sumerian, Babylonian, and Mesopotamian Pagans

5%
    Egyptian Pantheonic Pagan

5%
    Kabbalistic Pagan

0%
    Catholic (Pagan?)

0%

I am not surprised.
    As time goes by, we learn that all people are not created equally. We are all designed in a unique fashion to flow in the essence of harmony.

Mischief Managed.

You scored as Roman Pantheonic Pagan.

You are drawn to the Roman Pantheon. Most names of our planets come from this group, including: Jupiter, Pluto, Neptune, Mars and Venus to name a few. A little less mainstream than your Greek cousins, and often confused for them, you know that there's a difference between the two pantheons and are quick to remind others of those differences. A little more down-to-earth than your Greek cousins, you tend to enjoy fact before fiction, and though no less lusty and romantic, you are more logical about your actions.

Roman Pantheonic Pagan

85%
    Zoroastrian Pagan

75%
    Shamanic Pagan

75%
    Ecclectic Pagan

70%

65%
    Celtic Pantheonic Pagan

45%
    Eastern Pagan

35%
    Greek Pantheonic Pagan

25%

25%

20%
    Kabbalistic Pagan

20%
    Catholic (Pagan?)

0%

pretty interesting, although some of the questions were pretty dumb... pluto isn't the name of mickey mouse's dog? of course it is, but its also the name of the roman god of the underworld...

You scored as Zoroastrian Pagan.
    The Zoroastrian Pagan is a rare breed who follows the teachings of Zoroaster, the religious reformer. He believed that there were no gods, and it was naive to put faith in them and give them names. What one should focus on is merely serving one side of the cosmic duality; work on good or light deeds, and the world would become more good or light. Pagans of this variety are rare, but often feel like they get more done without the hassle and clutter of pantheons and gods. They're smart, analytical, and occationally cynical.

Wow! Strange for me,I never expected.... but I will work on it....good for study!!
    : Sybill

No surprise here, except that merely knowing something of other faiths and accepting that they do apply seems to raise my rating for those faiths a little higher than I believe it is. Zoroastarianism for example.

You scored as Norse Pantheonic Pagan (Asatru).

You might well be Asatru, or Norse Pagan. With prodominantly Germanic and Slavic roots, the Gods of the Norse are strong, bawdy and passionate. Many men feel drawn to these gods, and this is the faith for those who celebrate courage, valor and strength. Home of one of the most well known Gods of mischief and fire, Loki, followers of this pantheon tend to be full of good humor and also strong in spirit and frequently the protectors of those they care for.

Norse Pantheonic Pagan (Asatru) 100%
    Shamanic Pagan 80%
    Celtic Pantheonic Pagan 65%
    Zoroastrian Pagan 50%
    Ecclectic Pagan 45%
    Egyptian Pantheonic Pagan 35%
    Roman Pantheonic Pagan 35%
    Eastern Pagan 30%
    Greek Pantheonic Pagan 25%
    Sumerian, Babylonian, and Mesopotamian Pagans 20%
    Catholic (Pagan?) 20%
    Kabbalistic Pagan 10%

I'm an Ecclectic Pagan

A veritable blend of all the pantheons and perhaps a dash of a few other religions as well, you're the versitile Ecclectic Pagan. You have no problem wearing an ankh while setting an offering to Herne on your alter just below your image of Hera. You don't believe in coloring within the lines, and are a bright free-thinker. While you respect the views of your fellow pagans, as far as you're concerned, religion is the sky, and there's no one about to clip your wings with lines and limitations.

85%
    Ecclectic Pagan

85%
    Greek Pantheonic Pagan

80%
    Celtic Pantheonic Pagan

75%
    Zoroastrian Pagan

75%
    Eastern Pagan

70%
    Kabbalistic Pagan

70%
    Shamanic Pagan

65%

65%
    Roman Pantheonic Pagan

60%
    Catholic (Pagan?)

55%

55%

I guess i should start researching a lot of these to see which one i feel drawn to the most although i'm not surprised as i am attracted to all these paths but i have time to choose

Interesting. It says I'm a 100% Zoroastrian Pagan. That was a surprise. (Belief-o-Matic calls me a 98% Liberal Christian Protestant for that matter. I think it just proves these quiz things aren't very good at pegging people.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What do you know, it was accurate.

You scored as Eastern Pagan.
    Eastern Pagans come in two breeds; The Buddhist-Pagan, who follows the Buddhist belief of the "middle way" and the Hindu-pagan, who leans to the Hindu Pantheon of gods.Thoughtful, calm, insightful individuals are often drawn to Eastern mythology and thought. Enlightenment is more than a theory; it's a state of mind to aspire to, and there are certain key elements that you've found in the Eastern paths that offer to help you on the journey. Those who seek these paths are often the teachers, the peacemakters and the intellectualists of our world.

Eastern Pagan
    85%

Kabbalistic Pagan
    35%
    Ecclectic Pagan
    20%
    Shamanic Pagan
    20%
    Zoroastrian Pagan
    20%
    15%
    10%
    Greek Pantheonic Pagan
    5%
    Roman Pantheonic Pagan
    0%
    Celtic Pantheonic Pagan
    0%
    0%
    Catholic (Pagan?)
    0%

I got Eclectic Pagan. Not suprising. It's true that I don't have a particular pantheon, but then, I don't have a name for my Deity. I guess I could be considered eclectic in my practices, though.
    Only in Kenya!
    http://www.weebls-stuff.com/

shiny avatar found at www.avatarity.com

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) look...a bunny!

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast