Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Book Exchange Guidelines and Profiles

is offline Earth loving dirt worshiper

Book Exchange Guidelines and Profiles

Can I possibly get a sticky for this? Pretty please?

So, here is everything you need to know about the Book Exchange:

What actually happens

You will send out a book to a partner I will assign. They will have a profile in this thread, so try to send something you think they will like. It might also be nice to include a note about why you like the book or think they might like it. And since we're all big readers, you may want to discuss which books you could send to make sure your partner hasn't already read it.

Please create a profile in this thread (or in a pm to me) which answers the following questions:

What kinds of books are you interested in reading?
    What kinds of books are you willing to send out?
    Are you willing to ship internationally?
    Are you interested in recieving/trading audio books?

Please be very thurough: in other words, don't tell us that you're interested in books on Pagansim, tell us your interested in Wicca, Thelema, Asatru, the Egyptian or Kemetic path, etc. (unless you really are interested in anything and everything which may fall under the heading of Pagan). And, no, this exchange is not only limited to books of Spiritual interest.

Timeline

You must sign up by the 15th of each month. You will also need to post a profile and send me your mailing address and a method of contacting you outside MW (an email address, phone #, or instant message name)

You will be assigned trading partners by the 18th. You may not be recieving from the same person you're sending to because I'm going to try my darndest to match interests with what people have to give.

Please have your book in the mail by the end of the month.

What to post and when

Please post in the appropriate monthly forum when:
    - you want to sign up for participation that month
    - your book has been sent
    - you recieve your book

Technicalities

Obviously, this trade is at your own risk, and you will be assuming all responsibility for shipping costs of your book (unless you want to work out another deal with your partner). If someone can't make the deadline for sending just pm me and let your partner know. I'm a pretty understanding person, but if you simply don't send a book and don't tell us about it, you won't be able to participate in the next exchange.

Unless you make other arrangments with your partner, you will not get your book back.

Check the forum regularly as it is too much work to send out masses of pm's. I will post all announcements in the monthly thread.

And Finally

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, complaints or whatnot please pm me. Let's try to keep this forum for just profiles and guidelines.

Hope you all enjoy your books and this goes smoothly each month!

What kinds of books are you interested in reading? I am interested in Wiccan books
    What kinds of books are you willing to send out? Wiccan or Stephen King
    Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes
    Are you interested in recieving/trading audio books? I would love to get audio books

I am looking for the mists of avalon.

RowanMegaera's Profile

I will read anything I can get my grubby little paws on.
    I love history, alternate history, mythology, some romances, horror, cookbooks, spirituality, feng shui...
    I can read French, Spanish, some Italian, Portugese, Latin, German, and I love a challenge.

I can send, pretty much the same topics that I like to receive. I might not want to give up all of my cookbooks, but I have a few I would be willing to pass on.

I would be willing to ship internationally.

Audio books are fabulous, but I don't have any to share. I borrow all of mine from the library and Cracker Barrell and they frown on us giving them away.
    Last edited by bshore; June 21st, 2005 at 04:45 PM.

bshore's profile

I am interested in reading
    anything by Ursula K LeGuin, or Lon Milo Duquette
    anything related to tarot, herb gardening, gnostic spirituality, the whole Magdalene/Jesus thing (but not Margaret Starbird), Qabalah, or anything pertaining to any Spirituality which you would like to share
    Also would like books on the environment or sustainable ideas, books on taoist philosophy (especially the tao of pooh or te of piglet), books for somone who is pissed off at the way the government is running things.
    any good romance novels
    any good fantasy novels (but please no Stephen King)

I can send
    romance novels (good ones, not Harlequin)
    Margaret Starbird books
    Sylvia Brown books

I cannot ship internationally (sorry, I'm a college student on a tight budget).

I would love to recieve audio books, but don't have any to send

It's just that simple folks! Can't wait to see this get started!
    Last edited by bshore; June 30th, 2005 at 12:13 PM.

Deranged Hermit's profile

I'm interested in reading: Mystery, sci-fi/fantasy, YA, humor, historical fiction, just about anything except romance.

I only have a few books on hand to send; a couple of sci-fi, a couple general fiction (stories), and a couple YA books. The library in town always has lots of romance and mystery for sale, plus a variety of other subjects, so I could get those easily.

Edited to add a few books DH can send:
    tuesdays with Morrie
    a couple of 'Cat Who...' books
    an Agatha Christie novel
    a 'Judge Judy' book (I thought someone might be a fan, even though I'm not)
    a couple of Jane Austen novels

I cannot ship internationally.

I am not interested in sending or receiving audio books.

Most of the books I own have been read many times (mostly bought from the library), so if that's not cool, just let me know.
    Last edited by bshore; June 30th, 2005 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bshore
    I'm interested in reading: Mystery, sci-fi/fantasy, YA, humor, historical fiction, just about anything except romance.

I only have a few books on hand to send; a couple of sci-fi, a couple general fiction (stories), and a couple YA books. The library in town always has lots of romance and mystery for sale, plus a variety of other subjects, so I could get those easily.

I cannot ship internationally.

I am not interested in sending or receiving audio books.

Most of the books I own have been read many times (mostly bought from the library), so if that's not cool, just let me know.
    (I just wanted to add a couple things)
    I'm interested in receiving books about Wicca, Tarot, Runes, etc., though I don't have anything like that to send.

I've been trying to buy a variety of books at sales and so forth, so what I have to send will vary from month to month. Just ask me and I'll tell you what I have on hand. Thanks.

blueangel's profile

Books I would like:

Stories especially ones about families, books about witchcraft particularly incorporating it into cookery and everyday life, holistic therapies such as aromatherapy, cookbooks, craft books (particularly cardmaking/scrapbooking)

Books I have to send: Cookbooks, various novels, a charm&spell book, Jane Austen novels, I also have some German magazines that I have picked up on my travels. I am going to malaysia soon so I hope to get a couple of books that I could then swap if anyone is interested. Other books I have to send are craft books and i think I have some great childrens books. Basically I have many books and lots of them i would be willing to swap because i am keen to have something new to read.

Naiad's profile

Books I'm interested in:

Fantasy
    Sci-fi
    Horror
    Mystery
    Teen fiction
    Tarot
    Herbs

I can send:

Children/Teen horror
    Selection of Goosebumps books
    Point Horror Books
    Childrens fiction

The following by Roald Dahl:

Esio Trot
    The Magic Finger
    Georges Marvellous Medicine
    James and the Giant Peach

Worry Warts and Water Wings both by Morris Gleiztman
    Superfudge by Judy Blume

Classic Fiction:

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
    The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
    Greyfriars Bobby by Elanaor Atkinson

Others:

The Book of Night with Moon by Diane Duane (Sci fi)
    The Hedge of India by Roy Moxham (History/travel)

There's a local second-hand book shop and the library sells books so I can easily get hold of cheap books as well if they don't interest anyone.

I can ship internationally!

I wouldn't mind recieving audio books but I don't have any to send
    Last edited by bshore; July 14th, 2005 at 11:26 AM.

Haruka2077's profile

What kinds of books are you interested in reading?
    I am primarily interested in science fiction (not fantasy) or any spiritual books- preferably introductory or overview type of books- from ANY religion or path, books on mythology, or books on diseases, epidemiology, psychology or forensics.

What kinds of books are you willing to send out? I have LOTS of fantasy books, various kinds of books on Pagan spirituality and a small collection of Christian theology books. I have a couple of Celtic mythology books, some European history books, and a few books on diseases and epidemics. I have at least one or two books on just about every subject!

Are you willing to ship internationally?
    Yes.

Are you interested in recieving/trading audio books? No.

shamannathwife Tasha's profile

I'm interesting in reading: Herbs books, Witch craft, Photography

I can Send: Romantic, War books, Scifi, and just ask and we will see if we have it or can locate it real easy.

We cannot send any internationally.

Would like to receive Audio books: yes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast