Thread: Gemstones for Capricorn

Gemstones for Capricorn

Okay, Rhyce and I were at a metaphysical store earlier this week, and came across the birthstone for Capricorn (the baby's birth sign) which happened to be, Snowflake Obsidian, but I keep reading on the net that's Garnet, so which is it?
    Last edited by RubyRose; July 9th, 2005 at 06:34 AM.

My Author Page
    That's the thing about magic. There's always consequences. Always.

is offline Guardian of the Universal Spirit Energy
    Being a Capricorn myself , I thought that my birthstone was only Garnet for may years. That is until I started getting in to crystals and gem stones a few years back. Birthstones ground and amplify celestial energys. Each zodiac sgin has traditional crystal associated with them. But they also have other crystal affinities, they are based on the month of birth, others from the planets connected with the a sign. Here are some of the other crystals associated with being a Capricorn:
    Jet
    Onyx
    Amber
    Malachite
    Smoke Quartz
    Turquoise

as you can see the list goes on. Any bookstore or metaphysical store should have a good collection of crystal books, I have about 12 myself . Most of them are illustrated(rough cut, polished, and or tumbled). Not recommending anyone, but I use The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall the most. I know this has been alittle long :zzzzZZZ: but I hope it helps. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRose
    Okay, Rhyce and I were at a metaphysical store earlier this week, and came across the birthstone for Capricorn (the baby's birth sign) which happened to be, Snowflake Obsidian, but I keep reading on the net that's Garnet, so which is it?
    Dragons Heart
    May the spirit of the Dragon watch over and protect you and yours

Thanks, I really do need to buy myself a decent book on crystals.

My Author Page

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRose
    Thanks, I really do need to buy myself a decent book on crystals.
    i recommend melodys LOVE IS IN THE EARTH

Quote Originally Posted by CzechWoods
    Adds that book to the wishlist
    Very sleek and fat did the cats appear, and sonorous with purring content.
    H.P. Lovecraft~"The Cats of Ulthar"

*Sweet Merciful Crap*
    For Flar7

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
    Lewis Carroll

My first published story...Look! My Other Home infp, geek, wannabe writer, Priemptive Salvage Engineer, and all around strange person

Thanks for the suggestion

My Author Page

Quote Originally Posted by CzechWoods
    I also recomend this book. I would like to see a book on gems that has a wider variety than this one.if so let me know. Also the suppliments A and Z are also good. I need to get book Z though.that's on the wishlist
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

while going through old threads. i needed to say that garnets are not neccessary the birthstones for capicorns. they are the traditional,modern and Ayurvedic birthstones for the month of January. since Capricorns are from Dec. 22 to Jan.20 they could have two different stones (like every other sign.) of course it would be Dec. and January.
    traditional birthstones for Dec. are bloodstone and ruby. and for January it is garnet. for Modern birth stones for December they are Turquoise,zircon,tanzanite and blue topaz. for January they are Garnets. for Mythical birthstones, for December they are onyx and for January they are Emerald. for the Ayurvedic birthstones , for December they are ruby and for January they are garnets.

although certain astrological associations attributed ruby to be the stone for capricorn.

additionally black pearls,moss agates, green tourmaline and tourminalted quartz is good.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.